shaman problems..

Hi here is korea
    I can not speak English well. Understand me.
    I want to know. Thinking of you...........

A.
    The totem is one's ability with a long cooldown.
    What do you think about the destruction easily? ( Most HP 5 )
    The adverse fight.

B.
    At a time and use only one kind of totem, it is very uncomfortable.
    What do you think?
    I think it's a system is too primitive totem

C.
    Enhancer's AOE..
    Difficult respond faster skill cooldown is too long.
    flame shock target..
    Go away, disappear, or die
    Do not at AOE. Absolutely!!!! For eight seconds......
    No advantage. enhancer's AOE

I do not hate Shaman.I just hate developers.
    Easy english please.

Quote Originally Posted by strada View Post
    Hi here is korea
    I can not speak English well. Understand me.
    I want to know. Thinking of you...........

A.
    The totem is one's ability with a long cooldown.
    What do you think about the destruction easily? ( Most HP 5 )
    The adverse fight.

B.
    At a time and use only one kind of totem, it is very uncomfortable.
    What do you think?
    I think it's a system is too primitive totem

C.
    Enhancer's AOE..
    Difficult respond faster skill cooldown is too long.
    flame shock target..
    Go away, disappear, or die
    Do not at AOE. Absolutely!!!! For eight seconds......
    No advantage. enhancer's AOE

I do not hate Shaman.I just hate developers.
    Easy english please.
    A)
    Definitely agree with this but I doubt it will be changed anytime soon. During the ptr of patch 5.3 they already tried increasing the hp to 10% of the shamans hp, which is still 1 spell but this was quickly removed back to 5hp. Im guessing because it made resto stronger again because their totems couldnt be 1 shot by a healers auto attack

B) Not really sure what you are saying here, we can use all 4 kinds of totems at the same time. e.g We can put up healing stream totem, magma totem, earth elemental totem and grounding all at the same time.

C)
    Enhancements aoe is definitely the slowest aoe I can think of. It needs 3 globals to actually use the first time which in a semi aoe fight like tortos could mean we barely get 1 fire nova off before all the mobs are dead. On a fight like windlord however which has constant high hp mobs half the fight, our aoe is pretty decent since we can get loads of fire novas off whilst also increasing our single target dps. I definitely think it needs to be changed to be faster

Thank you valuable feedback.

B) Not really sure what you are saying here, we can use all 4 kinds of totems at the same time. e.g We can put up healing stream totem, magma totem, earth elemental totem and grounding all at the same time.
    =================================================================================

I mean do not use the same kind of totem.
    EX. Earth Elemental Totem's for the duration of fear when you take.
    Unfair.

Shaman have always been limited to one element totem at a time (ie we can never have Earth Elemental and Tremor Totem up at once).

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Shaman have always been limited to one element totem at a time (ie we can never have Earth Elemental and Tremor Totem up at once).
    As a pvper that takes primal elemental. Having to drop tremor, therefore completely nullifying my 1 minute reinforce. = Brilliant game design.
    As a pvp healer that takes healing tide totem. Having it one shot and completely nullified by any single class in the game. Whearas Spells like spirit shell / life coccoon are undispellable. = Brilliant game design.

There are some classes that have lots of undispellable buffs/benefits.
    There are some classes that have some dispellable buffs/benefits, which obviously can only be countered by people with dispells.
    Then there are shaman, where every single totem can be 'dispelled' by any class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel next expansion they should look at totems and address some of the weaknesses. I understand totems are part of what makes a shaman a shaman, and that not all classes should work the same way, but totems are all weakness and no strength (besides Tremor being fairly unique). I think a few things could be done, but that they don't need to be made to function perfectly.

possibilities:

-inc totem health (I agree with above poster this was likely too strong for rest, but enh and ele could have a spec specific 'mighty totem' passive)

-end exclusivity (Earth totem is waaaay too overstuffed between Stone Bulwark/Earthbind/Tremor/Earth Elemental-Greater Earth Ele, while Water, Air, and Fire seem about right-perhaps a talent or passive to drop 2 Earth totems at once)

-rework Utility totems to function a bit better. Yeah it's great they gave us a stun, but it would be nice if it could function without glyphing for reduced charge time or repositioning. Rebake some of the snare protection back into Earthbind (or revert Ghostwolf to no longer need the glyph to reduce slows)
    "Brevity is...wit"

At one point on the 5.3 PTR totems had health increased to a percentage of the Shaman but they reverted it back to the easily "dispellable" 5hp.

Honestly though, totems are the least of our worries, there are far bigger problems that ought to be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrap View Post
    As a pvper that takes primal elemental. Having to drop tremor, therefore completely nullifying my 1 minute reinforce. = Brilliant game design.
    As a pvp healer that takes healing tide totem. Having it one shot and completely nullified by any single class in the game. Whearas Spells like spirit shell / life coccoon are undispellable. = Brilliant game design.

There are some classes that have some dispellable buffs/benefits, which obviously can only be countered by people with dispells.
    Then there are shaman, where every single totem can be 'dispelled' by any class.

So true, so very true...

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Or by the shaman itself, if needs calls so
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

where thers a will theres a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrap View Post

I feel bad for defending blizz here at this point because I am shaman myself and hate my life on a regular basis.. Ill agree on the whole tremor/primal loop. But any other totems life expectancy rate can be doubled with proper measures being taken..

1. Any comp above 1800ish mr is going to focus totems.. Thats a given. So your obvious response? Totemic Vigor. 5% of your base hp to all your totems. Effectively giving your HS around 15kish.. and Your Tide/Link Around 60-70k. Now granted this isn't massive.. Its enough. It either A. Takes their focus off of you for 2+ Globals or B. Your totem survives its duration... And you live to hump another pillar.

2. Totem placement.. Knowing where you can place your totems and still have them capable of reaching you etc. "Hiding them"if you will. Granted you're obviously not going to be able to actually hide a totem... But you can tuck it off in a crevice or LOS of whoever you assailant might be at the time.. Blades edge.. Under the bridge etc. etc.

Situational awareness is huge as a healer.. Especially if your a garbage class like a Shaman. Knowing when and where to play your totems in clutch situations will be the deciding factor in life or death.

Srslypissed//Tich

Make totems untargetable, seems like a simple solution to stop pvp problems. It wouldn't make them overpowered, for the argument vs resto, cuz capacitor totem is dogshit anyway, plus there aren't that many great totems to hit besides healing tide mentioned above. If there is a problem to what I've suggested, point it out.

Deleted
    Make totems movable like pets ... Problem solved. I would like to see my totems follow me and dance around me

Totems need 5% of shamans max hp by default, and another 5% through a glyph.

However they would have 0 armor and 0 resilience.

Also, in the glyph that gives totems more hp, add "Increases the radius of your Earth, Air and Water totems by a 100%".