Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If the devs took this attitude, we wouldn't have a game at all.
    Fixed that for you. The less the devs listen to the rabidly vocal minority like the OP and so many other people here, the better since it's obvious these people have no business sense and would make a game that would exclude most of the players.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-05-12 at 07:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulli View Post
    What are you talking about. Wotlk dungeons were faceroll from day one. Most Mobs did the Same numeric damage as the level 70 ones.
    Don't think you played WotLK since start. Since dungeons got nerf'd pretty hardcore since start.

Quote Originally Posted by Antti View Post
    So what could you do all the time in vanilla/bc?
    Stand in cities looking for that healer or tank to do a 5-man instance with, which will turn out to not drop the one item you want, utterly wasting your time (No VPs or JPs, right?), did this very thing many times back in vanilla, it was good for its time, but this is several years later on, nowadays people want to spend more time killing mobs than they spend looking for people to go mob-killing with, the young whipper-snappers! [beats ground with walking stick]

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Is it really the vocal minority though? I mean, it's hard to say that the majority are pleased when the subscription numbers are falling at the rate they are. Obviously the age of the game has more to do with that than anything, but why such a harsh drop so suddenly? Why did the game stop growing in WotLK?
    No I'm pretty sure it's a vocal minority that want super hard dungeons and raids to keep "the casuals" away from gear. I think the recent sub loss is more due to boring-ass dailies and hard normal raids that make people not bother to play (and no, super easy LFR isn't the solution). From the years I've lurked and read forums, the forums always have a large amount of really loud posters that bring up what's wrong, and this forum seems to have a much higher than average amount of "good" and well-progressed players that constantly berate those beneath them and strongly hint that raids should be exclusive content not meant for everyone again.

So yeah, it's a vocal minority, and their opinions should be dismissed without a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Antti View Post
    So what could you do all the time in vanilla/bc?
    Stuff. In Vanilla there really wasn't any hurry to do this and that, you just played and had fun.

I too enjoyed attunements but one think I'd like if they were to come back would be 'account-bound' attunement. Could maybe do the quest line over again with another char but it wouldn't be required.

Oh look, another one of these.

Attunements were nothing more but a pre-planned progression route.
    There are complaints about the current expectation to grind out reputations as a route for gearing up for raid content, but really why are attunements considered so much better when were even more limiting.

The Valor Point gearing system is far from perfect, primarily in that the gear offered by the reputations takes way too much of a grind to obtain and should imo be from justice points or at least having a significantly reduced reputation requirement. Maybe both.
    But what it does offer is a guaranteed result, the ability to get an upgrade denied by RNG.

The problem with heroic dungeon difficulty is where they are meant to be, pre-raid content.
    They are meant to be a stepping stone between normal difficulty dungeons and normal difficulty raiding.
    Is their difficulty too low because the difficulty of LFR is too low, or are they simply in the wrong place.
    That is the question you really need to be asking.
    Some were certainly too hard previously, and were appealing to the hardcore audience, the sadistic almost.
    Those were simply something else entirely.

The colour of a rarity has meant little for a long time.
    There were world drops, craftables and others sources for epics which were trivial to obtain compared to the raid ones.
    Really that colour NEVER meant anything, with even some Legendaries dictated more by RNG on loot drops than skill.

There was always something to do, because it took so damn long to do it.
    The community formed was out of necessity, it was not through choice.
    40m raids were not convenient, but only formed because there was NO other choice.

Now players have choice, look at the result.
    Look how many gravitate towards 10m rather than 25m for a single reason, because it is easier to organise.
    The player base is taking the route of least resistance, because they can.
    Because they choose to.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-05-12 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you, OP. There'll be those who keep talking about rose-tinted glasses and those who will do anything to tell themselves this game's lifecycle has long past due, but those of us who were addicted back then, will know there was a certain quality that diminished once WotLK came about. Don't get me wrong, I liked WotLK, but it was no where near as cocaine-ish as BC/Van, and not because the game felt old. Northrend was new remember. Even if the older version of the game was horribly balanced and crappy on paper, it was still crappy on paper. It had magic to it and that wasn't because the game was new - 3-4 years old at the time.

That being said, I don't want the game to return to '07 or even '08 period. I'd like them to reinvent what the new addiction will be. LFR and convenience isn't it.