Deleted

How is this offensive?

Hey I migged over to a realm and made my new name "Mekz". After one day I wake up to go online and I've been forced a name change, is Mekz offensive? Is it copyrighted? What would make them force rename me? Anyone have a clue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably means something insulting in a different country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Did a quick search, couldn't find anything that suggests its offensive

Even the urban dictionary just says its a graffti artist

Could not find any definition for the word, but it does seem to be a possible last name.

Deleted
    It could be a bug. Contact a GM. I had the same thing happen to me, and a GM said it was just a bug with transferring faction and realm at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Probably means something insulting in a different country.
    Ran a quick translate, comes through as Hungarian, but translates to Mekz -.-

As long as somebody reported your name, it has a chance that they will make you rename your character so really it is up to the person who reported it to answer that question as they were the one who found it offensive/unacceptable, unless anyone else here has heard about any issues with "Mekz."

Deleted
    https://soundcloud.com/mekz-1

maybe that? but dunno

disrespecting mexicans and mexico

Possibly "Meks" was believed to be too close to "Metz" as in Metzen?

Deleted
    Did you faction change as well? If so, there seems to be a bug like castalya said where you get flagged for rename another time after your initial one. Had it happen, just contact a GM and tell him about the bug with realm changing.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Did you faction change as well? If so, there seems to be a bug like castalya said where you get flagged for rename another time after your initial one. Had it happen, just contact a GM and tell him about the bug with realm changing.
    That's correct. If you faction change you get free rename. If you both transferred and faction changed - you will have to change name twice. So do not use the actual name the first time you change it while editing the looks of your character.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Was it on an RP/RP-Pvp server? If so then it might not have met someones idea of an "Rp name" which has happened to me before.