Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Not gonna lie.

That sounds boring as hell.
    No, no, just think of wandering around an entire continent like Feralas without anything like Dire Maul in it!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mhmm... Alright, nice to see other's opinion on this :P but as most of you pointed out, they better bring something with the burning legion to step up their game again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Mhmm... Alright, nice to see other's opinion on this :P but as most of you pointed out, they better bring something with the burning legion to step up their game again.
    They said is going to be 'bad ass' from now on.
    I don't think blizzard is going to disappoint us, but well we will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Unexpected doesnt necesary mean bad. MoP was bad due to the Panda race which everyone (except a few newfag furries) disliked. The asian theme wasnt appreciated either. Other than that MoP was done well, with a new continent several new factions, load of achievements.

Personally i hope its not something unexpected, and that it will be announed soon.

I love the idea of Nerubian Kingdom/Nerubian Empire aswell as The Emerald Dream, hoping for one of those.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 04:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Blizzard needs to regain subs now, hopefully they will bring out the big guns.

I would be happy just with these

Level Cap to 100
    Burning Legion expansion (pretty please)
    10/12 new zones, with plenty of choices for different leveling routes (2 89-92 zones, etc)
    Huge World (make it Outland x4)

i wouldn't mind this at all. Why i often argue against the idea of the Burning Legion expansion is because people who want it, also wants Outland rewamped and i totally oppose to that.

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Unexpected doesnt necesary mean bad. MoP was bad due to the Panda race which everyone (except a few newfag furries) disliked. The asian theme wasnt appreciated either. Other than that MoP was done well, with a new continent several new factions, load of achievements.
    Everyone does not equal a very small vocal minority.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    No, no, just think of wandering around an entire continent like Feralas without anything like Dire Maul in it!
    Pshaw. The Dream contains every climate imaginable - forests, mountains, deserts, seas, etc. And they're all whacked out and magical, like Outlands but more so.

It'd be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think blizzard is going to do BIG things now.
    While i do think that it might be to late for the next expansion because they start working on that one even before MoP was out.
    So it's hard to believe that next one will be pumped out, but who knows right?

What i would love to see from blizzard to just show how hard they are pumping content:

Next lvl cap: 100.
    New Class.
    New Race.
    4 Specs each class.
    New Continent.
    Burning legion + Sargeras + Kil'Jaeden.
    Older lore characters returning.
    New Profession.

But ofcourse this is fantasy and blizzard will never do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I'm not currently subscribed to wow. If they do another Burning Legion expansion I will be subscribed for the first time since Firelands. If they do anything else I can't see myself having much interest in it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know ... when the expansion talk started up again after WotLK everyone said Blizz would never redo the old world to make flying possible, etc. It was all just too much work and things have moved on. Bam - we got Cata. When the expansion talk started up again after Cata's release some people were yelling for the Emerald Dream, others were yelling for Pandaria. Everyone said Emerald Dream would be too difficult (and things have moved on) and Pandaria would never happen because, among other things, it was illegal to depict violence against pandas and since China is such a big part of the subscriber base (well, it's less now than it was apparently, but I digress...) it wouldn't happen. Bam - we got Mists of Pandaria. Long story short? Never say never. At this point I think I'm seeing a strong majority of people thinking the next expansion will be something with the Burning Legion. If that happens I have to honestly say I'll be just a bit disappointed in Blizz for not surprising everyone.

Bump the lvl cap to 100 and end the game. Then start working on Wow2.
    This game is stale and they can't keep updating older places with a fresh coat of paint. Time to move on to new tech and new time period and have the current game ancient history in the new one. 1000 years into the future or something with technology battling magic. My 2 cents.

Deleted
    I think that most people are expecting Sargeras and they're probably going to be disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Stannis said, people are most likely expecting Sargeras. But they're probably gonna be dissapointed, cause it's most likely not him.
    #Vol'Jin 2013

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Lately after reading all the expansion speculations users have been posting got me thinking, what if the next expansion was something unexpected or the majority of the player base didn't expect (burning legion,emerald dream,south seas etc...)? Take MoP as an example, no one thought we'd see pandas so what if blizz continues on another minor story that no one expected before on the next expansion? Would you be surprised? Or rather disappointed? For me I'd actually be kind of disappointed because I really wanted emerald dream for so long, so what about your opinion?
    After introducing Kung-Fu Panda and Pokemon in the game, I think they will do something anime/manga as well. The game in its current incarnation has got very little to do with Warcraft and a lot to do with Asian manga and anime.

I propose WoW: Bubble-Bobble Dragons

It's a win-win situation. We have all seen in game the small black, green and blue baby dragons. Think of the potential. I can picture now millions of kids screaming in anticipation to roll and PvP with a baby dragon. Think of the coolness and think of how many 13 year olds this will bring into the game.

What an investment for Blizzard.

I can picture now all the Kung-Fu Panda fanbois in this forum changing their Panda avatar and sigs to baby Bubble Bobble Dragonflight dragons faster than you can say "DT".
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Not connected to the story? MoP is actually providing more story within the two factoins at level cap than any other expansion has. Cata is the only one that may come close, but all of its story developments within the factions happened in low level quests, or within the Twilight Highlands, while MoP is advancing the factions stories with every major content patch. And while MoP does have its silly elements, the only place it gets really silly is Valley of the Four Winds and Stormstout Brewery. Outside of those areas, there are actually serious storylines to be found.
    Have you ever played any of the previous expansions when they were current?

MOP is as disjointed with the rest of WoW as it gets. MOP story is... just bad and severely lacking. You admit it has silly elements, I will take it a step further and say it has very little story to offer except silliness.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    After introducing Kung-Fu Panda and Pokemon in the game, I think they will do something anime/manga as well. The game in its current incarnation has got very little to do with Warcraft and a lot to do with Asian manga and anime.

I propose WoW: Bubble-Bobble Dragons

It's a win-win situation. We have all seen in game the small black, green and blue baby dragons. Think of the potential. I can picture now millions of kids screaming in anticipation to roll and PvP with a baby dragon. Think of the coolness and think of how many 13 year olds this will bring into the game.

What an investment for Blizzard.

I can picture now all the Kung-Fu Panda fanbois in this forum changing their Panda avatar and sigs to baby Bubble Bobble Dragonflight dragons faster than you can say "DT".
    I'm afraid a lot of people would love those and would come to these forums and defend bubblegum dragons as being part of Warcraft lore, because some Blizz employee was drawing bubblegum dragons in his free-time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Have you ever played any of the previous expansions when they were current?

MOP is as disjointed with the rest of WoW as it gets. MOP story is... just bad and severely lacking. You admit it has silly elements, I will take it a step further and say it has very little story to offer except silliness.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 01:07 PM ----------

I'm afraid a lot of people would love those and would come to these forums and defend bubblegum dragons as being part of Warcraft lore, because some Blizz employee was drawing bubblegum dragons in his free-time.
    this is simply and utterly false. you're probably the typical wrath baby thinking that warcraft lore starts and ends with the lich "big baddie" king, without the slightest clue on real lore. but keep thinking that warcraft was always about zombies and a sauron ripoff.

Deleted
    MoP was expected if you knew anything about lore. And the next one will be something to do with the Burning Legion and I don't think we'll fight Sargeras, maybe hear from him, but not fight him for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Well, Dark, Blue and Green whelplings (baby dragons) have been into the game since Vanilla. 100% part of the Lore.

Not hard to see them transformed into a new player race and getting a whole expansion centered on them. Hell, there was an entire expansion centered on Kung Fu Pandas. If they can add Kung Fu Pandas and Pokemon to WoW, anything can happen.

Why not Bubble Bobble Dragons. Think of how much the 13 year olds will love them.

Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

I predict the next expansion is probably the final one - not because I'm some Doomsayer spouting more bullshit about the game bleeding subs or what-have-you; I just think they're going to move to a different content model by the time Titan comes out (which is completely feasibly going to be around three years from now - that would give our next expansion a two year life-span, like all of the others before it)

So with that in mind, my thought is definitely that they're going to pull out all of the stops and give a ton of stuff with this expansion, including a showdown with Sargeras in one form or another - we haven't ever even see what he looks like in true form in WoW - so that's motivation enough.

I just hope they add really strong systems changes and I pray for alternate advancement.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    I predict the next expansion is probably the final one - not because I'm some Doomsayer spouting more bullshit about the game bleeding subs or what-have-you; I just think they're going to move to a different content model by the time Titan comes out (which is completely feasibly going to be around three years from now - that would give our next expansion a two year life-span, like all of the others before it)

So with that in mind, my thought is definitely that they're going to pull out all of the stops and give a ton of stuff with this expansion, including a showdown with Sargeras in one form or another - we haven't ever even see what he looks like in true form in WoW - so that's motivation enough.

I just hope they add really strong systems changes and I pray for alternate advancement.
    Really hoping for two more. Azshara, Nzoth, Sargeras. After no Warcraft lore throughout MOP, I would be surprised if they kill off all the good old villains in a single expansion.

Titan is not guaranteed to succeed and may not make it to live for another 4-5 years.

Everyone thinks legion at this point and I thought that was the case too. Then an interview with blizzard about the future made me think a legion based expansion is further down the road. And after seeing the Warcraft 3 storyline again, it got me thinking even more. There is one major loose end on Azeroth and that is Azshara. Now, in the story, she summoned Sargaras to Azeroth. Also, the tomb of Sargaras is a location we have not been to yet but would be a location we'd perhaps visit. A speculation I was toying with is that perhaps Wrathion provides Azshara with titan stuff from the Throne of Thunder that proves critical to summoning Sargaras. Or perhaps that artifact is used in the tomb of Sargaras to revive his avatar. So, it could be that an Azshara expansion involves the legion invading Azeroth and also tying the loose ends of the story, like N'Zoth (who could be in the Emerald Dream raid/daily hub) and flesh out those islands we've never been to like Kul Tiras and/or possibly have Azshara raise land masses from the sea. In the meantime, we also have legion roaming the planet, diversifying the story. Then after the Azshara story line, we hit the next expansion where we counter attack the legion on Argus. After this point, if WoW is still going by 2018, we might have an expansion about the Pantheon. But then the new MMO will be out and WoW will probably be near it's end.