View Poll Results: Make sense?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    71 46.71%
  • No

    81 53.29%
Page 1 of 11
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,778

    Patterns that predict the next class.

    With numerous theories floating around about what the 12th class will be, I decided to show you guys some of the patterns I've noticed that has convinced me what type of class we're getting either this expansion or the one afterwards.

    Pattern One: Mail Armor

    The game lacks a third mail armor wearer. Since every other armor is used by 3 classes.

    Pattern Two: Bows, Xbows, Guns

    Only one class can use three types of weapons exclusively. That is highly irregular.

    Pattern Three: Class balance

    The game is divided between pure, semi-hybrid, and hybrid. Pures are entirely DPS.
    Semi-hybrids have 2 similar specs, and one different spec. True hybrids can do all roles.

    We have 4 pure classes, 4 semi-hybrids, and 3 true hybrids.

    There's more patterns beyond the ones showcased here. These are the three big ones. From them my guess would be that the next class is a mail wearer that also uses ranged weapons. Also the class is more likely to be a tri-spec hybrid (tank/dps/heals) like Paladins and Monks.

    More to come.

  2. #2
    So many melee, sick of em.

    Gimme more casters or something else that can use a bow.

    Also another potential indicator is we still only have 1 spec of 1 class that uses spell plate, making it the most irregular item class in the game.

    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

  3. #3
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,738
    I disagree that there's a pattern three here. I think we can divide classes into 3 categories.

    1. Vanilla. They're based on WC3 units/heroes, and were there from the start.

    2. Stage-one Classes. Also based on WC3 units/heroes (DK = DK, Monk = Brewmaster). Added later and will bring every gear type to 3 users.

    3. Stage-two Classes. These are classes mostly added on cool factor or because players want them. This is where we'd see stuff like Tinkerer and Bard.


    The next new class will be a mail user, I'm certain. I also agree it'll likely have access to ranged weapons. My guess is Demon Hunter. It'll have a melee DPS spec, tanking spec, and ranged DPS spec. Guess which one will grant access to ranged weapons.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  4. #4
    I'd rather see Tinkerer with a DPS caster spec, Physical ranged spec, Tank spec. Mail armor of course.

    This would give us a new hybrid combo.

    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    3. Stage-two Classes. These are classes mostly added on cool factor or because players want them. This is where we'd see stuff like Tinkerer and Bard.
    Tinkerers are a WC3 unit, making them "stage-one" according to your little chart.

    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

  5. #5
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    I'd rather see Tinkerer with a DPS caster spec, Physical ranged spec, Tank spec. Mail armor of course.

    This would give us a new hybrid combo.



    Tinkerers are a WC3 unit, making them "stage-one" according to your little chart.
    They fall further down because tinkerer will likely be a leather wearing class. So they aren't stage-one because they'd be the 4th leather class.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    They fall further down because tinkerer will likely be a leather wearing class. So they aren't stage-one because they'd be the 4th leather class.
    According to what logic would they be leather? why would a class that focuses on technology not wear metal armor?



    yeah, looks to me like they care about staying light on their feet.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-05-07 at 06:01 PM.

    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

  7. #7
    I fail to see an established pattern. The OP simply points out that there are under-utilized item types and assumes that the next class will make use of them. The same could be said of Intellect Plate.

    As far as the class/role distribution goes, the only class that can perform Range & Melee DPS, Healing, and Tanking is a Druid. Monks and Paladins come close with one variety of DPS, plus Healing and Tanking. Again, the OP sees a lack of "something" then assumes that there is a gap to be filled.

    One must remember that until recently, ranged weapons were usable by several classes. Blizzard specifically gave them to only a single class. This shows that Blizzard does not follow the same logic the OP is applying to their observations.

  8. #8
    Teriz, i haven't read anything from you that hasn't made sense.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    One must remember that until recently, ranged weapons were usable by several classes. Blizzard specifically gave them to only a single class. This shows that Blizzard does not follow the same logic the OP is applying to their observations.
    Your kinda wrong here, they did this to get rid of the range slot to make itemization easier, this got rid of the need for strength ranged weapons (tank and dps, warrior only), idols for every spec of druid / shaman / pally / death knight, the need for hunters to carry melee weapons, allowed them to completely can throwing weapons, and allowed them to make wands 'real' weapons.

    Hunters ending up as the only class that could use ranged weapons was never the intent, it was simply a side effect of them eliminating LOADS of items that were bloating the loot tables because they had limited usefulness. So they created one problem, but eliminated a dozen in the process.

    This shows a mentality more in line with what OP is saying, not that they don't care that only one class can use something, because clearly they do.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-05-07 at 06:27 PM.

    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

  10. #10
    Can you explain me why the absence of a third mail wearer is a lack ?

  11. #11
    As I expected. Same person shoving the Tinker down our throat. Why oh why do we need a new topic about this every damn day.

  12. #12
    Yup, nicely illustrated. For those that object to the predictive nature of these observations; fair point. Just because the game has a mail-ranged weapon hybrid class hole doesn't mean the next class will be designed to fit it.

    It would be a good idea, though. The game system would encourage a decision like this from Blizz, and repay it too. So it's not so much that the next class will be a mail wearing ranged attacking hybrid class- but rather Blizzard knows full well each of these boxes they tick will make for a better play experience for everyone. A Tinker class fits this nicely, and I think it would be cool. Maybe split into 'medic' healer, 'engineer' tank, and 'sapper' DPS.

  13. #13
    There are no patterns here. There are not enough data to establish any, either.

  14. #14
    it makes sense, yes, but I'll bet on a different thing regarding pure-nonpure.

    I think warlocks will get a tanking spec (and become semi-hybrid), and the next class will be pure dps.

    so there'll be 5 semi-hybrids, 4 pures and 3 hybrids.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  15. #15
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    931
    While yes, those numbers make a mail wearing bow/gun user logical for the next class, can you really think of a class that would be different enough from hunters while still using mail armour and a bow/gun? Don't say demon hunter, demon hunters use melee weapons, not to mention demon hunters would likely use armour that's lighter than mail. Leather or maybe even cloth.

    edit: Seen the mention of Tinkers, that'd come close in that it'd likely be a mail class, but I still don't see a tinker using bows.
    Last edited by Cattleya; 2013-05-07 at 06:25 PM.

  16. #16
    Scarab Lord Viridiancity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    IN A PICKLE
    Posts
    4,399
    I'm Viridian and I am pro tinker. But I am also of the opinion that we should not have a new class in 6.0.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    I'm Viridian and I am pro tinker. But I am also of the opinion that we should not have a new class in 6.0.
    I kind of agree, I don't really want demon hunters to be playable ever, but I would like Tinkerers.

    But I also think WoW is reaching critical mass on classes, how many more could the game feasibly support?

    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

  18. #18
    I agree with most of what you are saying, I think its likely that the next class will wear Mail armor, and will balance out Pure DPS, semi-hybrid, and true Hybrid.

    But I don't think it will be a true hybrid (though this is in part due to my own biases).

    Instead, I'd predict that the next class will be a mail wearing semi-hybrid, and one of the current semi-hybrids would be turned into, or more accurately returned to a true hybrid class by adding a fourth tank spec to them. Of course I'm talking about Shaman, who wear ostensibly supposed to be true hybrids in vanilla to mirror Paladins, but in practice were unable to tank or even off-tank effectively beyond high level dungeons, and as such were moved to more of a semi-hybrid starting with BC, essentially becoming the only class to have ever lost an intended role as far as I know.

    I don't think Blizzard is going to just add additional specs to classes willy-nilly, but in the case of Shaman tanks, I feel like it would make a lot more sense, since so much has changed since BC, and with the move to active mitigation tanking, the need for specific tank stats on gear has decreased, which would solve one of the major reasons they moved Shaman away from tanking originally, i.e. the lack of tank-specific mail gear, and not wanting to implement it. I'd also point out that Blizzard hasn't completely removed all tanking tools for Shaman, for example Frost Shock still generates High threat and they actually gained a taunt with Cataclysm.

    Of course, as I said, as a Shaman main, I'm fairly biased towards this.

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    I kind of agree, I don't really want demon hunters to be playable ever, but I would like Tinkerers.

    But I also think WoW is reaching critical mass on classes, how many more could the game feasibly support?
    if they separate PvE from PvP as many as they want, until they solve the balance = nerf that the PvE oriented balance they use currently is solved, they should not add anything new.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  20. #20
    Mail armor looks plausible.

    A couple of other points about this speculated 'new' class:
    1. It might have stances (see dks/monks/hunters/warriors) or forms, unless Blizzard decides to ditch stances.
    2. It will have pet/guardians in some form or another (abilities/talents). Why? because these are 'fun'. Its been that way for dks/monks. And many classes got such moves since cata.
    3. It will have a smaller or 'pruned' core toolkit. For lesser buttons and ease of play.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •