View Poll Results: Would you still play?

Voters
387. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    93 24.03%
  • No

    257 66.41%
  • Maybe - Not Sure

    37 9.56%
Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Lets take a vote

    Just to make it a lil more clear, the following list isn't what I want or what they should do, or "Ideas", its a "What If" thread more than anything, in other words stop reading the list only and flying to the reply box to blast me,



    Tbh, I thought it would be less people playing, still, if you take a 24 hour poll, and do a ratio, I think everyone can agree its higher than what you would expect, all I was interest in because I was bored, good bye and thank you

    So this last week, more threads than usual have been popping up about the past how good the game was, things they want changing etc, so lets say the following happens,

    LFD Removed,
    LFR Removed,
    Flying Mounts removed from Azeroth,
    Flying Mounts only available in outland, northrend and panderia, for max level, however normal flight speed is back to 60% while the rich get 280% for the sake of the argument, lets call it 108k gold to get 280 (going along the yak price)
    No mounts for under 40, @40 60% ground mounts, at 60 100% speed. 70 for the first flying mounts at 60%
    Attunements return
    No more CRZ
    No more cross server invites / groups
    Specific Battle groups reintroduced
    Dailies Removed
    Raids only available in either ten or twenty five man sizes (15, 40 as well?)
    Raids only have one difficulty setting
    Class quests are re introduced for class mounts, (but are prices match todays market)
    Warlock Minion quests reintroduced
    Manually have to visit each flight path
    No ingame markers for quests
    No EXP in battle grounds
    No EXP for nodes (Mining Herb etc)
    Heirlooms removed,
    Honor cap back to 75k
    No random BG option
    Keys to raids / dungeons reintroduced
    Achievements completely removed

    Okay they're in a random order but of the top of my head, if those changes were implemented, or should I say reverted to, be honest would you still play?

    I don't think half the people who have been bitching and moaning would,

    So would you?

    (Poll inc)
    Last edited by Rotted; 2013-05-13 at 06:51 PM.

  2. #2
    LFD Removed
    and I'm out
    I dealt with this bullshit in vanilla and tbc I dealt with it in GW1 and I dealt with it in SWTOR
    fuck MMOs that don't have dungeon finders

    the rest is just lol worthy

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,777
    Achievements completely removed

    Give me 1 reason why Achievements are bad?
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  4. #4
    Oh god, let's just shut down WoW, hopefully everyone can be happy then.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    and I'm out
    I dealt with this bullshit in vanilla and tbc I dealt with it in GW1 and I dealt with it in SWTOR
    fuck MMOs that don't have dungeon finders

    the rest is just lol worthy
    SWtOR has LFD and LFR btw



    and your list has too many items ... some things people will want, some won't, and the only people voting yes will be the ones whom the negative isn't game breaking or overboard for them.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    SWtOR has LFD and LFR btw
    came in with one of the patches think with the second or third raid
    quit a bit after, lack of LFD up to that was a big part of why

  7. #7
    I just made a quick list in my head of what we didn't have back then, to what we have now, then made a backward list to remove them, granted its a mixed list from tbc / wrath but you get the jist of the idea behind, (if not its about stripping back to how it was years back)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Achievements completely removed

    Give me 1 reason why Achievements are bad?
    I didn't say at one point anything on the list was bad did I? its just what we have now, which we didn't vin / tbc time (well introduced in the bc patch for lk but that was practically tbc finished)

    Edit: oh forgot to add, while I do enjoy achievement hunting, I would like to see them removed, got real sick and tired of the bull shit people pulling "Wisp me with achi or don't bother"

    Quote Originally Posted by wilqq View Post
    Oh god, let's just shut down WoW, hopefully everyone can be happy then.
    Maybe I should of noted I don't want any of these changes back, Im just picking up on bits and bobs from other peoples complaints and seeing the general over view, not my own pov
    Last edited by Rotted; 2013-05-12 at 04:12 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Flying Mounts removed from Azeroth,
    Flying Mounts only available in outland, northrend and panderia,

    I'm out , so long for those frustrated ganker

  9. #9
    I read that list and thought I would play if that was removed, too bad my sub isn't going towards Blizzard's wallet. You guys are babyfed to the point that it isn't really that much of an enjoyable game anymore. You really think the things Blizzard have added were a good thing? They took a lot of the MMO out of MMO, there is barely a community left on each server nowadays. All people do is just sit in Orgrimmar/Stormwind and just wait for the LFG to pop to instantly get teleported to the instance, that aspect has killed the game for me completely. The game just became lazy and that's why I can't enjoy it.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Achievements completely removed

    Give me 1 reason why Achievements are bad?
    Well you get those morons that need to "go for the achievement" on raid bosses and then you wipe umpteen times because you have to kill ALZYRAZORAYZRZYRA while dancing with the boss and not taking any damage from the aoe on the ground that covers 99% of the floor oh and you need to do all of this while eating. And usually 8 of the 10 people don't even want this, but guild/raid leader's fat fuck of a GF is an achivement whore...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Well you get those morons that need to "go for the achievement" on raid bosses and then you wipe umpteen times because you have to kill ALZYRAZORAYZRZYRA while dancing with the boss and not taking any damage from the aoe on the ground that covers 99% of the floor oh and you need to do all of this while eating. And usually 8 of the 10 people don't even want this, but guild/raid leader's fat fuck of a GF is an achivement whore...
    Story of my raiding life...
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  12. #12
    Mechagnome Vinni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In your browser
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Achievements completely removed

    Give me 1 reason why Achievements are bad?
    Exactly, I was about to answer that I would still play, but then he/she said achievements removed. I'm guessing because there were added in WotLK?
    I can live without most of those, but I need my achievements. Only thing that keeps me playing.
    ''The only true failure is when you stop trying''.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Well you get those morons that need to "go for the achievement" on raid bosses and then you wipe umpteen times because you have to kill ALZYRAZORAYZRZYRA while dancing with the boss and not taking any damage from the aoe on the ground that covers 99% of the floor oh and you need to do all of this while eating. And usually 8 of the 10 people don't even want this, but guild/raid leader's fat fuck of a GF is an achivement whore...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I read that list and thought I would play if that was removed, too bad my sub isn't going towards Blizzard's wallet. You guys are babyfed to the point that it isn't really that much of an enjoyable game anymore. You really think the things Blizzard have added were a good thing? They took a lot of the MMO out of MMO, there is barely a community left on each server nowadays. All people do is just sit in Orgrimmar/Stormwind and just wait for the LFG to pop to instantly get teleported to the instance, that aspect has killed the game for me completely. The game just became lazy and that's why I can't enjoy it.
    You two pretty much sum it up for me although I thought it would be best not to be so direct when starting the thread

  14. #14
    Mechagnome Vinni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In your browser
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Well you get those morons that need to "go for the achievement" on raid bosses and then you wipe umpteen times because you have to kill ALZYRAZORAYZRZYRA while dancing with the boss and not taking any damage from the aoe on the ground that covers 99% of the floor oh and you need to do all of this while eating. And usually 8 of the 10 people don't even want this, but guild/raid leader's fat fuck of a GF is an achivement whore...
    Morons that want to go for achievements? I can't speak for others, but my achievement count reaching 18/19k is my goal, not to get HC gear or high rating or whatever. The harder an achievement is, the more worth having it is.
    ''The only true failure is when you stop trying''.

  15. #15
    Scarab Lord slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    4,095
    I apoligize Vinni, not everyone that goes for achievement is a moron - I mean those that use their sway in the guild to almost force trying it during raid night - when most don't want to - but don't feel like arguing with the RL about it - they just grin and bare it - even though they would rather be progressing on whatever kill is stopping them.

    And with your Avatar I know I like you already.

  16. #16
    Fluffy Kitten Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,545
    Nope. I'd click 'Unsubscribe,' and in that little white box, I'd write 'listening to would-be hardcores who want everyone to have to RP walk to the heroic where every trash pack has a two-second-cast instagib because we didn't bring a rogue along.' Odds are I'd never look back after unsubbing and instead take the $15/mo. I use on WoW and see more movies or buy old games for my SNES and PS2.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  17. #17
    So in other words...You want pre-bc with a level cap of 90?

  18. #18
    Titan Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    11,595
    I agree with some of it, but I'm not mentioning which. Not saying why will save me from having to explain myself a couple hundred times, as well as having to read about how my opinion is wrong.

  19. #19
    Warchief Statix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    LFD Removed,
    LFR Removed,
    Flying Mounts removed from Azeroth,
    Flying Mounts only available in outland, northrend and panderia, for max level, however normal flight speed is back to 60% while the rich get 280% for the sake of the argument, lets call it 108k gold to get 280 (going along the yak price)
    No mounts for under 40, @40 60% ground mounts, at 60 100% speed. 70 for the first flying mounts at 60%
    HELL NO. Leveling alts is already a pain in the ass. LFD makes it actually kinda fun. LFR is also great. Certain people don't have the time to join guilds or join pug runs and just wanna have a casual night of raiding. Not gonna give up my 60% mount at level 20 and my 100% mount at 40.

    Also, you already have to manually visit each flight path again. Why on Earth would you remove ingame quest markers only to have everyone download an addon for it?

    Nah, most of your changes would make the game near unplayable for me.
    Statix will suffice.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    So in other words...You want pre-bc with a level cap of 90?
    Not once did I type that, I made a "What If" post, not a I WANT THIS THIS THIS AND THAT BACK TO HOW IT WAS

    As I say I've noticed over this last week a increasing amount (more than usual) of people whining about how good the game was in Vin / TBC and want things like LFR removed, so I made the thread to get a general overview, if it was reverted (as you say, a pre bc style at 90) would people still play,

    The only thing I want is honest answers to see what people on here atleast do want

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •