Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Azeroth's Moon: Is it more than just a moon?

Just another crazy tinfoil hat question; If Azeroth has a moon do you think there are any Titan Artifact/Ancient Deity/Life-forms on it.

If so do you think we will ever visit it one day?

Druids draw their power from it. Is there actually a force giving that power back?

If Blizzard decided to go somewhere with this would you be ok with it Lore-wise or would it be to silly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth has 2 moons.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

They are made out of cheese.

Also if I can see Azeroth from Outland, how come I can't see Outland from Azeroth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post

Also if I can see Azeroth from Outland, how come I can't see Outland from Azeroth?
    Atmosphere. :P
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    coz azeroth has a sky in the way? where as draenor is pretty much open to the twisting nether
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

I'd be more interested in going there than some other continent out of nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also if I can see Azeroth from Outland
    Draenor and Azeroth are not remotely close to eachother. They may even not be on the same plane of existence. Where did you read/see Azeroth from Draenor?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Obligatory "That's no moon. It's a space station."

According to Azerothian mythology/religion, Elune is associated with the larger of Azeroth's two moons.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Draenor and Azeroth are not remotely close to eachother. They may even not be on the same plane of existence. Where did you read/see Azeroth from Draenor?
    I think it can be seen in the sky from Black Temple. I'm unsure if that holds true for any other place in Outland/Outland as a whole.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2013-05-12 at 01:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Because Outland is in the twisting nether now.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Azeorht is very clearly visible inside the Black Temple's summit, when fighting Illidan. Just look up.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Dragon_Aspects#Selection
    According to legend, when the Aspects were first created, the moons had been in a rare conjunction known as the Embrace. A repeat of this same alignment was is crucial to the proper working of the magic necessary to facilitate the alteration of a normal dragon into an Aspect.
    There is something magical about the moons, could be titan origin.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from being able to see Azeroth in the sky above Black Temple, the WoW: TBC Official Strategy Guide describes Azeroth as the closest habitable planet to Draenor.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-05-12 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Dragon_Aspects#Selection

There is something magical about the moons, could be titan origin.
    That's what I was thinking. More than anywhere else it would be the ideal place to observe from afar.

It's obviously a base for the burning legion >:] BWAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Azeorht is very clearly visible inside the Black Temple's summit, when fighting Illidan. Just look up.
    That explains why so many people always stood in fire...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Aside from being able to see Azeroth in the sky above Black Temple, the WoW: TBC Official Strategy Guide describes Azeroth as the closest habitable planet to Draenor.
    I don't believe that's canon, considering that the devs have stated that not only is Draenor from a different dimension (i.e. it's not floating in 'our' outer space), but neither is the twisting nether. The twisting nether is not 'space'.

You can probably see Azeroth from Black Temple due to either a portal at the summit, or a scrying point at that location in the nether.

Azeroth and Draenor do not exist in the same universe, for all physical intents and purposes.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    its elune obviously

no, kidding aside, it would be interesting to learn that there may yet be some other doomsday device on it with a possible old god

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe that's canon, considering that the devs have stated that not only is Draenor from a different dimension (i.e. it's not floating in 'our' outer space), but neither is the twisting nether. The twisting nether is not 'space'.

You can probably see Azeroth from Black Temple due to either a portal at the summit, or a scrying point at that location in the nether.

Azeroth and Draenor do not exist in the same universe, for all physical intents and purposes.
    It may have been true at one time but like you said it exists in a totally different dimension now. Being able to see other worlds from it is likely do to the Twisting Nether being a realm that connects the different worlds of "reality" together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats the best idea I can think of. More like a 'window'. Much like wormholes. There's really no reason that Azeroth could see Draenor, just because Draenor can see Azeroth. The fact that you can ONLY see it from Black Temple... indicates a weak/scrying point/portal.

Do druids get power from the moon? I thought that was just night elf priests with Elune, thought they got power from nature itself.