View Poll Results: Which regions have the most subscribers?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Asia > West US > EU

    26 41.94%
  • West US > Asia > EU

    2 3.23%
  • EU > Asia > West US

    3 4.84%
  • Asia > EU > West US

    15 24.19%
  • West US > EU > Asia

    7 11.29%
  • EU > West US > Asia

    9 14.52%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,527
    Just a thing even if you were near at 60%, This was BEFORE china start losing millions of subs.
    3M EU.
    3M US.
    2M Asia Left.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

  2. #22
    Epic! Iceleaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Santa Destroy
    Posts
    1,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Just a thing even if you were near at 60%, This was BEFORE china start losing millions of subs.
    3M EU.
    3M US.
    2M Asia Left.
    I very very very much doubt its this way around. I would be surprised if EU server even had close to 2 million total. Specially looking at the activity levels on most realms. Maybe those active 3 million in EU are just hiding :P
    "when women wear makeup they’re basically lying to us"
    Well, I don’t see why women are being blamed if man is stupid enough to really think they have red and gold eyelids.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    What did you think?

    The image linked is based on actual numbers that were announced during shareholders calls - but they stopped seperating East and West (as the image shows its now global instead). But it will give good estimate how the playerbase is on each region mostly.
    I doubt we suddenly saw major switch like "there used to be 6 million on Asia and 4 million on west but in 2013 it flipped other way around but we aint telling!"
    My thoughts too. But for some reason people seem offended with the idea that Asia has much more subscribers than US ...

    Estimations that put the combined numbers of US and EU together higher than Asia seem to me absurd...
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ ♦ "It is easy to take insolence from those who are below you." ♦

  4. #24
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    I very very very much doubt its this way around. I would be surprised if EU server even had close to 2 million total. Specially looking at the activity levels on most realms. Maybe those active 3 million in EU are just hiding :P
    Well do still mind that Germany/France/Portugese/russians are part of the EU too and each of them have their own server list and everything :P
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,818
    That graph is more than a year out of date, I don't see how it could be used to estimate sub numbers per region now.

    Quite frankly, I don't understand why people care so much. Just play the damn game or don't.

    Rarely updated...

  6. #26
    Mechagnome SanderZammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Take a guess... no, NOT THERE! You and your dirty mind.
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Source material:

    http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

    60% of the subscribers are from Asia
    and it's not odd to assume that US has a bigger share of subscribers than the EU too.
    Just curious about that chart, what's up with the massive drop in WoW 'East' subscribers in 2009? Also, what counts as East? I believe Russia has EU servers but it stretches all the way to the eastern end of Asia.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That graph is more than a year out of date, I don't see how it could be used to estimate sub numbers per region now.

    Quite frankly, I don't understand why people care so much. Just play the damn game or don't.
    Yes, but assuming that there was turn around of subscriber ratios is rather unrealistic, no? Don't you think it would've been made very clear to us by now if Asia no longer had the massive majority of the subscriber numbers?

    As for caring? I don't ... I just wanted to poll people's estimations because I was rather surprised to see that people thought US had more subscriptions than Asia, knowing the only numbers we can go from.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ ♦ "It is easy to take insolence from those who are below you." ♦

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    It seems some people seem shocked when the numbers are pointed out to them... But here are the subscribers per region:

    Asia: 4,96 million subscribers
    West US: 1,7 million subscribers
    West EU: 1,6 million subscribers

    Total: 8,3 million subscribers.

    At least these are my reasoned estimates. If you disagree feel free to copy the template below and explain which figures you think are a better estimation.

    Asia:
    West US:
    West EU:
    I"m not interested in discussing numbers that you claim are 'reasoned estimates' that came out of your ass. Unless you have a citation for this you are full of shit.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Yes, but assuming that there was turn around of subscriber ratios is rather unrealistic, no? Don't you think it would've been made very clear to us by now if Asia no longer had the massive majority of the subscriber numbers?

    As for caring? I don't ... I just wanted to poll people's estimations because I was rather surprised to see that people thought US had more subscriptions than Asia, knowing the only numbers we can go from.
    I think people will believe what they want to and I don't see why Blizzard would automatically release some form of press release saying "Oh, hey guys! We just wanted to let anyone not in Asia know that they are now the majority!". Honestly, what does it matter where the majority is?

    The problem is that we haven't had a regional breakdown for what, 4 years now? And even then it was fairly basic. Blizzard have no obligation to release that specific information and any numbers you see are entirely estimated. Whether with reliable info or not.

    I did think it was common knowledge that Asia held more of the subscribers than the US or EU though.
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2013-05-12 at 04:17 PM.

    Rarely updated...

  10. #30
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Source material:

    http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

    60% of the subscribers are from Asia
    and it's not odd to assume that US has a bigger share of subscribers than the EU too.
    Would you look at that... Wow stopped reporting region numbers in 2010... holy shit... its 2013...

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 11:18 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    How do you reason that with this information? http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

    I'd be hard pressed to believe that there has been a balance change over the past few years. More than most likely 'East' still holds the majority of the subscriber numbers over West (US + EU) combined.

    Is it so weird to assume that the US would have more players than EU too with the population difference?

    It seems people get offended at the idea of Asia having much more subscribers than the US ...
    Seems you missed the mid 2009 Asia region number that utterly cratered... Hmm? Whats to say that hasn't happened again? Again... provide current number or all your crap is nothing but speculation.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I"m not interested in discussing numbers that you claim are 'reasoned estimates' that came out of your ass. Unless you have a citation for this you are full of shit.
    No need to get offended mate. And unless you're a kid, mind your language?

    What's so wrong with people estimating subscriber numbers?
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ ♦ "It is easy to take insolence from those who are below you." ♦

  12. #32
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Ofcourse I'm pulling numbers out of my ass, that's what people do when they make reasoned estimations. You're welcome to post your own estimations if you'd like.

    And obviously I do enjoy getting reactions from people. Would be a pretty bland forum if people didn't reply to eachother's posts. I like to encourage to debate and discussion.

    But besides that it's probably appreciated that we get to the topic of the thread instead.
    Thank you for your admission...

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Thank you for your admission...
    Ofcourse. Unless you'd have no further information or insight you'd know that my numbers are a rough estimation. I do estimate them to be not further than 10-15% from the truth though.

    It seems a good amount of people agree that my estimations are roughly correct.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ ♦ "It is easy to take insolence from those who are below you." ♦

  14. #34
    it is my reasoned estimate that all dogs are cats in disguise. also that grass is purple you just didn't look at it correctly. let's discuss these facts.
    I think i can give up choose talent in this level?
    because if i am not choose this level。 i can have 20% blood more than choosen..
    GREAT BLZ.
    warlock now became a guy use 5 level talents VS other 6 level.

  15. #35
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    No need to get offended mate. And unless you're a kid, mind your language?

    What's so wrong with people estimating subscriber numbers?
    Dont like my language? then dont read it. As far as your 'estimates' of numbers, you are attempting to use old data to fit your current position with no basis in fact. When asked for your citation you point back at numbers that are 3 years old... the games subscriber base was far different 3 years ago.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    The games subscriber base was far different 3 years ago.
    Source?

    My estimation based on numbers of the end of 2010 are going to be more correct than your estimations based on the assumption, pulled out of your ass, that the subscriber base changed a lot.

    And yes I do point back at numbers which are almost 3 years old, because they are the best available data, thus provide the best source for the most reliable estimation. Simple.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ ♦ "It is easy to take insolence from those who are below you." ♦

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Ofcourse. Unless you'd have no further information or insight you'd know that my numbers are a rough estimation. I do estimate them to be not further than 10-15% from the truth though.

    It seems a good amount of people agree that my estimations are roughly correct.
    agreeing with someone's estimate means nothing... Facts mean something... and here is a fact you are willfully ignoring... Blizzard hasn't released a regional breakdown of numbers since 2010. and here is a fact I'm going to highlight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Ofcourse I'm pulling numbers out of my ass

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  18. #38
    My estimation based on numbers of the end of 2010 are going to be more correct than your estimations based on the assumption, pulled out of your ass, that the subscriber base changed a lot.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ ♦ "It is easy to take insolence from those who are below you." ♦

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Ofcourse. Unless you'd have no further information or insight you'd know that my numbers are a rough estimation. I do estimate them to be not further than 10-15% from the truth though.

    It seems a good amount of people agree that my estimations are roughly correct.
    OK lets look at the numbers your so obsessed with.

    The last plot on the graph is 11.5 million subs.

    5.15 million West which is 44.8%
    6.35 million East which is 55.2% (and not 60% btw).

    So given your 15% possible error rate West could be 60% and East could be 40%.

    Shall we stop making up bullshit numbers now?

  20. #40
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    My estimation based on numbers of the end of 2010 are going to be more correct than your estimations based on the assumption, pulled out of your ass, that the subscriber base changed a lot.
    Just like your estimation that Blizzard stock was going to further crash on Friday? Hmm... what happened there... go look.
    Just like your estimation that most people dont like and dont do LFR? Where is your citation for that beyond your talking to a few folks....

    Hmm?

    and oh... lets see... 3 years ago there were 11.5M players... today there are 8.3M players... I'd say thats one hell of a lot of change? Maybe you disagree, Do ya?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •