View Poll Results: Would you still play?

Voters
387. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    93 24.03%
  • No

    257 66.41%
  • Maybe - Not Sure

    37 9.56%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    How shocking, yet another MMO champ poll to tell us what we already know (as the results so far show).

    OP, when will you and your ilk realize these rose colored visions of WoW are shared by the minority?

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Since raiding wouldn't really be affected and I don't pvp / don't care about the alt changes: probably yes.
    Would miss LFD & flying in Azeroth though.

    The really interesting question would be: how many peeps would be playing if these things WERE NEVER INTRODUCED in the first place.
    Less than 8.3m? definitely.
    Was going to say something like this, but this says it pretty well. My answer was no simply because of time restraints and the fact that a lot of these problems stem from the community itself, rather than the design of the game. Lack of community interaction cannot be solely blamed on LFR/LFD. Sure it sets up an environment where you so infrequently meet the same individual that some asshats act like...well asshats. But they were asshats already, which is the problem.

    Any person could start up old school trade groups and go rock dungeons by walking there if they wanted to. Why would you do that if you can queue you say? See, the issue is you. You CAN do it, you choose not to because it would just slow you down. "But I want to, just nobody else does" Then the game has changed for the majority and you are left in the minority. Being a for profit company Blizzard surely isn't going to cater to the minority and make less money because...well, because that would be stupid.

    Don't get me wrong, people are fully entitled to their wants and opinions. I'm merely stating the fact that the game is changing for the larger population of players and will continue to do so because it is more profitable than the alternatives. If one does not like the changes, try a different game? There's gotta be one out there with stoneage MMO ideals, though I admit I do not know of one with a large/active enough player base off the top of my head.

  3. #43
    Herald of the Titans Eorayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,957
    Hell, I would start again if those changes were implemented. Right now and since the start of Wrath of the Lich King, the game has been lackluster face rolling. You don't have to do anything yourself any more, it's just too easy to be entertaining (at least for me, can't speak for others, but I get the feeling I am not alone). I want difficulty. And the game to me is the leveling experience. The progress elements. You shouldn't rush to level cap, like everyone seem to think..

    All those criteria are perfect for a more stabilized, and dare I say it .. better game.


    Yes, I know this is completely subjective - but why even comment if I have nothing personal to add..

  4. #44
    Herald of the Titans RoKPaNda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,730
    Nope. Never playing another MMO without a dungeon finder tool. That's the #1 thing that killed SWTOR for me, and by the time they added it, I was already sick of the game. I like LFR also.

    Not interested in the mount changes, absolutely not. I very clearly remember having to run to dire maul and RFK/RFD in vanilla and it wasn't a fun experience. Even with a level 40 mount it took forever and a day.

  5. #45
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,242
    Some I wouldn't mind, but most I would. I don't have much time to sink into the game these days, reverting some of the changes to these would all but put a stop to me making any meaningful progress with my gametime, so i would probably end up just stopping.

  6. #46
    Herald of the Titans Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,541
    I would probably still play. I mean, I lived through the BC era and it wasn't terrible. Not great either seeing what is available now... but meh, I still enjoy the game.

    What I don't understand, and this was something brought up by Aang... How exactly did Blizzard damage the community? The way I see it, Blizzard gave us options and the players chose to use them. We don't have to use LFR, LFD, Flying Mounts or any of that. Problem is, we choose to. If anything, the players are the ones to blame for using these features. Sadly, we choose the path of least resistance and Blizzard gets blamed for it. It's all rather funny to me.


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  7. #47
    Stood in the Fire KBWarriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    477
    I'm strongly for bringing back the glory days of World of Warcraft. I'll go by each one of these one by one.

    Stuff I Agree With
    No mounts for under 40, @40 60% ground mounts, at 60 100% speed. 70 for the first flying mounts at 60% - YES!
    Attunements return - Yes! Raids need to have that epic feel again and it makes sense to have to gather certain materials to have access to a raid. Also, the storylines were relevant and made sense.. now apparently you can just walk into the raid? If that's the case and all it took was 25 random people to walk in there, why the hell didn't 25 of the elite city guards go do it? Attunements need to make a return.
    Raids only available in either ten or twenty five man sizes (15, 40 as well?) - I don't get the 10 man raids.. why 10 people? Especially when it's a shared lockout, what was seriously the big issue with letting people run it twice a week? We had more to do and I really miss doing two GDKP runs in a week.
    Raids only have one difficulty setting - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THIS! LFR is the most nonsense BS they've ever implemented into this game. Players are so god damn entitled from this tool. They know they don't have to put forth any effort what so ever, learn their class or learn to raid and they have a fair shot at gear as the people carrying the raid. This needs to go or change ASAP.
    Class quests are re introduced for class mounts, (but are prices match todays market) - I honestly miss these quests, they made you feel like you actually earned them.
    Warlock Minion quests reintroduced -
    Manually have to visit each flight path - I see no problem with having to explore the world, I'm glad they put it back on.
    Honor cap back to 75k - This, as long as they don't put a stupid requirement on all the gear. Why the hell should we be punished by a weekly cap if we want to devote the time required? Oh wait, because all the casuals would complain that they don't have the same gear as everyone else who put more time into the game than they did. DOES YOUR BOSS PAY YOU THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY AS THE GUY WORKING 10 MORE HOURS A WEEK THAN YOU?! NO!
    Keys to raids / dungeons reintroduced - YES!

    Stuff I Don't Agree With
    LFD Removed - This is one I'm going to disagree with because I like this tool over spamming Trade over and over again. However, I would do it differently. Instead of removing it all together, the tool would only be available to people at the stone. Want to do the dungeon? Go to the summoner's stone. Additionally, for random Dungeons, you get a certain x amount of randoms a week where you don't need to visit a summoning stone.
    LFR Removed - I wouldn't remove it completely but I would do the same thing that I recommended for the LFD stones. You don't have to click on them, just be in the area (x certain amount of yards)
    Flying Mounts removed from Azeroth - I actually like being able to fly but I don't like that they've removed all immersion out of the game. Like I said, require people to visit the stone/entrance of a dungeon to queue up for it via the tool.
    Flying Mounts only available in outland, northrend and panderia, for max level, however normal flight speed is back to 60% while the rich get 280% for the sake of the argument, lets call it 108k gold to get 280 (going along the yak price) - I agree on this except for the 108k. I do miss the grind and to get that 5k but 108k might be a little excessive for most people.
    No more CRZ - What's wrong with CRZ? Just punish people who gank 24/7 or restrict people from ganking. If you bring back immersion in the world, there would be appropriate level World PvP. I enjoy CRZ and seeing people from other servers.
    No more cross server invites / groups - Why not? Some people enjoy playing with their friends from other servers.
    Specific Battle groups reintroduced - I think what you mean by this is server specific battle groups? Queues for BGs used to be god awful because of this and thank god they changed it. However, it would be so nice to play with EU English and English people only =( I don't know a word of Portuguese.
    Dailies Removed - Why not? They're optional content @ max level (as long as they don't pull an early MoP and make them mandatory.
    No ingame markers for quests - This I don't agree with at all.. before there were no in game markers for quests, we all just spent most of our time alt-tabbing to WoWhead and Thottbot. People aren't going to read any of the quests.
    No EXP in battle grounds - Eh, there's nothing wrong with people using BGs as a source of leveling, except lowbie BGs are so unbearably unbalanced for anyone not covered in BoAs. I would fully support stat scaling however as if you were a 14.
    No EXP for nodes (Mining Herb etc) - Why not? This provides an alternate leveling route for people who don't want to quest/grind and the experience is horridly minimal. People who level via this way are insanely determined.
    Heirlooms removed - People who have a max level character want to reach the maximum level cap quicker. I find nothing wrong with having BoA gear in the game.
    No random BG option - Oh come on now, why does this need removed?
    Achievements completely removed - A lot of people are Achievement hunters and enjoy achievements.

  8. #48
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,778
    You do understand that if you don't like these features, you don't have to use them.

    Right?

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    How shocking, yet another MMO champ poll to tell us what we already know (as the results so far show).

    OP, when will you and your ilk realize these rose colored visions of WoW are shared by the minority?
    So you could tell me the direct ratio before it was created?

    And what the hell is ilk?

    And rose colored?

    I didn't specify once my "vision" of wow you complete and utter plank

    Go crawl back under your rock

    Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-05-12 at 05:44 PM.

  10. #50
    [LFD Removed, --Could not live with this I am a tank, and so have always gotten insta queues and instant groups before LFD, but this has only been good for players
    LFR Removed, --could live with this
    Flying Mounts removed from Azeroth, --would not want to live with this but could
    Flying Mounts only available in outland, northrend and panderia, for max level, however normal flight speed is back to 60% while the rich get 280% for the sake of the argument, lets call it 108k gold to get 280 (going along the yak price) --Price WAY too high, and I'm one who typically has the gold for things. For 310% maybe, but not 280
    No mounts for under 40, @40 60% ground mounts, at 60 100% speed. 70 for the first flying mounts at 60% --NO NO NO
    Attunements return --I don't particularly care about this
    No more CRZ --I don't particularly care about htis
    No more cross server invites / groups --NO, I like this feature, especially since it isn't for current tier
    Specific Battle groups reintroduced --No particular feelings
    Dailies Removed --Wouldn't be much to do when I'm not raiding if this were done.
    Raids only available in either ten or twenty five man sizes (15, 40 as well?)--One or the other? No, this would be a bad thing for the game
    Raids only have one difficulty setting--No, this would be bad for the game as you would cut your raider base to EITHER casuals or HARDCORES; if you cut out the hard modes the Hardcores will leave, and then the casuals will follow, trust me, and the other way around the casuals leave.
    Class quests are re introduced for class mounts, (but are prices match todays market) --Sure, I like this
    Warlock Minion quests reintroduced --Yes
    Manually have to visit each flight path --They already did this didn't they?
    No ingame markers for quests --Um, NO, I don't want to have to get questhelper again, which is what we would all do
    No EXP in battle grounds --I see no reason that this would be good,
    No EXP for nodes (Mining Herb etc) --Again, where's the bad
    Heirlooms removed, --Um, No, I like having alts to fiddle with, it's 90 levels now, no reason to make it longer for those of us who have done the grind
    Honor cap back to 75k --Why?
    No random BG option --Why?
    Keys to raids / dungeons reintroduced --They are doing this in some ways, can't get into ToES until you kill Empress...What's the difference?
    Achievements completely removed--Why? what's the point

    Not all of you ideas are bad, but all together, there's no way I'd keep playing.

  11. #51
    Soooo remove everything about the game except exploration and quests? Stupid.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You do understand that if you don't like these features, you don't have to use them.

    Right?
    If thats directed at me (again), I don't know how I can make it any more "in your face" that I never said I didn't like any features

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 06:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Snip

    Not all of you ideas are bad, but all together, there's no way I'd keep playing.
    Not ideas I want by any means, just generalizing and food for thought

  13. #53
    Scarab Lord UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,158
    Personally, I've already played the game before the majority of this was introduced but I wouldn't do it again. Some of it I wouldn't mind but some of it would just greatly irritate me.

    I also kinda feel bad for you, OP, people don't quite seem to understand what the thread is, or just didn't read it correctly :S

    Sometimes updated...

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    So you could tell me the direct ratio before it was created?

    And what the hell is ilk?

    And rose colored?

    I didn't specify once my "vision" of wow you complete and utter plank

    Go crawl back under your rock

    Yes, you don't need a poll to know that a large majority of the player base would quit if the quality of life additions you speak of were removed. As for what those terms and words mean, I advise you to check out a dictionary.

  15. #55
    The Lightbringer Blitzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Well you get those morons that need to "go for the achievement" on raid bosses and then you wipe umpteen times because you have to kill ALZYRAZORAYZRZYRA while dancing with the boss and not taking any damage from the aoe on the ground that covers 99% of the floor oh and you need to do all of this while eating. And usually 8 of the 10 people don't even want this, but guild/raid leader's fat fuck of a GF is an achivement whore...
    Lmao. Got a good laugh from the last part.

    I honestly don't care about how this game is, but I like the mount idea. Flying mounts only allowed in Areas it was originally introduced in.
    “It is either easy or impossible.” - Salvador Dali

    WoW characters:
    Greed [Priest] -
    Jax [Paladin] -
    Vega [Rogue]

  16. #56
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Just to make it a lil more clear, the following list isn't what I want, its a "What If" thread more than anything

    So this last week, more threads than usual have been popping up about the past how good the game was, things they want changing etc, so lets say the following happens,

    LFD Removed,
    LFR Removed,
    Flying Mounts removed from Azeroth,
    Flying Mounts only available in outland, northrend and panderia, for max level, however normal flight speed is back to 60% while the rich get 280% for the sake of the argument, lets call it 108k gold to get 280 (going along the yak price)
    No mounts for under 40, @40 60% ground mounts, at 60 100% speed. 70 for the first flying mounts at 60%
    Attunements return
    No more CRZ
    No more cross server invites / groups
    Specific Battle groups reintroduced
    Dailies Removed
    Raids only available in either ten or twenty five man sizes (15, 40 as well?)
    Raids only have one difficulty setting
    Class quests are re introduced for class mounts, (but are prices match todays market)
    Warlock Minion quests reintroduced
    Manually have to visit each flight path
    No ingame markers for quests
    No EXP in battle grounds
    No EXP for nodes (Mining Herb etc)
    Heirlooms removed,
    Honor cap back to 75k
    No random BG option
    Keys to raids / dungeons reintroduced
    Achievements completely removed

    Okay they're in a random order but of the top of my head, if those changes were implemented, or should I say reverted to, be honest would you still play?

    I don't think half the people who have been bitching and moaning would,

    So would you?

    (Poll inc)
    of your list, I'd remove CRZ...

    remove the rest? yea... I'd unsub my 3 accounts faster than a crackfiend with a new rock... and I'd be on the phone to my broker to dump all my ATVI stock quicker than you can blink, why? because I am reasonably certain that I wouldn't be the only one leaving en masse.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  17. #57
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,747
    When will people understand that people that want all those shitty inconviences back are in the minority, thus IDGF how much they cry about how they want 2004 back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Gamers 10 years ago: Shitty WoW comments on Thottbot.
    Gamers today: Shitty WoW comments everywhere else but Thottbot.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Yes, you don't need a poll to know that a large majority of the player base would quit if the quality of life additions you speak of were removed. As for what those terms and words mean, I advise you to check out a dictionary.
    maybe I should of better separated those two lines, as I was only referring to ilk, and after searching it, touché -.-

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 06:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    When will people understand that people that want all those shitty inconviences back are in the minority, thus IDGF how much they cry about how they want 2004 back.
    Again, not crying, did you not see the great big line in bold and underlined?

  19. #59
    In short, returning to a vanilla state of WoW. Remove the icing, the chocolate and the caramel and all you have is an old game. A bit like playing WC1 after you just went through WC3 and you can't select more than 4 units anymore, or something.

    Would I still play? Probably not. Not because it'd annoy me, but because I feel over the years I have contributed to the development of said features in WOW, and in some cases I have put a lot of time in them. Just removing them for no good reason (because there is no good reason) would feel like a death blow to WOW and a robbery of the time and money I put in this game. I play and pay for the game to PROCEED, not to go back in time. Been there done that, I want new stuff. Not old stuff.

    That said, I don't think removing any of these things will "fix" anything either, any perceived problem is related to something completely else anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Well you get those morons that need to "go for the achievement" on raid bosses and then you wipe umpteen times because you have to kill ALZYRAZORAYZRZYRA while dancing with the boss and not taking any damage from the aoe on the ground that covers 99% of the floor oh and you need to do all of this while eating. And usually 8 of the 10 people don't even want this, but guild/raid leader's fat fuck of a GF is an achivement whore...
    Well, with an attitude like that, this "GF" here would kick your ass out of our guild so fast you can't even say "achiev" (has it occured to you that we're not all "GFs of...." (and often, "BF of..." is a lot more accurate anyway) - we're actually players, LIKE YOU, and in any case a lot more awesome to be around than you clearly are, why are you so incredibly toxic?). That I don't even know what kind of guild you're in if that's how shit is being done there but it's likely nothing world-class or even fun to be in if it turned you into someone like that. Stop generalizing all female players because you suck at communication in your guild or because your guild is shit about stuff like this. You make yourself look like a frustrated, lonely little boy.

    No flame intended, but female/gf generalization simply has to end. I'm so tired of being treated differently because I have boobs or being looked down upon and not even daring to open my mouth in frigging Vent because of people like you. Go away. I outplay 95% players I meet and that's in competitive environments. I'm nice to be around, I don't flame anyone, and I always have tons of laughs with my guildies, just like a guy would. And I'm getting married because I, unlike a lot of desperate boys in this game that are intend on making my life hell, am not stuck in my parents' basement playing this game 24/7 in a 2/13 normal guild. Deal with it.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-05-12 at 06:03 PM.

  20. #60
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    maybe I should of better separated those two lines, as I was only referring to ilk, and after searching it, touché -.-

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 06:49 PM ----------



    Again, not crying, did you not see the great big line in bold and underlined?
    Im wasnt talking about you, Im talking in general, people need to stop careing to much about the minority that effectivly cry that they basicly want 2004 back. I never mentioned you in my post did I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Gamers 10 years ago: Shitty WoW comments on Thottbot.
    Gamers today: Shitty WoW comments everywhere else but Thottbot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •