Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Really hoping for two more. Azshara, Nzoth, Sargeras. After no Warcraft lore throughout MOP, I would be surprised if they kill off all the good old villains in a single expansion.

Titan is not guaranteed to succeed and may not make it to live for another 4-5 years.
    I'm not saying (as I said...) that they won't do content like Azshara.

I said they probably won't do another full-blown, boxed, retail expansion after the next one. Sheesh.

Titan is not going to take another 4-5 years and you know it. They've been working on it for a long time now and saying it's not guaranteed to succeed, while technically not a statement I can prove wrong, is also something that is highly unlikely. Blizzard are not fools - they have YET to release a piece of software that didn't destroy the market - Titan will be no different if it's truly the game to take the mantle of Flagship MMO from WoW.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

15+ Year Old Account
    We need to continue the story of the Burning Legion.

I've been thinking: What if the Burning Legion returns in full strenght slowly conquering zones? With the release, the Burning Legion starts in Outland. They arrive and quickly take over most of Outland. We'll be leveling in those few places, trying to fight off the Burning Legion. Raids will be in Outland for now.

In the first content patch, the Burning Legion drives us from Outland and starts their siege of Azeroth, starting with Pandaria. The Pandaran are forced to abandon their world and live with Alliance and Horde forces. The Pandaran will play a very important role in uniting the Alliance and Horde. Together, they will try to defend Pandaria. New questlines, dailies, dungeons and raids will take place on Pandaria.

In the second content patch, the Burning Legion has conquered Pandaria and fought of all attacks by a united Alliance, Horde and Pandaren. They begin their siege of Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. This patch will feature progress of the Burning Legion every month. Raids will generally be easier, and smaller, but there will be more of them throughout this patch. First we'll be busy trying to fight of the Burning Legion at a few key locations, but as the patch continues, the Burning Legion will conquer more and more of Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Each month, they will have conquered a little more and a few new small raids will be introduced. This goes on until they've fully conquered Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

The third content patch will take place on Northrend. The Burning Legion is invading it and we have to defend it. It's our last stand. We have nowhere to go. Once again, we're losing ground. Over the course of several months, we'll be pushed back to Icecrown. Icecrown has become a beautiful place now that the corruption of Arthas' Lich King has faded away. However, the Burning Legion threatens to destroy it as they prepare for their final attack on the Alliance, Horde and Pandaren, who have taken refuge in Icecrown Citadel, the last remaining safe place next to Dalaran. The Burning Legion has the upphand, we're losing ground. The final cutscene of this content patch will feature the Legion trying to give us a giant blow to our already fading moral and attack Icecrown Citadel by air. This will be their greatest mistake. The cinematic ends with a voice saying something epic, before the screen goes black.

In the fourth and final content patch we'll find out that the Legion has awakened Bolvar's Lich King. The patch could be called: The Lich King's Redemption. The cinematic for this patch will feature Bolvar's Lich King fighting of the attackers, completely unaware to what has been going on. Soon after he finds out his creation (the new Icecrown) is being destroyed by the Burning Legion as they are trying to eradicate all Alliance and Horde races and the Pandaren. Furiously he invokes his powers and raises millions of minions all over Northrend. He orders them to take back Northrend and fight off the Burning Legion. The patch will begin where we've taken back Northrend, with the help of Bolvar's Lich King and are starting to prepare for taking back the rest of Azeroth and Outland. Once again every month will feature new raids as we push the Burning Legion back. Finally, we will have taken back all of Azeroth and Outland.

The nex expansion will feature a new zone, the zone where the Burning Legion originates. The entire expansion will be about destroying the Legion once and for all. As the previous expansion will have been to 95, this expansion will be to 100 and will be the final expansion for World of Warcraft. The end boss will be Sargeras, as he created the Burning Legion. Every loose end will be tied up.

Some of this might be cheesy, but I don't really care. This would be awesome. It will bring back the epicness that Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria are lacking.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-05-14 at 02:01 PM.
    Statix will suffice.

I'd think 6.0 would end with Azshara and/or the old god involved in all the naga related activities. 6.1 - dealing with the fallout including the burning legion of whatever Azshara was up to.

She's basically sat on the remains of the original sunwell down there - you know, the portal the legion were going to invade through...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Azshara is in league with the Old Gods now, not with the Legion btw. The expansion will be probably Legion based, but I think that its way too early to face Sargeras himself, to be fully honest I'm not really convinced that it's a good idea to ever face him directly in WoW.

Deleted
    well if I were blizzard I most definitely would not make the next expansion about the burning legion. people hype it up and want the burning legion so the stay tuned until they know whats up. if blizzard "gives in" and makes a burning legion xpac then there will be nothing to look forward to after that. However, if they create an xpac that doesnt have all the burning legion characters that we expect then that will build up even more tension and hype for a longer time giving us hope that the expansion after that will bring the the burning legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    Azshara is in league with the Old Gods now, not with the Legion btw. The expansion will be probably Legion based, but I think that its way too early to face Sargeras himself, to be fully honest I'm not really convinced that it's a good idea to ever face him directly in WoW.
    Sargeras is just toy of Old Gods, they corrupted him so in the end he'd help release them. I don't see why we wouldn't see him in next expansion, considering the fact that he is not the strongest villain in WoW lore. Imprisoned Old Gods are.

And as I wrote, it would be great to have them all in next one, big final expansion with lots of new endgame options, including AAs to keep game going, without any further expansions (maybe some small content patches here and there). WoW is exhausting itself with neverending gear treadmill, so some people are looking towards MMOs with other concepts (including ones, not yet announced by Blizzard), and others would stay in WoW taking their time to enjoy all sides of gameplay without pressure of constant resets and wasted efforts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I could be wrong, but it seems to me at least, that burning legion is a popular theme amongst players at the moment, I know I for one want to see Sargeras finally, it's been a long time coming, I've got a feeling they'll stick with what we know, but who knows, maybe they will pull something else crazy out the bag, I'm not really a fan of the MoP theme but I respect the balls Blizzard must have had to go ahead with it, it's well done IMO, either way, I'm just excited to see what they've been working on.
    Pretty much exactly how I feel. Especially about MoP - it's been a great expansion so far - the art assets, the animation, the wealth of different options - but the theme doesn't inspire me. My only issues with it are subjective things like the theme of the storyline. If they can continue to improve the systems they have and add to to it a compelling narrative and moody, oppressive atmosphere again, I'll be as happy as a pig in shit. I can't help but feel its s bit hipsterish to say you are "tired" of the big bad formula. For me that is the root of a compelling narrative and that is what I hope for in a new expansion and will be happy however they try to implement that.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    After the let down that Dragon Soul was, and the Pandaria (even though the continent, and the content is good, but the story is not as exciting) they really need to come out guns blazing. Demons, Argus, KJ, Illidan back on the path of Redeption, Turalyon & Alleria, playable Demon Hunters.

That should bring back up subs and make (mostly) everyone happy.

OH and if they really wanna make even more people happy, give Alliance playable High Elfs (so we can stop having another thread on this every other god damn week) and Horde - Ogres, or something cool, like Naztherim or Naga.
    To be fair, I haven't seen many Playable HE threads lately. They have mostly been something related to one of the following:
    1) Discussion of various aspects of the 1.3M subs loss, usually filled with people crowing about it because they've wanted anything to validate their negative opinion for so long.
    2) Crying over LFR by the midcores that aren't as good as they like to pretend they are.
    3) Crying that ToT is too hard (don't be surprised if you find many of this group over in #2 )
    3) Rampant speculation over 5.3/5.4/6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I could be wrong, but it seems to me at least, that burning legion is a popular theme amongst players at the moment, I know I for one want to see Sargeras finally, it's been a long time coming, I've got a feeling they'll stick with what we know, but who knows, maybe they will pull something else crazy out the bag, I'm not really a fan of the MoP theme but I respect the balls Blizzard must have had to go ahead with it, it's well done IMO, either way, I'm just excited to see what they've been working on.
    I forget which interview it was, but Metzen said that Sargeras was probably more of a "final boss" of Warcraft and would be used more towards the end of its cycle... we're years away from that.

If anything, they would focus on Kil'Jaeden first as a final boss of a Burning Legion expansion. Only two others could subsequently follow from that, exploring Xoroth, and THEN the return of Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    Firing that freak of nature Ghostcrawler, and removing CRZ are two other good ideas.
    Disagree. I like GC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Sargeras is just toy of Old Gods, they corrupted him so in the end he'd help release them. I don't see why we wouldn't see him in next expansion, considering the fact that he is not the strongest villain in WoW lore. Imprisoned Old Gods are.
    Oh dear, someone needs to go and re-read the lore.

Sargeras was corrupted by Nathrezim (dreadlords) and other demons of the twisting nether, not the old gods of Azeroth.

The legion has always been the number one villain in Warcraft, they caused the sundering, the old horde, the scourge nearly all of it, the Old gods are a pathetic sideshow by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Oh dear, someone needs to go and re-read the lore.

Sargeras was corrupted by Nathrezim (dreadlords) and other demons of the twisting nether, not the old gods of Azeroth.

The legion has always been the number one villain in Warcraft, they caused the sundering, the old horde, the scourge nearly all of it, the Old gods are a pathetic sideshow by comparison.
    From http://www.wowpedia.org/Old_gods:
    "The Old Gods are a group of eldritch abominations who ruled the planet of Azeroth in the dark days before the Titans arrived to shape it. Huge, maddening, and evidently powerful enough to kill a Titan, they were eventually imprisoned deep below the earth or killed by the Pantheon,[1] though their influence still calls mortals and corrupts immortals to this day."

"Unknown by the other Aspects Neltharion had found himself intrigued by the whispers of the Old Gods pinned within the very earth he was assigned to watch over for an untold time . These entities knew full well who Sargeras was and what his appearance signified for Azeroth. Having worked over the course of thousands of years to suborn Neltharion, they now sought to make use of their newest and most powerful weapon. The Old Ones wanted to divert the power of Sargaras' portal to themselves and crack Azeroth open and after eons of imprisonment, they would be free. However, Illidan Stormrage gained the Dragon Soul and used it to close the portal, unwittingly preventing the release of the Old Gods and thereby averting a cosmic catastrophe that would have even paled the Legion's arrival or the Sundering.

10,000 years later the Old Gods invaded Nozdormu's realm and managed to open a rift in time, that, as they had planned, tossed some beings back through time, beings that would change the way the war of the ancients took place, and give Sargeras a new chance to enter the world, and therefore give them a new chance to set themselves free."

Sargeras role as Dark Titan was preplanned by Gods, and through Nathrezim they corrupted him. Nathrezim were just as instrument. As well as Azshara as Naga Queen. Old Goods need powerful tools to get themselves free.

And that quote from wowpedia clearly shows that Sargeras is far from most powerful entities in WoW, so no - he won't be WoW's final boss.

Deleted

Sargeras was a mighty giant of molten bronze who led the armies of the titans, the Champion of the Pantheon's cause. He originally possessed the title "The Defender" and was the "noblest of all". Like the rest of his kind, he was altruistic and just, unable to conceive of pure evil. During his never ending war against the evil in the universe, Sargeras became increasingly depressed by the chaos he saw wrought by all kinds of evil. While his confusion and misery deepened, Sargeras was forced to contend with several groups intent on disrupting the titans' order: the nathrezim, Mo'arg, and Infernals. These demonic creatures conquered a number of populated worlds by possessing their inhabitants and turning them to the shadow. The nefarious, scheming demons turned whole nations against one another by manipulating them into unthinking hatred and mistrust. Sargeras defeated them easily, but their corruption affected him deeply.

Shaken by the evil of demons, Sargeras began to despair of his task and gradually slipped into a brooding depression. As doubt and despair overwhelmed Sargeras's senses, he lost all faith not only in his mission, but also in the titans' vision of an ordered universe. Eventually, he came to believe that the concept of order itself was folly, and that chaos and depravity were the only absolutes within the dark, lonely universe. His fellow titans tried to make Sargeras realize his erroneous way of thinking and calm his raging emotions, but he disregarded their more optimistic beliefs as self-serving delusions. Storming from their ranks forever, Sargeras set out to find his own place in the universe. Although the Pantheon was sorrowful at his departure, the titans could never have predicted just how far their lost brother would go.

By the time Sargeras' madness had consumed the last vestiges of his valiant spirit, he believed that the titans themselves were responsible for creation's failure. Deciding at last to undo their works throughout the universe, he resolved to form an unstoppable army that would set the physical universe aflame. Convinced that the titans’ ordering of the universe was unnatural and ultimately responsible for the corrupted nature of the demons, Sargeras decided to undo the work of the titans throughout the universe. The only way that he could correct their mistakes was to destroy all of the worlds that the titans had shaped and brought order to so long ago. Sargeras roamed the Twisting Nether, freeing the many demon races that he had previously hunted down and imprisoned. He became known as the "great, dark god of the Nameless Void". These cunning creatures bowed before the dark titan's vast rage and offered to serve him in whatever malicious ways they could. However, among the various beings who served him, none of them had the natural cunning and power to act as commanders and tacticians for his new army, so Sargeras looked about for a race who would serve as his favored agents in exchange for horrific power.

Based on what you posted the old gods were simply opportunists who used Sargeras' opening of the well as a portal as an opportunity to escape. There is nothing in there about them directly corrupting him since he was already corrupt before the war of the ancients by the Nathreziem and other demons.

That doesn't mean the old gods are more powerful either, the Titans defeated the old gods HARD and imprisoned them and Sargeras was their champion the most powerful defender of their order.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-05-14 at 04:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm now intrigued by Bubble Bobble Dragons.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Sargeras role as Dark Titan was preplanned by Gods, and through Nathrezim they corrupted him. Nathrezim were just as instrument..
    It is not evident that the Nathrezim were acting as agents of the Old Gods to corrupt Sargeras. Their actions during the War of the Ancients were simply them taking advantage of Sargeras plans for their own ends.

As it stands now, Sargeras' 'corruption' isn't even depicted as some kind of outside influence that is actively brought about by other beings - Sargeras' fall was a result of his own inability to comprehend and deal with the evil in the universe. A mental breakdown of his own faculties, rather than the action of a second party.

While I have a theory that Sargeras' desire for annihilation of all things is somewhat tied to his hatred for the Old Gods and the corruptive chaos they embody, there's no direct link between them and him.