Thread: PVP is fine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Bloodsail Admiral Sturmbringe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Patras, Achaea, Greece
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I believe ghostcrawler plays a mage. But secretly, I think he has a DK alt as well.
    He has confirmed he has a DK. Quoting him from WOTLK days:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    I had a blast levelling my DK
    He also has a Priest and a Retardin I think.
    NINJA TURTLES as the next playable WoW race/class combo. WoW has got Kung Fu Pandas, Pokemon and recently even Transformers in it, so I don't see how Ninja Turtles would be any less pathetic than current "WoW" is.

  2. #42
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    "And the person will die from this burst, IF they don't use any defensive cooldowns." Oh, so it's something weird when a person needs to pop defensives when a mage gets all procs available and popping all cooldowns. Bad mage bad video.
    Can totally pop a lot of cooldowns while stunned.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 04:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    He has confirmed he has a DK. Quoting him from WOTLK days:



    He also has a Priest and a Retardin I think.
    If he has a Retadin, and by the community's logic of why mages aren't being nerfed... then Ret would actually get places instead of getting small band-aid fixes.

  3. #43
    Bloodsail Admiral Sturmbringe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Patras, Achaea, Greece
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post

    If he has a Retadin, and by the community's logic of why mages aren't being nerfed... then Ret would actually get places instead of getting small band-aid fixes.
    Ghostcrawler was at least partialy responsible for buffing Retardins to God-Mode during WOTLK, i.e. patch 3.x.x. After Rets being OP for an entire expansion and having taken a lot of flak from the community as a result, GC is understandably very cautious when dealing with the spec, especially in view of the fact that their constant buffing of Retardins since 2009 resulted in them being more numerous than Rogues and Warlocks combined.

    After ONE spec of the Paladin class was more popular than TWO CLASSES, even Blizzard saw reason and stopped buffing the bejeesus our of them.
    NINJA TURTLES as the next playable WoW race/class combo. WoW has got Kung Fu Pandas, Pokemon and recently even Transformers in it, so I don't see how Ninja Turtles would be any less pathetic than current "WoW" is.

  4. #44
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Ghostcrawler was at least partialy responsible for buffing Retardins to God-Mode during WOTLK, i.e. patch 3.x.x. After Rets being OP for an entire expansion and having taken a lot of flak from the community as a result, GC is understandably very cautious when dealing with the spec, especially in view of the fact that their constant buffing of Retardins since 2009 resulted in them being more numerous than Rogues and Warlocks combined.

    After ONE spec of the Paladin class was more popular than TWO CLASSES, even Blizzard saw reason and stopped buffing the bejeesus our of them.
    OP for an entire expansion, eh? You realize half of the things that made Ret OP in 3.0 were changed the week after they came out?

    Buffing them, up to the level of other classes... if giving the only melee without a kick a kick is a buff and not balance, I don't know what to tell you.
    That being said, it takes stars aligning for Blink Strikes to do as much damage as people complain about, and Powershot before. How about we nerf the stars aligning, then?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    "is this a serious statement? i dunno if you're aware how much resil affects reductions..and mages NEED it. its not like destro where you walk around with 64% and be ok.. i cant speak to 5.3 right now because it's not out but right now on live.. lets be real . lol."

    everyone will have 65% res in 5.3 baseline-so yes please lets be fuckign real .
    what's your point...? i'm not trying to be funny here.. i actually dont know what you're getting at.

    are you assuming that 65% resil will be enough for mages in 5.3 even thought its not in 5.2 and there isnt there same inflation?

    there will never be a point where you gem 100% int and were 2 pve trinks even with the stats changing and get away with it at decent rating.. and if that happens it will be fixed very quickly.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 10:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Resilience is not as good on PTR as on live.
    the values are halved.. making it less attracted to full gem resil.

    but with socket bonus etc i really have a hard time believing it will be a throw away stat under 67%.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    what's your point...? i'm not trying to be funny here.. i actually dont know what you're getting at.

    are you assuming that 65% resil will be enough for mages in 5.3 even thought its not in 5.2 and there isnt there same inflation?

    there will never be a point where you gem 100% int and were 2 pve trinks even with the stats changing and get away with it at decent rating.. and if that happens it will be fixed very quickly.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 10:02 PM ----------



    the values are halved.. making it less attracted to full gem resil.

    but with socket bonus etc i really have a hard time believing it will be a throw away stat under 67%.
    mages need it right?yeah mages are so under powered in arena atm.no other class is "squishy".

    the point is in 5.3 theres probably no reason to gem res any more,= you gem your main stat because its a bigger dps increase over pvp power.

  7. #47
    Bloodsail Admiral Anium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OG
    Posts
    1,110
    Must not bite NMMANANNANAAMMNOM

  8. #48
    Trinket and vanish that also took a stupid amount of setup. I think that damage is broken but the people saying you can't counter it lol. In arena get dispelled or cc the mage when deep is up. Once again I think that damage is retarded and shouldn't exist but it is stoppable.
    You're right except for 2 things.

    1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    Trinket and vanish that also took a stupid amount of setup. I think that damage is broken but the people saying you can't counter it lol. In arena get dispelled or cc the mage when deep is up. Once again I think that damage is retarded and shouldn't exist but it is stoppable.
    i agree with you-but the bottom line is "just like you said" that damage is BROKEN.at some point "just like warriors tfb" a mage will tag someone and do that damage,killing the other player in 1 sec flat.pop trinket dispel yeah i get all that.at some point like i just said a player will have to use his d-cds and then the mage will destroy him.

    thank god mages dont run with rogues in arena.have the rogue open up and force a trinket,once that is used then what?mage can blast away.but like i said mages never run with rogues.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    i agree with you-but the bottom line is "just like you said" that damage is BROKEN.at some point "just like warriors tfb" a mage will tag someone and do that damage,killing the other player in 1 sec flat.pop trinket dispel yeah i get all that.at some point like i just said a player will have to use his d-cds and then the mage will destroy him.

    thank god mages dont run with rogues in arena.have the rogue open up and force a trinket,once that is used then what?mage can blast away.but like i said mages never run with rogues.
    I understand and if their were a thread on the main forums asking for a nerf I would agree. But in all honestly we have to wait for blizzard to realize it which is probably gonna be half way into next season. Only options is to learn to out play it which is kind of dumb but whatever. Peel for the person who trinketed. Have your partner sit the cc while you peel only two options. Every broken thing is out play able and that is fine in blizzards eyes. Its silly but that is the way they view it.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-05-13 at 07:58 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

    1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    I understand and if their were a thread on the main forums asking for a nerf I would agree. But in all honestly we have to wait for blizzard to realize it which is probably gonna be half way into next season. Only options is to learn to out play it which is kind of dumb but whatever. Peel for the person who trinketed. Have your partner sit the cc while you peel only two options. Every broken thing is out play able and that is fine in blizzards eyes. Its silly but that is the way they view it.
    there is another thread on this very topic "mage nerfs"i guess alot of blues have been posting and closing threads on wow forums asking for mage nerfs.scroll threw the blues post on the front page and you can see them.we both agree that the damage is broken and it is.how mages can go all these xpacs and never have a down arena season points to one thing =bias.every class but mages get nerfed into shit "pvp".

    my first post i was really only talking about the broken damage,then the mage fan boys tried to defend it.no one can say that mages are not on the op'ed side in pvp.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •