Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucious View Post
    Most likely fall in something around the $1000-1300 range.
    I just quoted this system to another guy, which came out to about $920. That right there is sort of the sweet spot for price/performance. If you're willing to spend that much, I'd take that build, throw in an SSD (Change HDD from Black model to Blue model), and maybe look at a 670.

However, I currently use a lower card than that (GeForce 660) and with that CPU, I can run 25mans at effectively 60fps stable on Ultra.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    don't feel pushed to do so but it is well worth it
    for 1 grand you can have quite a solid rig to last you some time.
    This. 100 times this. I spent in that neighborhood and my computer is still kicking. It is due for some upgrades but it's been a few years since it was pieced together. The suggestion I have is that you read the reviews for the components your looking at and never be afraid to ask anyone here for recommendations or advice. Also keep cooling in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I can run 25mans at effectively 60fps stable on Ultra.
    Now you're just dangling the carrot!

Thanks for the help though.