Help build me a new PC!

I need some hands on help from some experienced people building my new PC. Reply to this post if you have anything to offer.
    My price range is around 1000$ and I plan on using the PC for gaming/streaming.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    ibuypower.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadllbolt View Post
    ibuypower.com
    Not really helpful.

Anyway, OP. Can you build the system yourself, know someone who can, or are willing to do about 30-60 minutes of research to learn how?

Can you transfer anything from the old system? OS? Hard drive? Where are you located?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Not really helpful.

Anyway, OP. Can you build the system yourself, know someone who can, or are willing to do about 30-60 minutes of research to learn how?

Can you transfer anything from the old system? OS? Hard drive? Where are you located?
    Also what games do you play and how often do you stream?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    again, ibuypower.com. ignore what he said about not being helpful. use the custom configurator. you can see the price in real-time as you update it. it also gives performance info on the system you have picked out vs a few popular games. in less than 20 seconds i had a system that isn't bad for gaming for $1047, just to see if i could get near your budget. If you're wanting to actually build your machine yourself, though, i'd recommend parts from newegg.com or tigerdirect.com.
    Last edited by Ectro81; 2013-05-12 at 02:22 AM.

again, ibuypower.com. ignore what he said about not being helpful.
    "Use Google." That's about as useful as saying "ibuypower.com."

again, ibuypower.com. ignore what he said about not being helpful. use the custom configurator. you can see the price in real-time as you update it. it also gives performance info on the system you have picked out vs a few popular games.
    If you like wasting money go to ibuypower/cyberpower/whateverpower and have them build one. If you want the best bang for your buck and know-how, you ask the people here and slap it together yourself, which is a heck of alot simpler than people think.

I went through Marest's Build thread and slapped together a computer using bits a pieces from a few of the sample builds and came up with one with all the trimmings(mouse/monitor/keyboard/thermal paste) and it's a hair over $1k. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WEsQ
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-05-12 at 02:31 AM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    how often do you stream?
    I'm sort of disregarding streaming at this point, because at the $1000 price point, streaming quality is based on... what you get. You can't focus on 'streaming' at that price point, because there are still game performance parts to focus on.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 07:46 PM ----------

This is also a bit over price point by a tiny margin, but has fantastic power for the price. I based it off Tiel's but made a few modifications. Removed thermal paste (EVO comes with it), changed PSU. Removed accessories (not sure if you need them or not), changed 1x8 ram to 2x4. Also changed hard drives to fit an SSD.

PCPartPicker part list
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($94.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill NS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Adorama)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($253.29 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: BitFenix Merc Alpha (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $1030.19
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sort of disregarding streaming at this point, because at the $1000 price point, streaming quality is based on... what you get. You can't focus on 'streaming' at that price point, because there are still game performance parts to focus on.
    Well, if he does it a lot and actually makes money off of it, or something along those lines, he can drop an SSD and get a 3770k for the 1k price point. So it's not really a impossibility at that price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    actually makes money off of it
    I also would disregard that, because roughly 0% of anyone on these forums makes money off streaming. I don't think people quite understand how many viewers you need to make any sort of income on streaming. It's a nice thought, but it just doesn't happen.

I also would disregard that, because roughly 0% of anyone on these forums makes money off streaming. I don't think people quite understand how many viewers you need to make any sort of income on streaming. It's a nice thought, but it just doesn't happen.
    There are a few that do but most of those get their money from sponsors like Razer and whatnot. Ad revenue is icing on the cake to all the sponsor dough. I do believe it's something like a few dollars for every thousand or so people that view the ad so if you got enough people watching and chuck a ad in there for a Razer mouse I bet they would get a bit from that..

OT:
    I guess we wait and see what the OP is looking for when they come back to the thread
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.