Poll: Would you still play?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Well you get those morons that need to "go for the achievement" on raid bosses and then you wipe umpteen times because you have to kill ALZYRAZORAYZRZYRA while dancing with the boss and not taking any damage from the aoe on the ground that covers 99% of the floor oh and you need to do all of this while eating. And usually 8 of the 10 people don't even want this, but guild/raid leader's fat fuck of a GF is an achivement whore...
    No offense, but mindlessly killing farm bosses using same tactics again and again will get boring after a few times, those achievements are there to give a possibility to kill the boss using a different strategy.

I would still play... Flying mounts ruin the exploration of zones.... Also I still laugh at the dont remove lfr, casuals who don't have the time to join guilds I raid still should be able to raid on their own time... I'm sorry but if you consider lfr a raid... Then wow... I still think lfr should award blues. Lfr = loot ship(x) number of bosses.

I loved vanilla days when I had my epics, it actually felt like I earned something not handed to me... You can't find time to do raids well that's your issue.

Also they need to bring back rank requirements for pvp gear... Actually make it fun... Not see scrubs in full pvp sets who still back pedal and trinket sap.
    Last edited by kilj; 2013-05-12 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    I loved vanilla days when I had my epics, it actually felt like I earned something not handed to me... You can't find time to do raids well that's your issue
    Really, out of 40 people you honestly think you earned something not handed to you?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Only things on that list that would even be remotely good are the removal of CRZ and the reintroduction of class quests. All of the other changes listed have made the game better, whether people want to admit it or not.

Deleted
    I would still play even if the majority of those QoL features were removed from the game.

However, some features would have a good impact in the game and the community, if they were made server exclusive:
    -LFD/LFR (granted, we would have longer queue waiting times)

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of those I am personally indifferent to, but overall I think the removal of them would be a really bad idea.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Fuck yes I would play, I need some kind of a rewarding feeling in games - Keep achievements though, they're cool.

for some reason, the poll on these sorts of threads always ends up looking like it's giving the middle finger.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Some of those I am personally indifferent to, but overall I think the removal of them would be a really bad idea.
    The reality is that they won't be removed. Yeah as much as I am for it, I do understand that risk taking in business isn't exactly the thing a company should be doing all the time and that's fine. I enjoyed WoW for what it was and now I don't, I respect the game to the max.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    So OP you want to remove all of what blizzard changes to improve the game?

Idk if you played or so clouded by nostalgia but vanilla wow sucked. It was terrible compared to what it is now. It was so grand because it was new. A lot of the stuff you listed now are staples of what MMOs need to have at shipping or people cry out, ie SWTOR.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    I loved vanilla days when I had my epics, it actually felt like I earned something not handed to me... You can't find time to do raids well that's your issue.
    It makes me wonder if you truly raided in Vanilla...what I remember from that time was tanks, healers and some of the dps carrying many slackers and still clearing most of the content up to Naxx. I remember raid size reduction in TBC being a shock because suddenly every raid spot mattered and you realized a third of your guild members were worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    "World PVP Enthusiasts" (Read as: Gank Wankers) QQ because everyone has flying mounts and they can't kill people.

Flying Mounts removed.

"World PVP enthusiasts" complain because there's nobody to gank, as everyone quits the game.

Nah, every idea in the OP is idiotic. I played in BC. BC was fun because I was new and stupid and being new and stupid contributes a lot to immersion. With the same set of knowledge and goals that I have now, BC would have been too frustrating to be worth playing.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Not once did I type that, I made a "What If" post, not a I WANT THIS THIS THIS AND THAT BACK TO HOW IT WAS

As I say I've noticed over this last week a increasing amount (more than usual) of people whining about how good the game was in Vin / TBC and want things like LFR removed, so I made the thread to get a general overview, if it was reverted (as you say, a pre bc style at 90) would people still play,

The only thing I want is honest answers to see what people on here atleast do want
    I think you should add on: "Leveling from 90-95 takes 2-3 months". People seem to forget that some of the fun involved with Vanilla/BC (For the record, I did play since launch) was that it was all new, it was an experience to run a 15man UBRS raid and still have it take 45 mins. Nowadays people get pissy if they aren't given everything on a silver platter. If they were to hypothetically do all the things in your OP the game would likely be abandoned within 2 patches. Back then it would take months to go from 1-60 if you were a casual, and gearing up at level 60 wasn't just "OMG PURPLZ I NEED", people didn't mind having blues and spent weeks farming sets like Tier0.

I voted yes because majority of those listed changes are things I would welcome. Some of them are a bit pointless to change with how we've progressed over the years but I'd be willing to accept them if it meant the things I really wanted changed would happen.

LFD Removed - Yes, remove

LFR Removed - Yes, remove

Flying Mounts removed from Azeroth - QoL change that I don't care about one way or the other

Flying Mounts only available in outland, northrend and panderia, for max level, however normal flight speed is back to 60% while the rich get 280% for the sake of the argument, lets call it 108k gold to get 280 (going along the yak price) - QoL change I don't care about since I have more than enough gold either way.

No mounts for under 40, @40 60% ground mounts, at 60 100% speed. 70 for the first flying mounts at 60% - That is fine by me having it like that.

Attunements return - God yes.

No more CRZ - God yes.

No more cross server invites / groups - This could be gotten away with if servers were merged. Due to how crappy population on some servers are there is no way they could sustain this kind of thing.

Specific Battle groups reintroduced - I always loved this aspect, knowing who you are fighting is a fun thing.

Dailies Removed - Don't really care about this change much, hate dailies, but don't really see a good reason to remove them. That and there were always daily quests, even in vanilla.

Raids only available in either ten or twenty five man sizes (15, 40 as well?) - If 25man size, then yes, if 10man size then no, I'd quit.

Raids only have one difficulty setting - For sure yes, I've been wanting this for a long ass time

Class quests are re introduced for class mounts, (but are prices match todays market) - That would be really fun. I don't think there is enough stuff class specific anymore.

Warlock Minion quests reintroduced - Sure why not, same as above

Manually have to visit each flight path - QoL change but dont care one way or another.

No ingame markers for quests - QoL change again, no real reason to remove. Everyone had mods for this anyway.

No EXP in battle grounds - No reason to remove this, if people want to level through pvp should let em, but not a big thing to me.

No EXP for nodes (Mining Herb etc) - Leveling through this method is lame imo and should be removed.

Heirlooms removed - The idea of heirlooms is cool but I don't like that they have +exp on them. Should remove the xp bonus and leave the items.

Honor cap back to 75k - Fine by me.

No random BG option - Random BG queue option is almost needed at this point since there are so many BGs. Back in early WoW it wasn't needed because there were only a few of them.

Keys to raids / dungeons reintroduced - Yes, good system, never got why they changed it.

Achievements completely removed - No reason to remove them, gives people something to do outside of their "main" reason for playing.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the point of your post was to send us back to BC then you failed. Dailies were introduced in BC, it was one of the big features of the expansion.

I do see your point though. I was reading down that list with mounting horror thinking "what kind of hell does the OP want us to live in!?" then I realized that I quite happily played that game six years ago. Nice twist.

Deleted
    That's overkill. While I do want most of those things changed, doing all of that will kill the game.

Few points I disagree with:
    LFD removal - keep it for leveling instances. Before LFD it was next to impossible to level in instances because of lack of players. Remove LFD for max level heroic instances.
    No mounts for under... - keep current levels for ground mounts. its not fun to walk.
    No more cross server invites / groups - keep it, so players could play with their friends from other realms
    Specific Battle groups reintroduced - why?
    Dailies Removed - keep it, but remove valor gear reputation requirement
    No EXP in battle grounds - keep XP to prevent twinking
    Honor cap back to 75k - why?
    No random BG option - same as above
    Achievements completely removed - same as above
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2013-05-13 at 08:12 AM.

What makes WoW, well WoW, is that there is so much to do, and so much added in terms of features. They blow away the next MMO that is even remotely close in terms of added stuff. If you strip all that away, it would be like the beginning of WoW/BC. That was good for that particular time, but times have changed, the sub base has changed and the majority will not and would not like that stuff (or lack of stuff) anymore. People nowadays want convenience and a reason to feel that their monthly fee is worth it. Removing many of the things you have listed would mean it would be like many other MMO's currently on the market. I played during BC and it was fun. But that was back when MMO's were non existent, and playing was new and exciting. People were more content to just explore and figure out the game back then.

That is not the case anymore. Everyone knows about MMO gaming, plays it and expects more than ever before. Would not play anymore if all those things were removed. I already experienced it. That was then, this is now. Times have changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    My responses in bold

LFD Removed, As long as we get some sort of server merges and/or worldchat
    LFR Removed, Doesn't bother me at all
    Flying Mounts removed from Azeroth, Yeah why not
    Flying Mounts only available in outland, northrend and panderia, for max level, however normal flight speed is back to 60% while the rich get 280% for the sake of the argument, lets call it 108k gold to get 280 (going along the yak price) 108k? Are you fucking kidding me?
    No mounts for under 40, @40 60% ground mounts, at 60 100% speed. 70 for the first flying mounts at 60% 30/50/70 and I'm fine with it
    Attunements return As long as it's account-wide
    No more CRZ I support this
    No more cross server invites / groups No, keep these
    Specific Battle groups reintroduced I like it
    Dailies Removed I'd rather have less stress on them as content, but not totally removed
    Raids only available in either ten or twenty five man sizes (15, 40 as well?) How is this different from now?
    Raids only have one difficulty setting No.
    Class quests are re introduced for class mounts, (but are prices match todays market) YES
    Warlock Minion quests reintroduced Yes
    Manually have to visit each flight path Sure
    No ingame markers for quests Absolutely not. Having to wander around a zone for 20 minutes or look it up on wowhead because the quest instructions were badly written was stupid.
    No EXP in battle grounds This would cause a LOT of PvPers to quit
    No EXP for nodes (Mining Herb etc) I never understood why this was implemented in the first place
    Heirlooms removed, Don't use em anyway
    Honor cap back to 75k I'd like a higher cap, or just no cap at all.
    No random BG option No opinion
    Keys to raids / dungeons reintroduced No
    Achievements completely removed Fuck no
    A LOT of these would require server merges or SOMETHING done to deal with server populations, or it would make the game far worse.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

the problem with this pole is that it's far too inclusive. the people who want one thing removed would not necessarily want another thing removed. literally removing everything anyone ever complained about would be horrible, of course a large portion of the player base would not play if that happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'd still play as long as at least a couple of my friend did. But most of that happening would completely suck, and I would hate it.

I loved the warlock minion quests though >.>
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)