Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I don't know. Being forced to help Garrosh on his campaign of "stupid and evil" y.
    didnt realize killing Alliance as stupid and evil
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Actually the Garrosh anouncement is why I stopped reading the patch notes and blue posts about MoP and haven't been on the ptr. I'll still check out like class changes and what not but that's pretty much it. 5.1 was fun because while I knew the general concept of the brawler's guild I didn't know much beyond that where as in previous expansions and stuff I would have known pretty much every detail. Even the new rep in Krasarang and that whole thing was much more interesting going in blind. Same with Isle of Thunder. I had very little knowledge of what all the new island and raid contained.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashkar View Post
    I think the animosity between H and A players on the forums, at the very least, would be much more entertaining, haha. .
    One qualm i Have is that Blizzard is always, even on the 5.3 preview, they always talk about the Horde/Alliance war escalating, increasing, reaching a fever pitch or whatever.
    But for Horde players its less about killing Alliance and more about killing your own
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless I am mistaken and I could be. But didn't they just say that Garrosh would be "dealt" with? Which does not directly imply he will be a boss at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

We knew who the big bad end boss would be the last two expansions too...

If they didn't announce it people would be disappointed, and wildly speculate something stupid - then when it was revealed and didn't live up to wild speculations - bitch
    If they announce it in advance, people bitch they spoiled the surprise

Thus the circle of bitching remains unbroken in any scenario. like the circle of life, but less interesting

I think revealing it was a good thing.

With Deathwing, I couldn't care less. Ooo, big dragon, woop-de-doo. Obviously we'll kill him and save the day.

With MoP though, we were told that we would remove Garrosh from power. Not necessarily that we'd kill him, but remove the mantle of warchief from his shoulders. This hyped up a lot of people, including myself, who reallllly want to see what happens. The speculations are less about "will we kill Garrosh?" which is a two-answer question, yes or no, to "Who will be Warchief now?!" which can have a large number of answers, both reasonable and not reasonable. Some people think Vol'jin, some might actually think Gamon becomes Warchief, who knows. I think the whole Warchief question, and what happens after the siege, is a much better hype point than "will we kill Garrosh?". not knowing that would simply make it so most people wouldn't think about what would happen after if we did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    He isn't the boss its going to be is little lacky solider boy, Malkorok who is going to be 'SOMETHING' (Demon, Twilight Orc, Possessed Orc, Sha?)
    Asshole Orc? That can go in that group.
    Aye mate

OP does have a point, though granted some of the questing and such makes it obvious that Garrosh is the big bad in itself. But if they had gone with the more quiet route in making Garrosh the big baddie, that would have shown a cunning side to him we probably all wouldn't normally associate with the meathead. But since we do know from the start that Garrosh would be the final boss, now we all pretty much assume corruption by 7th Sha or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Ye they need to hide things better, like make people guess what the next patch would be.
    No... then you'd have everyone screaming at them that they aren't doing anything...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    It is when there's no reason for it. And I'm not sure Garrosh giving us reasons for it with his unprovoked conquests is all that valid.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if at the start of The Lord of the Rings, Tolkien wrote on the first page:

"At the final stage of this series, Frodo and Sam destroy the Ring and Sauron is defeated."

That is what Blizzard did with the MoP story and I hate them for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by menion View Post
    i just think the whole storyline of MoP would be alot more epic if it wasnt announced at it was a somewhat of a surprise. I mean, look at all the events leading up to it, the war, the attempted assassination of vol'jin, the fact that Quel thalas and the sunreavers dont want him in charge and put aside their differences with the kirin tor. and obviously the whole alliance faction hates him. i just think it would have been much more epic to wonder how MoP was going to end since theres no main villian. obviously some would have predicted it but wondering how the events would shape the end is much more interesting than wondering which events will occur that shape the end. its like having an ending spoiled before you start a book or movie
    So you're saying you didnt know who the last boss in WotlK and Cata was going to be from the 1st day?

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 02:09 PM ----------

You knew that was going to happen regardless. Unless you're mentally impaired.
    LotR isnt dark fantasy. The good guys were guaranteed to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Imagine if at the start of The Lord of the Rings, Tolkien wrote on the first page:

"At the final stage of this series, Frodo and Sam destroy the Ring and Sauron is defeated."

That is what Blizzard did with the MoP story and I hate them for it.
    Don't forget "Boromir will try to take ring from frodo but at the end die defending him, and gandalf will not die figting balrog, he will be back in next book"

Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    I agree. The big problem was that mists was a bit of a gamble. People at that stage doubted "Pandaland" was capable of a compelling enough story to keep people interested. I think thats why they told us.
    People were right, Pandaland isn't capable of a compelling story. I hate that they have twisted Garrosh, from a hero of the horde, to a shell of his former self. MoP is a spit in the face of WoW lore.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Source? I knew he was A boss. Didn't know he was THE boss at the end.

I was thinking the Sha of Pride.

This is what I'm thinking - I think Blizzard will have something else in mind when we fight Garrosh - someone bigger behind his actions.....

....but, I mean, is anyone really ever just, you know - evil? I hope we can just have someone be evil because he's a sonofab....because most villains are corrupted, or desperate, possessed, etc. Never had an endgame boss just be like 'lulz, I'm mean cause I'm mean'. But yeah, it's Blizz. Probably something else to it.

(Like we find out he's been corrupted by the legion or something...leading into another BL xpac?...maybe the start of the return of Sargaras? I just got myself excited)

As others have said , we know who the end boss is every expansion, the mystery part is how, when and why and what becomes...but only untill the ptr arrives to test it :P
    Im looking forward to getting back to some faction based story/lore gameplay.

Deleted
    Sha of Pride will probably be phase 2 of the Garrosh encounter. Unlikely that they will make it a heroic-only bonus boss because there is already one in this expansion.

They announced it because the infants cried that MoP didn't have a main villain and therefor would be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    For me it isn't what he is doing, mainly it's the way he is doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    I agree. The big problem was that mists was a bit of a gamble. People at that stage doubted "Pandaland" was capable of a compelling enough story to keep people interested. I think thats why they told us.
    At that stage? I still think MoP's story isn't compelling at all.

Where is the promised war between the Horde and Alliance? I've only seen monkeys fighting fish people and the bombing of one city. I wouldn't call it a war, simply a skirmish. MoP is kinda like WotLK in the sense that there is some fighting between the factions. But to call it a war? Yeah... no.