Deleted

Issues Unsubbing from threads

Title says it all, having some trouble unsubscribing from threads, i unsub from it, but then it keeps coming back. I have made posts in the thread if it's of any importance.

Just wondering is this a known issue, just a bug that i'll have to deal with, or is there a work-around for the issues/other methods of unsubbing from a thread that i am not aware of (doing it from the settings page as of this moment).

As far as I'm aware, every time you make a new post in a thread, it subs you to it regardless of if you've removed it from your sub list before or not. I've removed quite a few threads from my subs multiple times just because I'd wind up posting in them again. I'm never 100% sure, though, but that just seems to be what I remember happening.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    As far as I'm aware, every time you make a new post in a thread, it subs you to it regardless of if you've removed it from your sub list before or not. I've removed quite a few threads from my subs multiple times just because I'd wind up posting in them again. I'm never 100% sure, though, but that just seems to be what I remember happening.
    Haven't made a post in the thread since unsubbing from it, that's why it confuses me.

Did somebody maybe quote one of your posts and reply to you since unsubbing? I really, really doubt that's it, but it's the only explanation I could think of aside from a site error.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Deleted
    It's not that, just checked still keeps popping up, enticing me, but it's not me being quoted. Guess it's just site error, i'll just have to deal with. TY you've been helpful.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's the specific thread? (PM if you want) Does it disappear immediately and then come back after some time, or does it just never go away?

Also, which browser / OS are you using?

Deleted
    It's the Stance Dooley and Muslims in the UK thread.

It isn't appearing in the settings page where i normally view subbed threads, but in the Gen OT forum it still highlights as if i was subbed to it.

I'm running Windows 7 w/ Google Chrome as the browser.

15+ Year Old Account
    Highlights it how?

Deleted
    The little mail icon that shows there is a new post in this thread. Maybe that could be it, but i thought unsubbing from a thread got rid of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    The little mail icon that shows there is a new post in this thread. Maybe that could be it, but i thought unsubbing from a thread got rid of that.
    If you are referring to how the icon turns red if there is a new post in it, I've noticed the same thing. I think unsubbing only prevents the thread from appearing on your settings page.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you take a screenshot?

(I see you're banned; feel free to post in your appeal thread or after you get back.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think one problem is if threads get merged, and you were subscribed to one that got merged into another thread, you stay subscribed to it forever. I had a post in a Gun Control thread that got merged into the megathread, and I haven't been able to unsubscribe to it.