Poll: Who would you vote for?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Which plan do you guys want? Under Warren, college costs $75,000 but your payments are low. Under those republican governors, your entire program costs $10,000. I think the overwhelming majority would support the republicans vision here.

The republicans are fighting for YOU.
    Again, bullshit. When the program costs 10,000 per student it costs the college revenue with which to educate its students, especially in light of those governors who have been cutting state subsidies towards public universities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Social and Fiscal policy for one.
    yea, I think I feel the same way towards...whatever you want to call yourself. squarzies?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/...un_Control.htm

Warren and Kucinich seem like honest and respectable people, but civil liberties are a make-or-break issue for me.
    of course, weather she thinks you should have a gun or not is infringing on your civil liberties....why did I except anything else.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Nothing in there violates the 2nd amendment.
    -snip- Sorry, that was unnecessarily mean. Please see below, where I'll actually respond to your question.
    Last edited by Nakura Chambers; 2013-05-12 at 05:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    yea, I think I feel the same way towards...whatever you want to call yourself. squarzies?
    I'm too tired to type out my political bent/philosophy (I think it's complicated(, so yes, squarzies!

Quote Originally Posted by Politicus View Post
    Joe Biden
    Wait, Ted Cruz is a no-go, but the one-man circus isn't?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Again, bullshit. When the program costs 10,000 per student it costs the college revenue with which to educate its students, especially in light of those governors who have been cutting state subsidies towards public universities.
    To me, it's pretty indicative of what these governors think of education - it's not about teaching people to them, it's just about getting a piece of paper as cheap as possible. I don't think they comprehend education as something that's intrinsically valuable at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I think 3 republican governors are doing more to help students and their debt crisis than Warren:

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2...tion-platforms

Republican governors Rick Scott (FL), Rick Perry (TX) and Scott Walker (WI)
    Rick Perry helping students? Texas Board of Education? A state that discourages critical thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    To me, it's pretty indicative of what these governors think of education - it's not about teaching people to them, it's just about getting a piece of paper as cheap as possible. I don't think they comprehend education as something that's intrinsically valuable at all.
    I seriously doubt they gave a shit either way. They just stated something that sounds good to people who don't want to or are unable to actually think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Social and Fiscal policy for one.
    I can understand being against fiscal progressivism, but I have a hard time understanding people that are against social progressivism.

Do people just not like letting others of differing lifestyles live the way they want to live? As long as it is not hurting anyone else, why the fear of change?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Honestly what Warren proposed was a step in the right direction especially given the hostile anti-education environment persisting in government at the moment.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    Rick Perry helping students? Texas Board of Education? A state that discourages critical thinking?
    New slogan

Texas: Fighting for You by Refusing Federal Medicaid Money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously doubt they gave a shit either way. They just stated something that sounds good to people who don't want to or are unable to actually think.
    I.e. the ideal GOP voter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm too tired to type out my political bent/philosophy (I think it's complicated(, so yes, squarzies!

Wait, Ted Cruz is a no-go, but the one-man circus isn't?

Biden vs Cruz would be funny. A senile old man vs. McCarthy's bastard child.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

of course, weather she thinks you should have a gun or not is infringing on your civil liberties....why did I except anything else.....
    If she personally disliked guns, but refused to let that affect her political decisions, then it would be acceptable. However, she co-sponsored a bill to ban standard capacity magazines and she supported Feinstein's Federal Assault Weapons Ban. In addition, she said that she supports enacting stricter gun control. She didn't say "I don't like guns, but I respect your fundamental constitutional right to own one," she said "[I support] Further restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    I can understand being against fiscal progressivism, but I have a hard time understanding people that are against social progressivism.

Do people just not like letting others of differing lifestyles live the way they want to live? As long as it is not hurting anyone else, why the fear of change?
    Guess I should have been more specific. Not gay marriage (all for it), drugs (again, fuck up your own life the way you want) and abortion (I think it should be entirely legalized; I think God is the only one who can judge whether or not you should have killed your future child). Try immigration.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post

It's not that hard to understand. They just turn the dial of authoritarianism a bit further. Once you think coercion is moral, it's not hard to justify using it to enforce your own worldview onto others, especially when dealing with social issues. I also prefer the term "social-liberalism" better than "social-progressivism".

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Nothing about Hilary tells me should would make a good president, to be honest.
    Likewise. I can respect people who hold different views than me, but to me Hillary just seems more of the same. She seems like a corrupt, corporatist, statist quo talking head. She just doesn't seem like the real deal, she's just another beltway insider.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    If she personally disliked guns, but refused to let that affect her political decisions, then it would be acceptable. However, she co-sponsored a bill to ban standard capacity magazines and she supported Feinstein's Federal Assault Weapons Ban. In addition, she said that she supports enacting stricter gun control. She didn't say "I don't like guns, but I respect your fundamental constitutional right to own one," she said "[I support] Further restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms."
    fine, we get why you hate her. woopdie do even if I gave as big a shit about gun rights as you do I'd still favor her over any other candidate out there. from both parties.

10+ Year Old Account
    fine, we get why you hate her. woopdie do even if I gave as big a shit about gun rights as you do I'd still favor her over any other candidate out there. from both parties.
    As do I, even if I think she's not strong on defending the second amendment and has stupid positions on guns she's still better than anyone else. The bar isn't very high though.
    '

Nothing in there violates the 2nd amendment.
    The Supreme Court disagrees. She co-sponsored a bill to ban standard capacity magazines and she supported Feinstein's gun ban.