Thread: PVP is fine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    is this a serious statement? i dunno if you're aware how much resil affects reductions..and mages NEED it. its not like destro where you walk around with 64% and be ok.. i cant speak to 5.3 right now because it's not out but right now on live.. lets be real . lol.
    Resilience is not as good on PTR as on live.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    I guess by gear scaling you mean, that pve items will now have 496 ilvl cap in arena, rbg, and random bgs. Well the scaling was placed in so you wouldnt use pve items in pvp. The pve trinkets are going to have 496ilvl, and their proc is double the length, and half the strength, so definitely not like it is right now. Further more some other trinkets are nerfed even more. There is a list in some blue post.

The pvp power which is your main increase of damage and now is around 50% will be like 37% next patch, which is around 10% decrease You got like 2300 ressil from gems if you went all ressil with gem bonuses, if you gem that all in int you get like 1150 extra int which is like 6% dmg increase. Besides there were already so many mages gemming int for comps like rmp, and they had like 63% ressil, now they will have 65% and lower damage, so the pace will be slower. A lot of classes gem main stat already.

On proc trinket with on use is no biggie, but he also has Tailoring cloak enchant, and jade spirit on weapon, and getting all these four together, that's the issue, not just two trinkets. And how does that prove that scaling is shit? This was around for ages lol.

Besides they now have very powerful tool in base resilience, if the burst gets out of hand, they can just easily increase it, even mid season to like 66% or 70% in next season, and slower the speed of game. Tbc resilience lowered the crit chance on you and wasnt as powerful and balanced as it is now. If shit will be faster than in 5.2, which it wont, you can be sure base resilience will get adjusted.
    or thats right res will fix it,like it does now.gear scaling will fix it,smoke and mirrors.your right im wrong,pvp is not fucked in wow at all.main stats are better for dps in 5.3 then pvp power,no point in geming pvp power.

He did 421k damage in one second, on a frozen target thats a leather healer,

to be fair, any decent healer will make that up in seconds once the freeze is over, if were talking about sub standard pvp gear from last season, people will be sitting on 500k plus,

And one of the you tube comments nails it, its not like mages are the only ones with this "1 shot macro" most have it at one point or another

Edit

Additionally, if your talking in a BG point of view, then 9 times out of 10 its a farmer thats doing it, not someone concentrating purley on the objective of the bg, if its in arena, people are expecting it and have counters ready, pvp trinkets break freeze, humans every man for himself, dks AMS, hunters deterrence etc etc

It won't be fine till we stop having gear with stats in the thousands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    He did 421k damage in one second, on a frozen target thats a leather healer,

to be fair, any decent healer will make that up in seconds once the freeze is over, if were talking about sub standard pvp gear from last season, people will be sitting on 500k plus,

And one of the you tube comments nails it, its not like mages are the only ones with this "1 shot macro" most have it at one point or another

Edit

Additionally, if your talking in a BG point of view, then 9 times out of 10 its a farmer thats doing it, not someone concentrating purley on the objective of the bg, if its in arena, people are expecting it and have counters ready, pvp trinkets break freeze, humans every man for himself, dks AMS, hunters deterrence etc etc
    "leather healer"

you do know that Armour has all be normalized right?you do know that plate does not offer any protection from casters?so leather or plate does not matter.

It's nothing surprising becouse mage got all setup he needed and then nuked "trinketless target", also he's completly reforged to mastery and using mage armor so big numbers against frozen target is a given. Thing is that your average mage don't need this wholle setup to blow someone in deep - just poped incanters ward, orb/deep and meanwhille nether tempest + orb ticks, 2 FoF icelance and frostfire bolt will do the job and if smth goes wrong with crits you'll come out of deep into blanket silence to meet alter timed 2d row of instant procs. That's why mage teams are absurd - you need to shut down mage but when there's SP or rogue or elem shaman that all have high solo potential it's double as hard. Still doable though, just play with hunter yourself)

Deleted
    Yeah it's fine if you're a hunter I guess.

Mages are fine, stop whining about them, there is far worse on live at the moment.

Deleted
    "And the person will die from this burst, IF they don't use any defensive cooldowns." Oh, so it's something weird when a person needs to pop defensives when a mage gets all procs available and popping all cooldowns. Bad mage bad video.

Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Oh, so it's something weird when a person needs to pop defensives when a mage gets all procs available and popping all cooldowns.
    Bad poster, bad post.

It's granted you'll die to any burst without using cooldowns, you can't be that dense.
    The controversial aspect of this burst is that unless you're looking for it hard you're gonna get crushed, sicne you don't take any damage until the bomb, frostbolt, icelance shatter explodes... which is what I think he really meant.
    Hell, even looking for it... use cds... 300, 200k damage in 1 sec from one player -- Dispell frostbomb...still get ice lances for 100k.

So quoting him on that slipoff doesn't change the fact that it's a tool ready available for geared frost mages, and it has to be stopped somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by rambominator View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlPzchgKvBM

The video says it all.

The mage had jade spirit( any caster must have it) lightweave (tailoring) on use trinket (everyone have this) and DMF trinket.
    The DMF trinket is giving 4,4k SP when the tyran proc one is giving 4360 but the pvp ones give 5% pvp power so its better.
    He stacked Int in gems and in 5.3 int will be 2x better then power.

If u cant do the math if he pops everything on you he can do 700k burst in 5 secs.
    Dont forget his FB/ice lance missed due to dematerialize and some of the orb ticks but he still killed him rofl.(lol 30k orb ticks)

I have played since vanilla and this is the MOST RETARDED burst i've ever seen.

Thoughts?

You must not have watched the whole video because he actually does the math and it's a little over 400k...not 700k...numbers...how do they work?!

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    A mage is standing there with every proc and CD up in the game. You stand there and eat all the damage. What do you expect to happen? The fact that you take anything in Cartoonz videos as serious tips is hilarious.
    as much as i hate mages, but this^^

Quote Originally Posted by rambominator View Post
    I have played since vanilla and this is the MOST RETARDED burst i've ever seen.

Then you haven't played since vanilla.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mages and rogues are a little bit overpowered. I don't think it's terrible to say so as we all know that, it's not like they are that terribly overpowered over the rest! But they certainly are a bit.

That shouldn't happen with any class because that's exactly what kills "balance".

Unbalance should come from good player combos (if it should ever come at all), not from single classes / specs.

Deleted
    Are we having a discussion with this video as a basis?

It's a setup! They're meant to be visually impacting and show what could potentially happen if the stars align under the perfect circumstances. This isn't actual pvp y'know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen worse.
    In vanilla as a rank 14 arms warrior + severance I would 2-3 shot anything apart from geared tank specs.
    Charge into a big mob -> whirlwind (crits the average geared player for 50% of their hp) -> intimidating shout -> Ms w sweeping strikes on a healer/ higher geared player-> new whirlwind -> how to solo 10 players.

Or better still ret paladins in early wrath -> divine storm for 16-18k -> 60-70% of an average player's hp.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    A mage is standing there with every proc and CD up in the game. You stand there and eat all the damage. What do you expect to happen? The fact that you take anything in Cartoonz videos as serious tips is hilarious.
    That being said, the same fuckin thing was said about Powershot. and original Chaos Bolts. What makes mages so special?
    It isn't even hard to get everything to proc at the start of an arena and Deep Freeze the healer and eat his face, almost alone. He did that damage without Mastery buff, and he did it without stats buff. That's dumb. There is no defense for globalling someone, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    That being said, the same fuckin thing was said about Powershot. and original Chaos Bolts. What makes mages so special?
    It isn't even hard to get everything to proc at the start of an arena and Deep Freeze the healer and eat his face, almost alone. He did that damage without Mastery buff, and he did it without stats buff. That's dumb. There is no defense for globalling someone, at all.
    So why aren't Mages soloing 2500 rating 3s? You make it sound so easy. Oh wait, nevermind. You don't know what you're talking about...

10+ Year Old Account
    So why aren't Mages soloing 2500 rating 3s? You make it sound so easy. Oh wait, nevermind. You don't know what you're talking about...
    never seem a warrior solo his way to 2500 in any season but yet they keep getting nerfed,right?blizz removed tfb "i agreed with it" because of the very low chance it could do crazy burst.so tell me,why is it ok for mages to have this type of burst and be left untouched?while other classes get nerfed up the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    never seem a warrior solo his way to 2500 in any season but yet they keep getting nerfed,right?blizz removed tfb "i agreed with it" because of the very low chance it could do crazy burst.so tell me,why is it ok for mages to have this type of burst and be left untouched?while other classes get nerfed up the ass.

I thought this was answered back in Wrath????
    I believe ghostcrawler plays a mage. But secretly, I think he has a DK alt as well.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I believe ghostcrawler plays a mage. But secretly, I think he has a DK alt as well.
    He has confirmed he has a DK. Quoting him from WOTLK days:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    I had a blast levelling my DK
    He also has a Priest and a Retardin I think.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.