Deleted

Just bcuz (things were better back in the days) doesn't mean it's nostalgia...

A month ago... Someone created a topic concerning NOSTALGIA and how it affects players...
    Since then everyone's counter-argument to any game improving topic (concerning LFR, Dungeon Finder, World PvP) is that we got strucked by NOSTALGIA...

Using term "NOSTALGIA" just to mildly say "shut the hell up" the game is improving...

People here can't just freely talk 'bout Vanilla, TBC, WOTLK cuz they'll be trashed like hell right away...
    Last edited by mmocde15ca192d; 2013-05-12 at 11:14 AM.

Yes it is, the game is far better than it was back then.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Nope. People make good arguments about why some aspects of the game were better (subjectively, of course) before some changes were made.
    That is giving an opinion about something and opinions differ from one person to another.

It steps on nostalgia territory when some argue that the old days were only good and nothing about is was bad. That is what nostalgia is. Not being able to remember the bad and only recalling the good (and also not being able to recognize the goods of 'today). Unless the person really did not have ANY bad experience in the past and only had the goods, it is nostalgia.

But like I said, some people on the forums make valid arguments (both for and against the changes) and you are also making a big generalization here.

I think it's more along the lines of there being plenty of people that genuinely enjoy the game more now than they ever did in Vanilla and expressing their opinion to the contrary.

Only when there's a post extolling Vanilla for how great it was or simply saying "Things were better back in TBC" without evidence to substantiate their claims.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    A month ago... Someone created a topic concerning NOSTALGIA and how it affects players...
    Since then everyone's counter-argument to any game improving topic (concerning LFR, Dungeon Finder, World PvP) is that we got strucked by NOSTALGIA...

Using term "NOSTALGIA" just to mildly say "shut the hell up" the game is improving...

People here can't just freely talk 'bout Vanilla, TBC, WOTLK cuz they'll be trashed like hell right away...
    thanks for your opinion / rant. I hope you feel better.
    i had fun reading, plz come back with more refreshing topics

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post

Remember days when people couldnt like wotlk because they would be instantly jumped on by raging people like you?

10+ Year Old Account
    their is no argument that the game is on the whole better now than it was then. where i think the difference comes is that people think it could be even better and their are elements from the games past that they think should be revived. No sane or reasonable person wants the game to back to vanilla. Only idiots do and you can discount them immediately if you hear from them.

it's like the shock doctrine. whenever something goes wrong people run around screaming and hollering that something has to be done like chickens with theirs head cut off. Things can and should be done, i'm not saying that everything is hunkey dorey in the warcraft land but people see the subscribers decline as a way to push for an agenda that would ultimately be harmful to the game. Like that speech the joker makes to harvey dent. Everyone is fine when evertyhing is going according to plan, even if the plan is horrible. but when something goes out of whack (like wow loosing 2 million subs) then everybody loses their minds.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-05-12 at 12:16 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Remember days when people couldnt like wotlk because they would be instantly jumped on by raging people like you?
    I remember this very clearly, indeed.

And when someone can make a logical non-nostalgic comment about how things were better previously, we'll stop calling it nostalgia. Because if you look at the facts, the game is superior now. Using words like "epic feeling" and "sense of adventure" are wishy-washy terms used to hide the fact you have no valid criticism of the way things are now.

Its like an old man saying how modern music sucks, but can't actually say why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Yes it is, the game is far better than it was back then.
    this plus or minus, it doesn't feel new anymore, and i do disagree with some of the changes...

but it by definition IS nostalgia...but it's being thrown around like a insult here, same thing with fanboy etc...
    so while being a fanboy of anything isn't necessarily a bad thing, nostalgia isn't as well because the feeling you are missing from playing wow is indeed missing for some people, so while it is nostalgia, it has meaning behind it.

don't know a better way to put it... "a yearning for things in the past / of the past / etc..." so whatever...it is, but it isn't in the way people use it on these forums as an insult almost.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.