View Poll Results: Which regions have the most subscribers?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Asia > West US > EU

    26 41.94%
  • West US > Asia > EU

    2 3.23%
  • EU > Asia > West US

    3 4.84%
  • Asia > EU > West US

    15 24.19%
  • West US > EU > Asia

    7 11.29%
  • EU > West US > Asia

    9 14.52%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    ITT: Asia having much more subscribers than US + EU combined, based on the last available numbers, makes some WoW players very angry.

    /facepalm

    Furthermore I did tell people to post their own estimations if they disagreed.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

  2. #42
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    ITT: Asia having much more subscribers than US + EU combined, based on the last available numbers, makes some WoW players very angry.

    /facepalm
    Doesn't make me angry... make you angry that folks dont follow your estimations of numbers you extracted from your ass blindly... I'll tell you why... they stink.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    ITT: Asia having much more subscribers than US + EU combined, based on the last available numbers, makes some WoW players very angry.

    /facepalm
    No people making up stuff just to be sensesational makes some people angry (I am not in any way angry btw) I am not 12, I don't get "angry" on internet forums

    I just like calling out people who just randomly make up shit.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Doesn't make me angry... make you angry that folks dont follow your estimations of numbers you extracted from your ass blindly... I'll tell you why... they stink.
    I'm not angry. I'm just laughing with why you get so offended at the idea that US only has 20-25% of the total subscriber numbers at best.

    I don't think they stink. I think that they're pretty damn accurate and nobody has been able to bring up any argumentation as to why the estimation is to be disregarded up to the point of being ridiculed. If you pay close attention you'll notice that the West and East numbers followed the same trends, they go up and down approximately the same without any big differences, both markets seem to react very similar.

    Now if you can't do anything else but moan and repeat "Pulled out of your ass!", several times. Then well yes, thanks we get to point now, move along, or post your own estimates and let people discuss the numbers.

    You don't like people discussing estimation of numbers well then follow your own advice, kid:
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Dont like it? dont read it.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

  5. #45
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I'm not angry. I'm just laughing with why you get so offended at the idea that US only has 20-25% of the total subscriber numbers at best.

    I don't think they stink. I think that they're pretty damn accurate and nobody has been able to bring up any argumentation as to why the estimation is to be disregarded up to the point of being ridiculed. If you pay close attention you'll notice that the West and East numbers followed the same trends, they go up and down approximately the same without any big differences, both markets seem to react very similar.

    Now if you can't do anything else but moan and repeat "Pulled out of your ass!", several times. Then well yes, thanks we get to point now, move along, or post your own estimates and let people discuss the numbers.

    You don't like people discussing estimation of numbers well then follow your own advice, kid:
    20-25% you say, prove it, dont estimate it, prove it. Or, its garbage.

    Newsflash... I can estimate that there are 3 silver teapots orbiting Jupiter right now... Prove me wrong... thats exactly the same logic you are using.

    When YOU make a claim YOU have the burden of proof, I dont have the burden to prove you wrong... you have the burden to prove you right... and using 3 year old data isn't proof, nor is getting group of people to agree with you. Until which time Blizzard provides a breakdown by region again, then your claim can not be proven, nor can your 'estimations' be given any credence. Period.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2013-05-12 at 04:56 PM.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  6. #46
    Guys, it's pretty obvious that all statistics (official and unofficial) all these years pointing out that most subscribers come from Asia. Americas and Europe (including Russia and every other EU localization) are pretty close, however Americas seem to be ahead.
    Simply look at server status
    http://www.battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/status
    That's China ALONE, not including the other Asian realms, AFTER the server merges last year....

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    20-25% you say, prove it, dont estimate it, prove it. Or, its garbage.

    Newsflash... I can estimate that there are 3 silver teapots orbiting Jupiter right now... Prove me wrong... thats exactly the same logic you are using.

    When YOU make a claim YOU have the burden of proof, I dont have the burden to prove you wrong... you have the burden to prove you right... and using 3 year old data isn't proof, nor is getting group of people to agree with you. Until which time Blizzard provides a breakdown by region again, then your claim can not be proven, nor can your 'estimations' be given any credence. Period.
    Nobody is talking about facts or evidence or prooving or disprooving anything. Read again and get a grip... We're talking about estimations here. Wether you think estimations are garbage or not is up to you, but nobody gives a fuck, really nor is that the subject of this thread.

    I simply decided to use the last available numbers for my estimation. Problem? Got a better source to make estimations?

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 05:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    Guys, it's pretty obvious that all statistics (official and unofficial) all these years pointing out that most subscribers come from Asia. Americas and Europe (including Russia and every other EU localization) are pretty close, however Americas seem to be ahead.
    Simply look at server status
    http://www.battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/status
    That's China ALONE, not including the other Asian realms, AFTER the server merges last year....
    Exactly.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

  8. #48
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Nobody is talking about facts or evidence or prooving or disprooving anything. Read again and get a grip... We're talking about estimations here. Wether you think estimations are garbage or not is up to you, but nobody gives a fuck, really nor is that the subject of this thread.

    I simply decided to use the last available numbers for my estimation. Problem? Got a better source to make estimations?

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 05:01 PM ----------



    Exactly.
    To borrow a quote from Hillary Clinton recently, 'What difference at this point does it make?' What difference does it make how many subs are in each region? Does it affect you playing the game any if there are 1.2M Chinese playing instead of 1.5M? Seriously?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    To borrow a quote from Hillary Clinton recently, 'What difference at this point does it make?' What difference does it make how many subs are in each region? Does it affect you playing the game any if there are 1.2M Chinese playing instead of 1.5M? Seriously?
    If it doesn't interest you then leave the thread alone.

    Others might be interested in estimating the subscription numbers or discussing them. Who died and made you the forum police?
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    To borrow a quote from Hillary Clinton recently, 'What difference at this point does it make?' What difference does it make how many subs are in each region? Does it affect you playing the game any if there are 1.2M Chinese playing instead of 1.5M? Seriously?
    If it makes no difference then why are you here throwing around insults? As for someone pulling figures out of their ass I don't think you are in any position to criticise.

  11. #51
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    If it doesn't interest you then leave the thread alone.

    Others might be interested in estimating the subscription numbers or discussing them. Who died and made you the forum police?
    Tell me, I"m dying to know... what became of your thread about the stock drop the day after the earnings call? how come you dont come back there and discuss the stock climb the following day? Could it be that doesn't fit your preconception, and it is counter to the claims you made?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    I very very very much doubt its this way around. I would be surprised if EU server even had close to 2 million total. Specially looking at the activity levels on most realms. Maybe those active 3 million in EU are just hiding :P
    What everyone forgets is that there is a very big difference in the amount of players who have subs for Wow and how many players actually login regularly.

    There was an interview with Mike Morhaime during Wrath where he admitted that only around 50% of subscribers login more than once per month, and that was something Blizzard wanted to try to fix.

    If u keep that fact in mind then whatever the subs figure is then around half of them are actually actively still playing.

  13. #53
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    What everyone forgets is that there is a very big difference in the amount of players who have subs for Wow and how many players actually login regularly.

    There was an interview with Mike Morhaime during Wrath where he admitted that only around 50% of subscribers login more than once per month, and that was something Blizzard wanted to try to fix.

    If u keep that fact in mind then whatever the subs figure is then around half of them are actually actively still playing.
    And here, despite my many disagreements with you, I DO agree with you here... Subs doesn't equal how many log in, nor how often.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    To borrow a quote from Hillary Clinton recently, 'What difference at this point does it make?' What difference does it make how many subs are in each region? Does it affect you playing the game any if there are 1.2M Chinese playing instead of 1.5M? Seriously?
    Any discussion about the number of active subs is ultimately irrelevant to an individual consumer, but that doesn't stop people from posting fifty bajillion threads about it.

    Why are regional distinctions relevant? Because cultural factors can greatly affect the success or failure of any game, and because the Asian payment system operates very differently than the US/EU one.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Source material:

    http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

    60% of the subscribers are from Asia
    and it's not odd to assume that US has a bigger share of subscribers than the EU too.
    That is no source rofl, the data set has end point of 31.12.2011

  16. #56
    Where is the line drawn between East and West? For all we know, the line could follow the GMT standard and the majority of Europe be cast as "East".

  17. #57
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Source material:

    http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

    60% of the subscribers are from Asia
    and it's not odd to assume that US has a bigger share of subscribers than the EU too.
    But most Q-reports after those numbers had the majority of losses in the Asian regions.

    I'd think it's more like:
    Asia: 4.0 million
    West US: 2.2 million
    West EU: 2.1 million

    But I just made those numbers up.

  18. #58
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,100
    This thread is just bickering at this point, and the premise is based on made-up numbers anyway, so I'm closing this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •