Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I wish it wasnt announced that Garrosh was the final raid boss from the start.

i just think the whole storyline of MoP would be alot more epic if it wasnt announced at it was a somewhat of a surprise. I mean, look at all the events leading up to it, the war, the attempted assassination of vol'jin, the fact that Quel thalas and the sunreavers dont want him in charge and put aside their differences with the kirin tor. and obviously the whole alliance faction hates him. i just think it would have been much more epic to wonder how MoP was going to end since theres no main villian. obviously some would have predicted it but wondering how the events would shape the end is much more interesting than wondering which events will occur that shape the end. its like having an ending spoiled before you start a book or movie

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. The big problem was that mists was a bit of a gamble. People at that stage doubted "Pandaland" was capable of a compelling enough story to keep people interested. I think thats why they told us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye they need to hide things better, like make people guess what the next patch would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Source? I knew he was A boss. Didn't know he was THE boss at the end.

I was thinking the Sha of Pride.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a long time I have the opinion that WoW is missing the WOW factor. Blizzard is leaking way too much information. This kind of kills off the surprise elements of the game as a whole. To change that though, they'd have to resort to an entire new system of testing etc. Since it would also mean that there wouldn't be such massive PTR testing or Beta testing pre expansions to that extent anymore.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree. But there is also the problem of alot of players leaving if they don't know who the main villain is. In all expansions we have know who the last boss will be and the majority of players expect to know before they even pick up the expansion.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Source? I knew he was A boss. Didn't know he was THE boss at the end.

I was thinking the Sha of Pride.
    There is no final end boss for the expansion, this time. That's long been said, before MoP

Garrosh is the final event.. How and whether he's gonna die or not, is the only open question
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    There is no final end boss for the expansion, this time. That's long been said, before MoP

Garrosh is the final event.. How and whether he's gonna die or not, is the only open question
    There is always a final boss, but not a main 'evil' boss where the expansion is focused on, Garrosh just fills that spot.
    Doesn't mean heart of fear wont be a last boss to fill a spot so there is enough content during mop.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I do agree. But there is also the problem of alot of players leaving if they don't know who the main villain is. In all expansions we have know who the last boss will be and the majority of players expect to know before they even pick up the expansion.
    But that's stupid. Why would players want to know that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    They would then announce who the final boss is, but not in what patch he will come, that would be a surprise and that is what would people keep motivated to keep playing, because he MIGHT come this patch!

Deleted
    it had to be said even though its a real shame they should have said "a faction leader is the end raid boss" and had more involvement from several leaders could have done loads of cool stuff with the others even if it was still garrosh

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the suspense when we know everything upfront? So I agree that some information should be a secret.

Yeah, t'was a bad idea to announce that so offhandedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel kind of the same way... it'd be cooler for us to see Garrosh "devolve" into being the evil final baddy, rather than knowing he'd finally reach that point.

I think Blizzard was angry that people were judging MoP so much before that they sort of knee-jerk announced it to shut the haters up. To that effect, it kind of did work, but... still, it would have been nice to have it be a mystery.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    They would then announce who the final boss is, but not in what patch he will come, that would be a surprise and that is what would people keep motivated to keep playing, because he MIGHT come this patch!
    Oh I do agree there. The patch number and name shouldn't have been said. Leaving people wondering is a good idea, just not to much.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    If they hadn't announced who the final bad guy was, you'd all be complaining about how MoP lacked story direction or something, I guarantee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

It wasnt announced at first.

Blizzard was forced to announce it after people complained 'lol how can an expansion have no end boss???????? wtflolz'

You guys are acting like Blizzard told us its garrosh from the start, they didnt. At first they never said anything - until players kicked up a stink.

10+ Year Old Account
    He isn't the boss its going to be is little lacky solider boy, Malkorok who is going to be 'SOMETHING' (Demon, Twilight Orc, Possessed Orc, Sha?)
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. Being forced to help Garrosh on his campaign of "stupid and evil" with no respite on the horizon might have been demoralizing to Horde players who aren't into the whole marauding and pillaging thing.

But eh, I see what you mean. Keeping people guessing is important to any story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think Blizzard was angry that people were judging MoP so much before that they sort of knee-jerk announced it to shut the haters up. To that effect, it kind of did work, but... still, it would have been nice to have it be a mystery.
    Definitely

Their reaction to the community pushback was to emphasize that this expansion will be more about Red vs Blue. IIRC they had no intention on revealing the expansion's plot and progression, and wanted players to experience it. Players expressed a lack of interest and direction throughout the expansion if there was no "big bad." I imagine people screaming KUNGFUPANDASLOL EXPANSION FOR KIDDIES also factored into that decision.

It definitely would be much more interesting if we didn't know. I think the animosity between H and A players on the forums would be much more entertaining, haha. Would have lead to a more genuine degree of dissension amongst horde players, and made the siege much more impactful.

Also, exact phrasing for the announcement was "The final patch of Mists of Pandaria will be the Siege of Orgrimmar! Both factions lay siege to the city to bring Garrosh down and end his reign as Warchief."

Lots of room for ambiguity, typical for Blizzard. Enough to wildly speculate and tear apart every little detail.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2013-05-12 at 12:35 AM.