Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Mob Density changes make a huge differance

    Holy cow im running around act 1 on mp4 and theres an insane amount of mobs now compared to the last time I dipped my toes in this game. Finally, at least to me. This game FEELS like Diablo 2.

    Despite the overwhelming negativity around this game from the AH/RMAH, Launch issues, Jay Wilson haters and so on. It feels like every patch they improve the game in real noticable ways. I predict come the release of the 1st expansion for this game that there will be a massive turn around in community support and much less negativity/doomsaying.

    Loving the game

  2. #2
    I just started playing this again yesterday as well (Haven't played in a few patches) and I'm not sure which patch made it more enjoyable, but it's much much more enjoyable for me at the moment. Good stuff.

  3. #3
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,636
    For sure it does. Finally I don't have to do act 3 over and over again and have some choices.

    Check out the decaying crypts(only spawns sometimes) in fields of misery for some monster slaying fun.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 03:34 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I just started playing this again yesterday as well (Haven't played in a few patches) and I'm not sure which patch made it more enjoyable, but it's much much more enjoyable for me at the moment. Good stuff.
    Have you played since monster power came out? If not you have to go into the options menu to enable it. Just an FYI if you didn't know already.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  4. #4
    If you want to enjoy D3, play Hardcore. It feels like how the game was meant to be played.

    D2 wasn't all that great until LoD. D3 is definately improving... still a lot of stuff they can do to make it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    If you want to enjoy D3, play Hardcore. It feels like how the game was meant to be played.

    D2 wasn't all that great until LoD. D3 is definately improving... still a lot of stuff they can do to make it better.
    What's the point to play hardcore. There is no skill involved if any second you can die due to connection?

  6. #6
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Inside Aggra's Womb.
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    What's the point to play hardcore. There is no skill involved if any second you can die due to connection?
    That's why it's so "hardcore" - need a hardcore connection. And your phones off the hook/turned off. :P
    Chickens are awesome.

  7. #7
    For sure love this patch, recently returned to D3 and my paragon level went from 24 to 45 without to much trouble just farming keys / checking new zones with density's.
    Except for the usa Gold problems i think blizzard is finally starting to improve this game, to bad it had to take over an year to get it like it is now ...
    Anyway a new route i recently started doing with shitloads of monsters in it=
    [Start the game on Quest 9 last tab act 1]
    -Festerling Woods (Nv stacks 3-5)
    -Cemetry of the Forsaken (Depending on stacks to get to 5 quickly)
    - Fields of Misery (Keywarden + tons of mobs and elites in this zone)
    - Decaying Crypt (if it's up in Fields of misery, very good packed dungeon with tons of mobs)
    - Weeping Hollow (complete clear, sick mob packs)
    - If i'm still in the mood i optionally finish the last quest line to kill butcher since you need to clear the level 2 & 3 of the keep he is in + the prison so its allot of mobs again and gives decent xp!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Check out the decaying crypts(only spawns sometimes) in fields of misery for some monster slaying fun.
    ^Thisthisthisthis

    Fields of Misery is packed with huge groups (20+) of mobs now, all over the zone. And then you go into Decaying Crypts and it's just endless zombies in there. So much fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    If you want to enjoy D3, play Hardcore. It feels like how the game was meant to be played.
    Permanently losing your character after a lagspike is "the way D3 was meant to be played" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

  9. #9
    So much fun!
    Some people have a very strange perception of fun.

  10. #10
    Love being able to do Act I again without worrying about if I could be getting way more exp. per hour or not in Keep or Act III. Act I is well designed, has a high variance of mob types, and plenty of dungeons to explore.

    Definitely boosted the playability level tenfold.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    D2 wasn't all that great until LoD. D3 is definately improving... still a lot of stuff they can do to make it better.
    The original D2 was actually a much more balanced game than the expansion. Are you simply repeating what someone else says or do you have actual experience?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Permanently losing your character after a lagspike is "the way D3 was meant to be played" ?
    Yes. Unfortunately, leveling is such a massive chore that it really hurts to lose a 60 in this game. Even the gold/gear investment loss isn't as painful as having to level up again, for me anyway. But they have no reason to look at the 1-60 experience when 95% of the game is level 60 on softcore.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    The original D2 was actually a much more balanced game than the expansion. Are you simply repeating what someone else says or do you have actual experience?
    I'm sure it was, but that was merely cause we got more options later on? Things really only got very bad once top high runes started to circulate. Enigma for everyone on non-ladder was pretty common
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  14. #14
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Check out the decaying crypts(only spawns sometimes) in fields of misery for some monster slaying fun.
    All three Fields caves actually. Lost Mine, and Scavenger's Den. I've heard Watch Tower is really good again, but I have yet to get it to spawn. Den of the Fallen, which doesn't seem to always spawn, is good in Weeping Hollow (as is Weeping Hollow itself).

    There's a noticeable difference in the amount of XP I'm getting. Whether that be because of monster density or the NV/XP interaction, or a combination of both, I don't know. But I only farm on MP2, so I don't think I'm getting much more XP than normal. All I know is, these last five levels should go by pretty fast.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  15. #15
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,485
    Just tried joining a public game. Holy carp, dat density change!

    Another interesting change regarding public games is that you can now search for "Any Quest" and just get dumped into an open game if you're not too fussed about where you end up. I hadn't even released my mouse button before I was on the loading screen.

  16. #16
    its better than what it was, but act3 is still way ahead when it comes to xp per hour

  17. #17
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,141
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    its better than what it was, but act3 is still way ahead when it comes to xp per hour
    Not by my calculations. I'm getting a few more million XP per hour in Act 1 than I ever did in Act 3. Though there may be other factors on top of monster density that causes this:

    -Less time spent in town. I pick up ALL rares, so I spend multiple times per run in town salvaging all that crap. Now though, with a one-click identify all, time spent in town has been lowered.
    -More time spent in-game. Act 3's farm route was a quick, 15 minute run into like three zones. Then you log out, back in, and do it again. In Act 1, I can farm enough viable spots to stay in one game for an entire hour. Meaning I spend more time with NV stacks at 5, meaning with the new multiplicative XP gains, I'm gaining more.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-05-12 at 09:42 PM.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  18. #18
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,485
    And even if they're not completely balanced, it'll still give those of us not min-maxing our routes some other scenery to look at without completely gimping ourselves.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    All three Fields caves actually. Lost Mine, and Scavenger's Den. I've heard Watch Tower is really good again, but I have yet to get it to spawn. Den of the Fallen, which doesn't seem to always spawn, is good in Weeping Hollow (as is Weeping Hollow itself).

    There's a noticeable difference in the amount of XP I'm getting. Whether that be because of monster density or the NV/XP interaction, or a combination of both, I don't know. But I only farm on MP2, so I don't think I'm getting much more XP than normal. All I know is, these last five levels should go by pretty fast.
    Same for me - lower MP are insanely good it seems for solo play and fast xp farm. If you are in a group, higher MPs suddendly become better.

    I didi a couple of leveles in 2 or 3 runs, but i do cemetery - forest - hollow - fields(+ caves) - catherdral 2 to 4 - manor - agony to butcher.

  20. #20
    I'm a bit worried about the mob density now thought.
    I used to be able to do MP10 but now there's just too many mobs ;_;
    At least it gives me an increase in damage and quicker area clearing (monk sweeping winds).

    Edit: monks 4 lyf
    Last edited by Aydinx2; 2013-05-13 at 08:59 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •