View Poll Results: Should Titan get announced on Blizzcon?

Voters
172. This poll is closed
  • Yes

135 78.49%
  • No

37 21.51%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should Titan get announced on Blizzcon?

I'd like to know your opinion about this matter. It seems that the next WoW expansion will be announced at Blizzcon. Little doubt about this.
    But what about Titan? Is this a good time to announce it, with WoW on its death curve and some 2-3 years before Titan's release? Would this be a good move, in terms of business?
    I have mixed opinions about this. It could be a bad move taking the attention out of WoW's next expansion. But it could be a good move to show that "there'll be life after WoW", if they can tie the idea with "keep playing WoW while you wait". Maybe 1-year pass giving you titan's beta when it comes?

What do you think guys. Good timing or terrible timing for this anounce?

Ill be suprised if it isnt

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that any information about Titan, should be given out overtime, rather than all of it upfront. Maybe some brief information? I know we've been waiting years, but I'm more curious about the next expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see at least a hint towards something Titan related.

Hopefully Blizzard will get us hyped up for it!

10+ Year Old Account
    What "Death Curve"??? I don't see WoW dying ny time soon...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Should blizzard announce something when it is not ready or at least not confirmed, and get a backlash from the community when only discussed or possible options are taken as gospel and fail to make it to a final release.

Perhaps not, but they will do it regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    People like to complain about something, and this same one comes up time and time again.
    And yet wow is still here despite them saying the same thing for year after year.
    Simply speaking rubbish again.

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, someone's killin all the wow up in here!
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

That would be imminent death. A death curve, in the broad sense, is what we all are into since our birth: heading to death. In a strict sense, it's when you start showing signs of weakness and decrepitude that will, after perhaps many years, lead you to death. For us it usually happens when we're above 50-60.
    It's not about dying soon. It's about heading to death faster.

If Titan is ready to be announced then sure, announce it at this Blizzcon. If not, then announce it at another Blizzcon whenever it's ready to be announced. So much announcing... I look forward to watching Blizzcon one day and suddenly there's tons of Titan info.

Maybe alpha gameplay sneakpeek, but that's it.

They didn't have a Blizzcon last year bc they had nothing new ready to announce. I doubt the next SC expan will be anywhere near ready for announcement since Heart of the Swarm just released. And D3 stuff is blase. I'm guessing they will teaser the next WoW expan + finish out the con with some kind of surprise teaser trailer for Titan that is all dodgy and barely shows you anything, since they still don't want to give away their hand IMHO.

10+ Year Old Account
    WOW, a one year pass with titan beta and maybe a mount and pet is a good idea. Id probably do that if titan details were juicy enough.

Blizzard is expected to announce the new WoW expansion along with a release date to the Blizzard All Stars Moba (or at least an update). It's already going to be a pretty crazy Blizzcon, but I would love to see at LEAST an introduction to the new IP they're using with some background lore to get us hyped about Titan. We'll see.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i cant imagine them not at the very least announcing some info about it. how long has it been since titan has "surfaced"?

Deleted
    If it's still 2-3 years from release, then I don't think it's a good time. The amount the game will change in 2-3 years means any information given now is going to end up being outdated and stale, with people getting super hyped and then ending up disappointed when something that snowballed out of reality doesn't end up being produced. Unless they have realistic plans of releasing in the next 12 months, I think they're doing the right thing in keeping quiet.

That being said, I hope we get information about it, and I hope it'll be out in the next 12 months... but I don't want to be listening to people go crazy about it for the next 2-3 years if they just release a teaser trailer or something...

I hope they announce it together with the last expansion of WoW. In the long run I think its better if WoW gets replaced by a better blizzard MMO and when that gets stale they should reveal WoW 2.

If they keep WoW running I think it will die a miserable end and it doesn't deserve that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    If it's still 2-3 years from release, then I don't think it's a good time. The amount the game will change in 2-3 years means any information given now is going to end up being outdated and stale, with people getting super hyped and then ending up disappointed when something that snowballed out of reality doesn't end up being produced. Unless they have realistic plans of releasing in the next 12 months, I think they're doing the right thing in keeping quiet.

That being said, I hope we get information about it, and I hope it'll be out in the next 12 months... but I don't want to be listening to people go crazy about it for the next 2-3 years if they just release a teaser trailer or something...
    yea it just seems like everyone has been speculating about it so long as it is i cant even imagine how silly it would get if all they announced was some teaser trailer and said it wouldnt be out for another 2 years.

it seems like i remember hearing something about it towards the end of BC but ive slept since then so i may be off. just seems like a long time to have a rumored next gen mmo and have virtually no info leaked about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people having two or three years to get hyped up about something and have expectations grow beyond any reasonable bounds always works out well.

OK.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Because people having two or three years to get hyped up about something and have expectations grow beyond any reasonable bounds always works out well.

OK.
    lol yea. im trying to stay optimistic but i just dont know how ill feel if it turns out to be an mmofps. there seems to be quite a few of them out now that are f2p or b2p and are actually pretty good so i dont know.

argh thats the trouble with speculation, we dont really know what its going to be lol. ive read sites saying itll be an mmofps and others saying itll be an mmorpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    If it's still 2-3 years from release, then I don't think it's a good time.
    May i remind you that WoW was announced 3 years before its launch. The only different variable here is that they already have a mmo out. It changes the picture a bit, for better or worse.