Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    You know why you got infracted for trolling? Because you just made claims without substantiating them. If you're gonna have an argument, back up what you say with an explanation don't just go "Garbage, garbage aaaaaaaand garbage".
    Shouldn't need to justify my views.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Shouldn't need to justify my views.
    WHAT!? Yes you should if you are giving feedback on something or are involved in a discussion then you should justify your views, it's moronic to think otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to take this time to point out that Salandrin has not posted more than the OP in this thread, and you guys are sitting here bickering. You DO realize this is what Salandrin does, right? Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

You know why you got infracted for trolling? Because you just made claims without substantiating them. If you're gonna have an argument, back up what you say with an explanation don't just go "Garbage, garbage aaaaaaaand garbage".
    I agree that he hasn't made any legitimate argument there but that's certainly not trolling. Trolling is the use of intentional logical fallacies to incite anger and frustration in others.

Deleted
    Dear steveyboy,

You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion.

Reason: Trolling
    -------
    Don't troll. If you can't contribute don't post.
    -------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/showthread.php?p=14273413
    Game is terrible.

Combat system is terrible.

quests are terrible.

The controls are terrible on pc.

Just a really bad game.
    All the best,
    MMO-Champion

(Scrapbot is an automated bot and send this message on behalf of the moderator team. Please do not reply to this message, it will not be seen.)
    If you say something is garbage without backing your claim up it will be hard to take you serious and you'll get banned for trolling because people think even shit like that is trolling. Just try to post more constructive, that should help a ton.

I've dissagreed with people and some mods, but the only thing I ever got an infraction for was failing to read the guidelines for signatures. It's all about how you express your opinion.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-05-11 at 06:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    I agree that he hasn't made any legitimate argument there but that's certainly not trolling. Trolling is the use of intentional logical fallacies to incite anger and frustration in others.
    Definition of trolling is constantly changing. I'm not sure if it is a logical fallacy but he is making unsubstantiated claims which can be potentially misleading, with replies in that manner is does seem like he is giving off a vibe of "don't play it, bad" without reinforcing why it is bad.

It is more the appearance of a troll, than actually trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    Try telling the mods that.

I asked them to define what trolling was in order not to break there rules again. I didn't get a response.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'd like to take this time to point out that Salandrin has not posted more than the OP in this thread, and you guys are sitting here bickering. You DO realize this is what Salandrin does, right? Right?
    Well duh, look at his post/started thread ratio, but there is still a discussion to be had to be fair, that's enough to keep a thread relevant.

Definition of trolling is constantly changing. I'm not sure if it is a logical fallacy but he is making unsubstantiated claims which can be potentially misleading, with replies in that manner is does seem like he is giving off a vibe of "don't play it, bad" without reinforcing why it is bad.

It is more the appearance of a troll, than actually trolling.
    People assuming that a troll is just an abrasive person, with contrarian views, on the internet isn't indicative of the definition of the word changing, it's indicative of people being wrong. The way to correct this is to help them understand what a troll actually is.

In this case, the moderator doesn't seem to understand what a troll is. He shouldn't have been banned for trolling. He might be rude, he might be wrong, he might even be an idiot, but he wasn't trolling. There's maybe a case to be made for a flaming ban, though personally seeing as he seems to genuinely believe in his statements and just doesn't feel he needs to back them up, I wouldn't have banned him at all. Definitely not a troll though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many people that post in general stopped playing wow a while ago. Many likely stop coming here after a while.
    I like sandwiches

People grow up and move on. Sometime at some point you will realize what really matters in life and couldn't care less what the e-thug populace thinks about their e-peens anymore. MMO C has mainly been focused on wow sure but when there is a new king of the hill ( and there will be ) the focus will shift to that... and to rekindle that point a site that is focused mainly on one game that has been in a population decline would seem fit that the fansite would also see a population decline. I enjoy reading peoples opinions on things picking the trolls from the people that are passionate about gaming. Overall my biggest querp is the double sided standards of the Mods/Forum rules but hey if you cant live with a 24hr-4day ban and still function IRL then you need addiction counseling.

I think the more OG generation of gamers the ones who basically built the industry ( with their passion and wallets ) has more so phased out. And the new wave of people what i like to call CoD fans....(sorry but its tru for 90% of you... yes internet %'s lol ) are the main problem with the communities on fansites and inside the game environments.

I mean if you are playing an mmo or trying to get involved on a forum if the people you are dealing with are trash to say the least then it just ruins the whole experience. If I had to map it out I would say the community is probably 1/2 the reason I quit wow... and 3/4 the reason why I cannot find and stick with another MMORPG at the moment.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Well duh, look at his post/started thread ratio, but there is still a discussion to be had to be fair, that's enough to keep a thread relevant.
    It's possible that there is potential for a discussion here along the lines of forum activity, but that's not what the OP wanted for this thread and it is not what it is being used for either (moderator/infraction debate), so I'm closing this specific thread.

Locked.

I tried that, just got told that they will stand behind the mods no matter what. Thats what sunshine said anyway.
    This is just flat-out false, by the way. Moderators have been kicked from the team in the past for bad behavior or overly harsh infractions or playing favorites, and it will undoubtedly happen again in the future too. The moderator selection process is pretty in-depth but not flawless.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-05-11 at 06:58 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines