Poll: Do you buy/bought gold for IRL money

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How many buys/bought gold for IRL money

Just curious too see how popular it is

I dont do it myself, but sometimes i im thinking about it, because everything is so expensive and you cant farm gold effectivly because of inflation in the economy.
    Last edited by Schalde; 2013-05-12 at 01:30 AM.

A couple times in the past, I plunked $10 into the RMAH to splurge a bit on awesome gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

stated wow in 06 from then until about end of wotlk i bought from the same site, i was new when i started but times i need i bought some i don't play wow anymore and the site i used has the list of how much i spent from 06-10 comes to $1201 yep just added it right now to post and well damn....

Quote Originally Posted by tacosarecool View Post
    stated wow in 06 from then until about end of wotlk i bought from the same site, i was new when i started but times i need i bought some i don't play wow anymore and the site i used has the list of how much i spent from 06-10 comes to $1201 yep just added it right now to post and well damn....
    How about you look at what forum this was posted in.

OT: Very little. Spent maybe a few dollars tops.

10+ Year Old Account
    probably $500-750 on D3 gold and gems. I would dump $50-75 each week on gold lol. i had the extra cash so it was fine.

for some people time>money and for others money>time

here is what I've spent so far in D3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sV7Q...ature=youtu.be

give it 10 minutes its processing.
    Last edited by sizzlinsauce; 2013-05-12 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    probably $500-750 on D3 gold and gems. I would dump $50-75 each week on gold lol. i had the extra cash so it was fine.

here is what I've spent so far in D3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sV7Q...ature=youtu.be

give it 10 minutes its processing.
    Jeez, I know there are people out there, but its still scarry when you see one. Why the heck would you wanna spend so much money into a game that has no competition, larger goal or finish? What you buy is useless, or not much good, ½ year later.

What did you do with the gear you bought then, stared at it, then logged out, cause no point playing? I don't get the point inn buying gear. I always feelt much more satisfied when I got it myself, the journey is the game etc.

Also if you lack gold, just play the AH Then you can buy it you're self without spending anything.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    This. Just wish people would understand this abit more. For me i have spent money in the AH that wasnt for me. I did it for a friend for his birthday who also got D3 as a persent and i wanted to get him off to a nice start. I did offer him cash at 1st but he wanted to get a good start on D3. ( He wacths me play )
    Then i offered him 500m in gold and he refused cause it was " Gold i had worked for and he didnt want to leech" So i just put 30$ and got him Gems that he coverted into Gold. I didnt lose gold, He got his good start. We both win.
    " The fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom, Therefore he who has no fear of god has no wisdom "
    People saying we are in the end-times really don't know anything. Such as there's going to be 7 years of world peace before it happens and as long as china and russia are still a thing its safe to say its not going to happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Jeez, I know there are people out there, but its still scarry when you see one. Why the heck would you wanna spend so much money into a game that has no competition, larger goal or finish? What you buy is useless, or not much good, ½ year later.

What did you do with the gear you bought then, stared at it, then logged out, cause no point playing? I don't get the point inn buying gear. I always feelt much more satisfied when I got it myself, the journey is the game etc.

Also if you lack gold, just play the AH Then you can buy it you're self without spending anything.
    yeah i don't see why people have an issue with this. i gave it some thought when i first started playing and realized it really is no different than people going out for a movie, dinner, a game, drinking, etc. it's an entertainment expense. even $750 over 12 mos is just $63/mo. i understand that's a chunk for some, but for others, not really.

seriously, how much would you spend to take a date let alone a family of 4-5 out for a movie, esp paying full evening, 3d, atmos surround prices? a lift ticket? a night at the bar? to a pro athletic event?

what people do with their disposable income is completely up to them.

to answer the question tho, i don't buy gold direct. that's just dumb. buy gems and convert.

The problem with buying gold, is those who do it destroy it for those who dont..... because the prices is skyrocketing. simple as that. and seeing that over 3 out of 10 do it. is disturbing.

Gold is so cheap now - it is not worth trying to farm it. Fun aspect from farming gold went away long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    The problem with buying gold, is those who do it destroy it for those who dont..... because the prices is skyrocketing. simple as that. and seeing that over 3 out of 10 do it. is disturbing.
    Kinda agree, but then again Diablo3 aint a game with a finish line, fuss the hole pay2win aint a problem for me. I'm more wondering why the heck any would buy there way to gear inn RPG's, that are 90% about getting gear. I find myself very bored atm with Diablo3, after I bought gear for some just 200 million trough AH play. I can survive MP10, maybe not kill anything fast, but don't die either if I'm not being stupid. And my MP3 farming is ofcourse much faster. Basicly I feel bored, like the times I would start over with a new character/build inn Diablo2, cause the last one now has all the cool runewords and stuff.

Next upgrades for me now are 30-50 million, and thats only just small upgrades. Witch is very tiring to see really - This last week I tried win a trifecta ring on bid for just a 5-7k DPS upgrade, but no luck even trough checking every day. Everyone seems to run around with millions, despite all the whinning about people being poor O.o So inn that regard, yea if its gold buyers that jack up prices on better items, its annoying sure.

Edit: Basicly gief new content plx. Fix broken loot system
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-05-14 at 02:54 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Gold is so cheap now - it is not worth trying to farm it. Fun aspect from farming gold went away long ago.
    so what's the fun aspect of the game? the entire game is a loot farming game. if you buy gold with real money, you're essentially buying loot you didn't farm. that defeats the entire point of the game. are we having fun yet?

The enjoyment this person gets defines the value. It's basically like paying money for a vacation - you don't get anything tangible, you just get enjoyment.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

I'm more wondering why the heck any would buy there way to gear inn RPG's, that are 90% about getting gear.
    Because good drops are one in a billion?

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Fun aspect from farming gold went away long ago.
    Uh...what? I've never really heard anyone say that farming gold was "fun". Was never really "fun" to me either, and I've been playing since release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Get dem beez - buy unID's - Get lucky roll - instant rich

Ive never bought gold or anything from the rmah, but Ive sold quit a bit. I was a DH when the game released so it was easy to make a lot of gold early by farming out act 3 the first week of release. I can see why new players or returning players feel they need to buy gold though.

Sold gear for € right after rmah started, used same money to buy billions of gold now. Getting top gems <3

Considering how ridiculously cheap it all is, the 'time = money' equation is heavily skewed in favour of money. So yeah, I've put in some cash, and am having a total blast with it as a result. A fine investment on my end, especially considering I didn't pay for the game in the first place (annual pass).

Deleted
    Seeing how many clicked yes, it's no wonder that the economy sucks, the inflation from the people buying gold is huge.

I cash out $300 around launch.
    You can make $2 per hour at that time

Now I come back and bought $5 gold.
    You can make 2 cents per hour now.