Poll: Who would you vote for?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    You do realize that every single fact-checker has absolutely destroyed Obama's claim that "40% of firearms transactions are done without a background check" right?

Do you also realize that there is no "gun show loophole?" It's a political term made up by the gun control lobby.
    Fact: The so-called "gun show loophole" isn't about gun shows, it's about banning private firearms transactions; i.e. I give my brother a gun for Christmas.
    Fact: Anyone who regularly engages in selling firearms at gun shows is required to have a Federal Firearms License.
    Fact: Around 1% or less of all criminals (who used guns) received their guns at a gun show.
    Fact: Writing the word "Fact" before something doesn't make it a Fact. Especially without a link or a CREDIBLE source attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    that is...completely based on what that country says is free speech.....you do realize that? it's subjective to what THEY define it as, not what the US constitutions dictates, get with the program.
    Then why bother promoting civil liberties, civil rights and human rights in third world countries then? How can we possibly accuse China of violating the civil liberties of their people, if they are merely following their own definition of civil liberties?

Then why bother promoting civil liberties, civil rights and human rights in third world countries then? How can we possibly accuse China of violating the civil liberties of their people, if they are merely following their own definition of civil liberties?
    Some definitions are better than others.

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Seriously though I dunno. If I recall correctly, I quite liked John Kerry's policies.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I like Elizabeth Warren the most and think she has some of the best ideas and a good heart, however I'd go with Hillary. Why?

Because I think she has a better chance to win after the primaries. I think she has a good heart too, but she is also very moderate and gutsy/harder edged and could manhandle congress pretty good I think.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Anyone who engages in "business" needs one. Not everyone selling is legally engaging in business.
    And that has to do with gun shows how? What if I go to my Walmart parking lot and sell my best friend my AR-15. Am I exploiting the Walmart-loophole? Or am I merely engaging in a private firearms transaction? Why does it matter where it takes place? The vast majority of private transactions take place outside of gun shows. Not to mention the fact that it's not a "loophole," the law is clear that private transactions do not require background checks.

we can based on what the UN says is an infringement of human rights. like you actually care what they say or think.

And that has to do with gun shows how? What if I go to my Walmart parking lot and sell my best friend my AR-15. Am I exploiting the Walmart-loophole? Or am I merely engaging in a private firearms transaction? Why does it matter where it takes place? The vast majority of private transactions take place outside of gun shows. Not to mention the fact that it's not a "loophole," the law is clear that private transactions do not require background checks.
    I'm not sure how you managed to not get this point so hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.
    Can I sig this?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Can I sig this?
    Sure.

TIL 10 char limit doesn't include any quotes.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Fact: Writing the word "Fact" before something doesn't make it a Fact. Especially without a link or a CREDIBLE source attached to it.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...f755_blog.html

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 01:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    we can based on what the UN says is an infringement of human rights. like you actually care what they say or think.
    Who decides that the United Nations should dictate what "human rights" are? What about rights not mentioned by the United Nations? What about non-members, such as Abhkazia, Kosovo, Palestine, Somaliland, South Ossetia, Switzerland (pre-2004), Taiwan, Transnistria, Western Sahara, etc.? What about the fact that the very countries that the UN accuses of violating "human rights," are also on the United Nations Human Rights Council?
    Last edited by Nakura Chambers; 2013-05-12 at 06:12 AM.

You do realize that every single fact-checker has absolutely destroyed Obama's claim that "40% of firearms transactions are done without a background check" right?

Do you also realize that there is no "gun show loophole?" It's a political term made up by the gun control lobby.
    Fact: The so-called "gun show loophole" isn't about gun shows, it's about banning private firearms transactions; i.e. I give my brother a gun for Christmas.
    Fact: Anyone who regularly engages in selling firearms at gun shows is required to have a Federal Firearms License.
    Fact: Around 1% or less of all criminals (who used guns) received their guns at a gun show.
    It may be old but it is still relevent. Especially considering I know a lot more people that will go to a gun show over a gun store simply because they don't have to actually do a background check. Especially my friend that has PTSD, since he knows he wouldn't be able to purchase it at a gun store. I have also personally seen vendors at gun shows selling guns FOR a gun store. So how can that strictly be personaly sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    It may be old but it is still relevent. Especially considering I know a lot more people that will go to a gun show over a gun store simply because they don't have to actually do a background check. Especially my friend that has PTSD, since he knows he wouldn't be able to purchase it at a gun store. I have also personally seen vendors at gun shows selling guns FOR a gun store. So how can that strictly be personaly sales?
    Studies show that less than 1% of criminals who were arrested for firearms related offenses purchased their guns at a gun show. Well, if they are engaging in business at a gun show without a FFL, then they're already violating the law. The "problem" (if you could call it that) would be lack of enforcement of current laws.

Studies show that less than 1% of criminals who were arrested for firearms related offenses purchased their guns at a gun show. Well, if they are engaging in business at a gun show without a FFL, then they're already violating the law. The "problem" (if you could call it that) would be lack of enforcement of current laws.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_sho..._United_States

U.S. federal law requires persons engaged in interstate firearm commerce, or those who are "engaged in the business" of dealing firearms, to hold a Federal Firearms License and perform background checks through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System maintained by the FBI prior to transferring a firearm. Under the terms of the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986, however, individuals "not engaged in the business" of dealing firearms, or who only make "occasional" sales within their state of residence, are under no requirement to conduct background checks on purchasers or maintain records of sale (although even private sellers are forbidden under federal law from selling firearms to persons they have reason to believe are felons or otherwise prohibited from purchasing firearms).

That backs up what I posted?

That backs up what I posted?
    Nope. You've repeated over and over this falsehood that there is no gun show loophole.

Which is incorrect.

God help us if ANY Democrat wins any sort of public office in the near future. This would be like that slut Sandra Fluke becoming President. Great for the Blacks, bad for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Nope. You've repeated over and over this falsehood that there is no gun show loophole.

Which is incorrect.
    That's not a loophole, it's the law. And it's not about gun shows, it's about banning all private firearms transactions.

The gun control lobby uses the phrase "closing the gun show loophole," because it sounds less authoritarian than "banning gun owners from selling/giving their guns to their friends and family." Just like how they use the words "assault rifle" and "assault weapon" to describe semi-automatic and bolt-action rifles, when they know full well that such rifles only fire one bullet when the trigger is pulled. It's all just an attempt by the gun grabbers to use scare tactics to deceive the public.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    God help us if ANY Democrat wins any sort of public office in the near future. This would be like that slut Sandra Fluke becoming President. Great for the Blacks, bad for everyone else.
    And anything you say loses all credibility. Have fun, Rush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    Right, because the Republican controlled House is making all sorts of headway as regards solving the nations problems. -sarcasm-

Calling Sandra Fluke a "slut" really does nothing to help the Republicans' image as misogynists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.