Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    id have to say that the World of Tanks community is by far and large the most civil. i also give them a little bit extra recognition simply because its a f2p game and its pvp oriented. most pvp oriented games ive played have been complete shit in terms of how people act/react.

every now and then you get the one smartass who's running their mouth about how everyone sucks but its far and few between. probably one of the few games ive played where i remember far more positive experiences than i do negative ones

EVE and The Secret World by far the best MMO communities for me. Twisting Nether-EU back in WoW Vanilla was awesome too. To be honest, now that I think about it there great people in every game. Most memorable communities for me also are Face of Mankind (although it can be a hit or miss situation in this game from time to time) and All Point's Bulletin original beta (Reloaded beta too).

Forums tend to be more trollish and negative in every game, it's the in-game community that matters. Huge example is the original Darkfall. Forums were literally hell, there was a reason they were called Forumfall. However, in-game people were nice and very helpful to me in general.

Probably a game hardly anyone plays, but the ones that do are devote. It seems the more mainstream something is, the worse the community is.

Deleted
    Games that come with a paywall (monthly subscriptions) usually have a lot nicer and mature community - see Rift, STO (pre-F2P era), EVE and especially The Secret World (haven't played since they turned f2p).

Worst: CoD. By a huge amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    FFXIV also....but it went by faster, it started when the announcement of ARR released -_-
    Where do we see this currently?? I will say that since I started playing WoW back in 2006/07 the change in the player base has gone from everyone wanting to help to people taking every opportunity to flame someone that comes up. I remember when I first started playing meeting a group of people in either mana tombs or sethek halls and saying how much I wanted to learn how to tank (I was a paladin mind then mind you) and that same group of people staying with me through Karazhan! We were in seperate guilds on Bloodscalp-US at the time. Now people will "ninja" roll on an item just because they know they won't ever have to see you again and it could be something that is purely for an Xmog purpose and this same item could have placed your newly 90 alt into LFR for the first time to begin gearing. I would definitely say that outside of the game the WoW community is amazing! From MMO-champ to WoWhead, and WoWwiki, this game has an amazing player based community. It's just an abortion in game. =P

With the recent news that RIFT is going F2P, I fear iit's community is very likely to decline
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

I will always remember the Gw2 community during beta and early launch period. The people were out standing , the talks in /all chat were always interesting and felt like large scale conversations with people only talking if they had anything to say and people were always helpful. I assume it has gotten a hell of a lot worse since I stopped playing, but damn it was good then.

I alot of single player games have good communities on there forums and I found interacting with The witcher 2 one to be a pleasant experience when I had one or two questions to ask