Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Sure you did, just like the guy I busted out that said he went 7/16 but when you look at his armories he didnt even do half of what he said. Fanbois are fanbois... Whats the saying? Screenshot or it didnt happen?
    There is a really big difference in "saying" you went up 20 ilevels in 1 week killing 10 bosses and actually doing it and proving it. I proved home boy was full of it above, I proved that my story was factual, I assume you can link your locks activity feed and we will see 12 or so loots from 2 raids?
    I got a piece of loot on every boss in Pinnacle LFR this week. It happens. No need to get snarky about it.

    P.S. Only one of those pieces of loot shows on my activity feed. Activity feeds don't always show everything.

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans Nadev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ultimate Magic World
    Posts
    2,808
    Part of the reason I quit /shrug

    Way too much effort for slim-to-none results.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2013-05-12 at 05:43 AM.
    Men!

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

    Now having a ball on SWTOR!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Sure you did, just like the guy I busted out that said he went 7/16 but when you look at his armories he didnt even do half of what he said. Fanbois are fanbois... Whats the saying? Screenshot or it didnt happen?
    There is a really big difference in "saying" you went up 20 ilevels in 1 week killing 10 bosses and actually doing it and proving it. I proved home boy was full of it above, I proved that my story was factual, I assume you can link your locks activity feed and we will see 12 or so loots from 2 raids?

    But back on topic... Blue is on record on this site as saying the "catch up" mode they have instituted is great and works in a matter of 2 weeks for many if you work it and use coins... I just showed that it doesnt... until someone can show that it does, I stand by my opinion that they need to scrap it and go back to boe Valor/Justice gear and dropping current valor gear to justice each patch...
    Anecdotes don't equal data. Sorry to break the news to you, but that just isn't how it works.

  4. #24
    You always remember when you didn't get loot more clearly than when you did get loot.
    Thats why I linked my activity feed... there is no misremembering in my story, I have followed the "2 week catch up plan" to the letter and im 5 weeks in now with no where close enoug Ilevel to get into ToT.

    I got a piece of loot on every boss in Pinnacle LFR this week. It happens. No need to get snarky about it.

    P.S. Only one of those pieces of loot shows on my activity feed. Activity feeds don't always show everything.
    First i have heard of it... mine shows every single thing I have done for 3 weeks... even tells you how many times I took a piss, but clearly your over the top loot luck at getting a piece of loot from all 3 bosses just didnt show up... lulz

    Ive got one for you since we are making up fish stories:
    Hey, I own a bridge down in Florida, do you want to buy it? No I cant show you the deed because it doesnt show up on the data base its stored in but I promise I own it and you can buy it from me for 5 million dollars and Ill hand write you a reciept...

    /facepalm

    Anecdotes don't equal data. Sorry to break the news to you, but that just isn't how it works.
    Lol what Ancedotes? You mean your BS story about 20 ilevels in 10 bosses? Ya that is Ancedotal evidence...
    Mine on the other hand has a activity link attached to it so you can see what bosses were killed and when and what loots were bestowed... no Ancedote there partner. Plenty from your side though... but thats whats expected from forum posters now days, claim they have the Hope Diamond in a vault at the house and then when you call them on the BS... you find out they dont even have a house and live in mommies doublewide...

    Going to bed, think Ive made my point pretty clearly.
    Last edited by jax; 2013-05-12 at 05:49 AM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post

    But back on topic... Blue is on record on this site as saying the "catch up" mode they have instituted is great and works in a matter of 2 weeks for many if you work it and use coins... I just showed that it doesnt... until someone can show that it does, I stand by my opinion that they need to scrap it and go back to boe Valor/Justice gear and dropping current valor gear to justice each patch...
    Blue's "catch up" mechanic isn't even in-game until 5.3, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 05:47 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Thats why I linked my activity feed... there is no misremembering in my story, I have followed the "2 week catch up plan" to the letter and im 5 weeks in now with no where close enoug Ilevel to get into ToT.



    First i have heard of it... mine shows every single thing I have done for 3 weeks... even tells you how many times I took a piss, but clearly your over the top loot luck at getting a piece of loot from all 3 bosses just didnt show up... lulz

    Ive got one for you since we are making up fish stories:
    Hey, I own a bridge down in Florida, do you want to buy it? No I cant show you the deed because it doesnt show up on the data base its stored in but I promise I own it and you can buy it from me for 5 million dollars and Ill hand write you a reciept...

    /facepalm
    Awww, someone thinks the Armory shows everything in the feed. Hey, guess what? I've had tons of LFR drops not show in the feed. If I had to take a guess, I'd say that it probably doesn't show items that aren't upgrades/that you sold.

    Anyway, I specifically remember it because I was getting annoyed. I wanted an item from the last boss (which shows in the feed, by the way), but figured that my luck would fail me after getting items from the other two bosses. Oh, I also remember this clearly because it happened this week.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Sure you did, just like the guy I busted out that said he went 7/16 but when you look at his armories he didnt even do half of what he said. Fanbois are fanbois... Whats the saying? Screenshot or it didnt happen?
    There is a really big difference in "saying" you went up 20 ilevels in 1 week killing 10 bosses and actually doing it and proving it. I proved home boy was full of it above, I proved that my story was factual, I assume you can link your locks activity feed and we will see 12 or so loots from 2 raids?

    But back on topic... Blue is on record on this site as saying the "catch up" mode they have instituted is great and works in a matter of 2 weeks for many if you work it and use coins... I just showed that it doesnt... until someone can show that it does, I stand by my opinion that they need to scrap it and go back to boe Valor/Justice gear and dropping current valor gear to justice each patch...
    I sense you're grumpy since RNG just wasn't in your favour.
    It worked great for my priest. Within 4 days of hitting 90 I could enter ToT LFR.
    As you can see it's clearly doable within two weeks.
    For the record, I got 4 items from ToT LFR this reset. Even if he lied about 7 items, it's still possible.
    You could get loot from every boss, it's just highly unlikely.
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2013-05-12 at 05:58 AM.

  7. #27
    @Jax

    You don't even know what anecdote means apparently. An anecdote is a personal experience, and you're trying to pass it off as a universal in an argument. YOU had crap luck, but that doesn't mean others didn't have the exact opposite happen. The entire summary of your argument is that "I had bad luck personally so it's not possible for anyone else to have good luck. The system should be changed to rain epics on me!"

    Random loot is random. It's possible to win loot on every boss you kill, it's just unlikely. The faster people accept that random is random, the faster we see less QQ on the topic bogging down both this forum and the official WoW forums. But go ahead and keep being hostile.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-05-12 at 05:57 AM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Sure you did, just like the guy I busted out that said he went 7/16 but when you look at his armories he didnt even do half of what he said. Fanbois are fanbois... Whats the saying? Screenshot or it didnt happen?
    There is a really big difference in "saying" you went up 20 ilevels in 1 week killing 10 bosses and actually doing it and proving it. I proved home boy was full of it above, I proved that my story was factual, I assume you can link your locks activity feed and we will see 12 or so loots from 2 raids?

    But back on topic... Blue is on record on this site as saying the "catch up" mode they have instituted is great and works in a matter of 2 weeks for many if you work it and use coins... I just showed that it doesnt... until someone can show that it does, I stand by my opinion that they need to scrap it and go back to boe Valor/Justice gear and dropping current valor gear to justice each patch...
    Go look up Mcmannis on Stormrage - US and look at my activity feed. I got 8 pieces of gear through one week of lfr in MSV, HOF, and TOES a few weeks ago. I used bonus rolls on most if not all of them. It is possible to gear up quickly, I wouldn't say likely but its possible.

  9. #29
    Brewmaster Yuuki Asuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Outside Coral Village
    Posts
    1,270
    If you don't get anything by 5.3, then that patch will surely help you out
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    I think the point is that loot is rare and the "catch up" model Blizz has put in place and touts as so great if you save coins you can be in TOT in 2 weeks is a load of mule dung... kinda like your story of going 7/16 on a alt this week... I didnt even have to look to know you were lying, then i realized you had all your alts linked in your sig... so, being the ass that I am, I took a peak at your "supposed" great weak of RNG...

    Your DK: 0 lfr loot
    Mage 0 lfr loot (didnt do lfr this week)
    Pally 1 lfr loot (a helm)
    Priest 0 lfr loot (didnt do lfr this week)
    Rogue 2 lfr loot (Dagger and boots)

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Jaxnoff/feed
    Tracker is wrong. Too lazy to look through entire history but : http://i.imgur.com/8hgudx9.png
    (I'll take a guess that it only tracks items you equip).

    Regardless while none of my toons hit 90 after 5.2 so i can't comment on how hard it is to get to 480 now (esp with 522 valor ring at least), i know that in 5.1 in took me ~1 week from getting to lvl 90 to starting to que for terrace, and after that i was 480+ in about 2 weeks.

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,503
    that sucks but i have to ask, how is this any different than say you not getting any loot in previous expansions? rng is rng right?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Tracker is wrong. Too lazy to look through entire history but : http://i.imgur.com/8hgudx9.png
    (I'll take a guess that it only tracks items you equip).

    Regardless while none of my toons hit 90 after 5.2 so i can't comment on how hard it is to get to 480 now (esp with 522 valor ring at least), i know that in 5.1 in took me ~1 week from getting to lvl 90 to starting to que for terrace, and after that i was 480+ in about 2 weeks.
    He believes that the tracker is infallible. He requires 100% evidence that it is not. He will never be satisfied.

  13. #33
    Brewmaster Buxton McGraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Covina, California
    Posts
    1,489
    I understand that RNG is RNG, but honestly any system that allows for 3+weeks of 0 loot, is just fail system design at it's finest.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    He believes that the tracker is infallible. He requires 100% evidence that it is not. He will never be satisfied.
    This is a 100% evidence that tracker doesn't show everything.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 01:09 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I understand that RNG is RNG, but honestly any system that allows for 3+weeks of 0 loot, is just fail system design at it's finest.
    Welcome to ANY raiding in ANY expansion. (I think outside of ToC)

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I understand that RNG is RNG, but honestly any system that allows for 3+weeks of 0 loot, is just fail system design at it's finest.
    I have to agree with that. It's being fixed though!

  16. #36
    Blue's "catch up" mechanic isn't even in-game until 5.3, so I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Have you read the catch up? Everything in it is already in game that has to do with getting a fresh 90 to ToT lfr level... Here is the post for you:

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ues-Blue-Posts

    Some highlights if you dont want to read:

    Like Sha of Anger, the world boss Galleon now respawns much more frequently. The world boss Nalak is also now accessible on the Isle of Thunder, and the Shado-Pan Assault vendor is selling a neckpiece for Valor Points with no additional reputation requirements. In addition, the Isle of Thunder factions sell an ilvl 476 belt for gold at Honored reputation, which makes doing their dailies pretty enticing.
    You can see i have Sha Boots, I bought the valor belt, killed Nalak and got super lucky to get a neck.

    At 90 head to the Isle of Thunder and progress through the quests each day and hunt for a Key to the Palace of Lei Shen each week. The portal to the Isle can be found at the Shado-Pan Garrison in western Townlong Steppes
    The Arena of Annihilation scenario has a mini-quest inside that rewards an ilvl 450 weapon
    Key to the Palace of Lei Shen looted once per week from rare spawns, Trove of Thunder King chests, or by defeating common enemies on the Isle of Thunder

    There’s a small chance for Throne of Thunder LFR gear to come from the chests after you’ve completed your run
    Loot run provides Elder Charms of Good Fortune
    Elder Charms provide bonus rolls when defeating bosses in Mogu’shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, Terrace of Endless Spring, as well as the 5.0 world bosses Sha of Anger and Galleon
    You can run LFR more than once per week if you have more Elder Charms. You won’t receive normal drops from the boss but your bonus rolls still do have a chance of rewarding an item
    All in game and all done...
    With Elder Charms of Good Fortune acquired, and an average ilvl of 460, head into Mogu’shan Vaults, you can queue using the Raid Finder (default shortcut key: i)
    Crafted PvP items (ilvl 458) can help get you over the hump into Heroic dungeons
    Crafted ilvl 476 items (Gloves/Chest/Weapons/etc.) can help jumpstart you into LFR
    476 belt is purchasable from the Isle of Thunder Kirin Tor Offensive (A) or Sunreaver Onslaught (H) for gold
    476 Epic boots available from a quest received by killing Sha of Anger (loot Claw of Anger)
    476 PvP items purchased with Honor can help fill in any gaps and raise your average ilvl with little negative effect to your overall ability in raids
    5.3 Battlefield Barrens quests will award ilvl 476 and 489 items (This is replaced with the relic trinket I bought and the neck that dropped from fail bag)
    Shado-Pan Assault ilvl 522 neck available at Neutral for 1250 Valor Points
    Lesser Charms of Good Fortune can be exchanged at your faction’s shrine in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms for Mogu Runes of Fate. Mogu Runes provide bonus rolls for 5.2 bosses including those in the Throne of Thunder, and world bosses Oondasta and Nalak
    All in game and all done...

    In 5.2, we significantly increased drop rates in the Raid Finder versions of Mogu’shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of Endless Spring, so it’s quite possible to walk into the Raid Finder and have enough Elder Charms to use a bonus roll on every boss you kill (with greatly increased drop chances) for a tremendous loot yield. You can also run Raid Finder more than once per week if you have more Elder Charms. You won’t receive normal drops from the boss, but your bonus rolls will have a chance of rewarding an item.
    All in game and all done...

    You see where this is 5.2 stuff right???

    The kicker:

    Between all of these sources, an adventurous player should be should be able to walk right into the Raid Finder Throne of Thunder within a week or two of hitting level 90, even without touching any of the mainland reputations.
    Its been 5 weeks not 1 or 2... the only thing not in the game is the 2 items from the battle and those are equaled out with the relic I bought and the neck from Nalak bag of fail...

    Think I am done here... you people would argue with a stone wall if you ran into one...

    Sure glad I "dont know what your talking about Jax! its for 5.3!"

    /herpderp

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Have you read the catch up? Everything in it is already in game that has to do with getting a fresh 90 to ToT lfr level... Here is the post for you:

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ues-Blue-Posts

    Some highlights if you dont want to read:



    You can see i have Sha Boots, I bought the valor belt, killed Nalak and got super lucky to get a neck.



    All in game and all done...


    All in game and all done...



    All in game and all done...

    You see where this is 5.2 stuff right???

    The kicker:



    Its been 5 weeks not 1 or 2... the only thing not in the game is the 2 items from the battle and those are equaled out with the relic I bought and the neck from Nalak bag of fail...

    Think I am done here... you people would argue with a stone wall if you ran into one...

    Sure glad I "dont know what your talking about Jax! its for 5.3!"

    /herpderp
    I was specifically referring to the changes being made to bonus loot rolls in 5.3, obviously. You know, the ones where you have a progressively higher chance of getting loot?

    "Catch up" is a pretty generic term, after all. When you said "catch up," that was the only thing that came to mind.

  18. #38
    Yeah, it wasn't until I had full access to all three tier 14 dungeons IN FULL, that I got my first piece of gear from LFR. I raid otherwise, so it wasn't that big of a deal, but it was a little funny to repeatedly get gold for so very long.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    I was specifically referring to the changes being made to bonus loot rolls in 5.3, obviously. You know, the ones where you have a progressively higher chance of getting loot?

    "Catch up" is a pretty generic term, after all. When you said "catch up," that was the only thing that came to mind.
    I'm more disappointed by the fact that he didn't comment on his tracker not displaying loot

  20. #40
    May as well throw in my 2 cents here.

    I 'quit' WoW for a few months, back when HoF was released and back then my lock was sitting at around 460ish ilvl. I returned 2 weeks ago and now have 490 ilvl purely from LFR, using some Valor to buy a 522 neck and finally equipping my DMF trinket. I have gotten LOADS of gear using my coins and just plain good luck, however I'm yet to have any real luck in ToT LFR. Sadly I cannot raid with my guild due to time/work commitments so I'm stuck with LFR and rare pug when I can allocate the time.

    For those that doubt me, here is my feed:

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...2/Neothes/feed

    18 bits of loot over 2 weeks worth of lock outs doing all of the possible LFR's (still need Powers so yeah...very bad luck with them).

    You CAN get amazingly lucky like me, or you can just get screwed liket eh OP. Random is random and until you understand how random events happen and the meaning of averages are, you will always wallow in the gluts and ride the highs without being happy and just ride the middle ground.

    Saying all this, my shaman hasn't gotten anything from LFR in these 2 weeks, maybe one item I cannot remember, could of been Nalak 522 tier gloves. Even so, dry spells happen.


    If you have the time and get lucky, get your keys for the treasure runs, don't bother finishing the place, just pillage the first room of EVERY chest you can. I usually walk away with around 12-15 coins from that alone. Then do your Isle of Thunder dailies and get your boxes, you have a chance of getting 1-2 coins from them each and you can get 2 per day. They may also rarely contain another key.

    Final note: Remember you can use coins on bosses you have ALREADY KILLED in LFR. That is how, assuming you have the time, you can burn say 20 coins on one boss over and over again each time you kill them. You will only get 1 chance at a normal loot drop after he dies, but your able to use as many coins as you have time to use on that one boss, or raid. Only works in LFR obviously. Use it, abuse it, and get your item you really want like that trinket or weapon or tier piece.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •