Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The game with the best online community?

Which game is it?

Doesn't even have to be a multiplayer game.

By "best" I mean: active and mature.

Discuss!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh...that's a good one. It depends on the game itself of course. For me multiple games come to mind.

Here's my list:

• Pokemon Gold/Silver (at the time of its release): Gamefaqs' Pokemon Game Board and Serebii.net.
    • Tales of Symphonia (at the time it was released in the US and well after ToA and ToL were released): The Offcial Tales Forum. Still very active almost 10 years later.
    • World of Warcraft (past to present): MMO-C. 'Nuff said.
    • Metal Gear Solid 1 (Up until the Gamecube port): The Gamefaqs Game Board.
    • The Ace Attorney Games: Court Records.
    • The Fire Emblem Games: Serenes Forest.

That's my list based on my own experiences. Notice none of the Final Fantasy Games are listed. Throw around FFVII or FFX specifically on Gamefaqs and you got yourself a potential flame war. I also left out the Call of Duty games for similar reasons.Gold and Silver is to the Pokemon Fanbase what Vanilla and TBC is to WoW Fans.

I'm not expecting anyone else to have a similar list.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Final Fantasy XI back in 2006 had one of the most mature and respectable communities I have ever seen. In fact, when most people wrote reviews for it they generally mentioned the community. As the game has got easier, the quality of the people has went down though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Eve online?
    The troll level is insane on the forums, but the community it-self much more mature than WoW's.

Oh and i need to mention Goonswarns, Trolling level - 100. Goons are main generator of lulz, butthurt and rage in all Eve-Online.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2013-05-12 at 03:32 PM.

EVE online has always impressed me, they have corps. dedicated to helping newbies.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Final Fantasy XI back in 2006 had one of the most mature and respectable communities I have ever seen. In fact, when most people wrote reviews for it they generally mentioned the community. As the game has got easier, the quality of the people has went down though.

FFXIV also....but it went by faster, it started when the announcement of ARR released -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I loved the community even if people were like omg the Japanese won't invite me to their PTs! I had a blast playing with people from other countries, it was my first MMO that was like that. I only played a mud and EQ1 before that. I met Japanese people that barely spoke English, but would still find ways of helping me out. When I played FFXIV I didn't notice the community being bad, I guess we'll see how it is in ARR.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

League of Legends, fo sho'.

Realistically, the game with the best community I've ever played might be RIFT, after all of the 'OMG WOW IS SHIT' people calmed down, and all of the ''OMG THIS GAME SUCKS I QUIT BB" actually got round to quitting.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Indeed I've heard good things about the Eve community. I guess it has to be, given that the game has such a steep learning curve... keeps most of the non-serious people away.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Gw2 has also a nice community

Eve has a great community, as does The Secret World. WoW's community depends on your realm; I played mostly on Runetotem and the community is very small and tight-knit.

The TES4 modding community is pretty nice.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Deleted
    My favorite would be NEdesigns.com, which is a small community of player of Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 & 2. They still make great stuff in those now more than 10 year old games. It's a lot better than the average usual internet community as you can generally be critical without getting your head ripped of.
    From what I learned, smaller and tight-knit groups are the best compared to the mass hell hole the internet often is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Eve has a great community, as does The Secret World. WoW's community depends on your realm; I played mostly on Runetotem and the community is very small and tight-knit.
    I used to play on RT too, was a good server. Shame the raiding scene is next to dead, I really liked it there.

OT: I played Rift for a while and the folks there were generally pretty nice and helpful. Haven't really played many other mmo's besides wow. All the love for Eve here is making me want to try it :P
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    [*]The Fire Emblem Games: Serenes Forest
    ermagerd, this is a thing? Have been playing FE since, well since the rest of the world other than Japan has had it, so 03? Never had access to any good, reliable communities for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trackmania, people are generally really nice and willing to help those who are new to the game.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

Most indie games have amazing communities, since they're small and filled with fans. I've also seen some great communities in some F2P ''build your own town'' games, ones where its actually pretty important to have friends and be polite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although it no longer exists, I'd have to say SWG.

Never again, will I see people form a neat single file line to receive a buff from 1 person.

Even when camping a rare add to kill, people would wait in turn to kill it lol (remember this from one of the expansions on the lava planet).

Deleted
    Quake 2 and Half-Life 1 era. Damn, I miss those days...