Poll: Would you still play?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the changes listed would make everyone pretty much have only one or two max-level toon.

I might still play it despite being an altoholic, but I must play the game with someone else to overcome such changes.
    Lack of hi speed flying without being filthy rich is going to be painful too...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    Exactly, I was about to answer that I would still play, but then he/she said achievements removed. I'm guessing because there were added in WotLK?
    I can live without most of those, but I need my achievements. Only thing that keeps me playing.
    Exactly, Achievements are the reason I play WOW.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

I can honestly say I played WoW (Vanilla) before they added all that crap you listed and it was honestly the most fun I had in an MMO at that point. Sure, I'd play it if it was like Vanilla again, where not everything was actually handed to you on a silver platter, where you actually had to work/play hard to accomplish something.

I'd be fine except for the flying mount changes, I would want them completely removed if we were going to overhaul the game like this.

Also I don't see how removing achievements accomplishes anything.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaning between No and Maybe. The game would certainly become a lot less enjoyable for me, but at least raids are still there, albeit less varied. Good thing Pet Battles wasn't on the list, or it would be a solid no.

Seems to me like u want to play inside the stove while waiting for the dough to turn yellow brown...
    Obviously u don't want to play... U just like to run around watching trees and chatting with the 39 raid members who are tired of waiting therefore telling blatant stories.

Change all the u to "they"
    Last edited by anabolicz; 2013-05-13 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Obviusly i dont read ur entire post

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Way too many things on that list that have nothing to do with each other. While some of those features could be better or we could do with them being removed all of that would gut the game so much that way too many ppl would quit in outrage. With a mass exodus of players even if the game was great without the mass multiplayer part of mmo the game wouldn't be much fun.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    People are misreading this... it's not a case of "I want this removed" or "A bunch of people think..." but rather a case of people crying out for the way things were in the past so Rotted (whom I actually remember from ingame years ago) simply posted what was in the game/wasn't back then and wants to see if you still desire it. People crying for a past game want what they feel was better plus their creature comforts... which simply didn't exist then.

So shoo, all you "your game sounds shit" people. Off with ye!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Add badge gear to that list to you missed it. Sure get rid of all of them. Take everything away and see what happens. At the very least it would make for some lively conversations on forums.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I'm all-in. In BC I never had problems finding a group, because I was in a non-fail guild that was filled with active, skilled players. The difference between BC and MoP is nowadays there is little or no reason to raise your game to get into a good guild, unless you want to do heroic raiding. There is no emphasis on players organizing themselves to achieve things that would otherwise be impossible. Instead, the game has become dumbed-down and simplified so that players with zero social & organizational skills can faceroll the content and continue their $15 monthly contribution. I never had a use for these players, and I never will...so if the game was changed to make it harder for these people to play the game, it wouldn't bother me in the least.

None of those things would have any impact on my main, the heirloom thing and bg levelling would be kinda crap.

Honestly, the only one of those that would bother me is the no random battleground. I am completely indifferent to anything that has to do with dungeons and raiding, or questing, and I would love if flying mounts were more restricted. I would rather they were gone entirely, but still, more restricted is an improvement besides the advantage to the rich.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    People are misreading this... it's not a case of "I want this removed" or "A bunch of people think..." but rather a case of people crying out for the way things were in the past so Rotted (whom I actually remember from ingame years ago) simply posted what was in the game/wasn't back then and wants to see if you still desire it. People crying for a past game want what they feel was better plus their creature comforts... which simply didn't exist then.

I'd go back to WotLK. Only thing lost that I care for would be Azeroth flying, which wouldn't be as beneficial anyway, if there wasn't much new on Azeroth.

Deleted
    Your list has stuff i want. Cross realm zones REMOVED!! Really fuck this ! I play on sylvanas, one of the most highest pop servers in the EU. Who i get crossed with ? OTHER HIGH POP REALMS! HOW IN GODS NAME AM I GOING TO GET TLPD OR AEONAXX NOW? Not saying it should be easy and be mine within seconds of afford, just saying i already have to do deal with my own population , why do i have to do deal with others to ? I did not choose to be on that realm or play with folks on that realm so why am i forced? Only enable CRZ with low pop realms or for low pop realms. Like 5x low pop realms , CRZ merged and POOOOOOOf they are high pops.

Class quest, yes yes yes yes please!!

Rest no..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I'd go back to WotLK. Only thing lost that I care for would be Azeroth flying, which wouldn't be as beneficial anyway, if there wasn't much new on Azeroth.
    Personally, I would too. As in, late WOTLK just before the cata patch. Everything introduced since then I have no issue with losing. At all. I just loved it so much but oh well, no point sitting here pining for it. I might go back to the bit where you couldn't learn 310% flying, you either had a mount for it or didn't But that's only so I could be all "hah I can fly faster than you"
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    The polling sample, though it is small and not completely reflective of the entire populous, shows 3:1 against playing if they turned WoW into "Classic" WoW (which is pretty much what was described in the OP). Blizzard has said on more than one occasion there is no place for a classic style realm and nostalgia, though very powerful, should never be used as a measuring stick for a business model. People who want this would play for a day and then realize one thing:

They have access to TWO continents, 8 races (with limited classes), and no way to get around other than on a ground mount, a flight path, or a boat. No thanks. We have that now. It's called Pandaria lvl 85-89.

I loved TBC. It was likely my favorite expansion. But, if they scrapped it all and went back to that model, I would unsub faster than they could remove the option to cancel my sub.

Deleted
    This threads not really proving any points.

The games evolved since then, but we're in a state where we can both choose new features and remove others. The opportunity exists to make the game better.

Anybody asking for a carbon copy TBC realm hasn't put thought into what it was like, and what they'd miss from the game in its current state.

edit: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    no no no no no on on ono no no no no no no, go and dig a ditch please.
    go away shoo shoo shoo.

you obisly have no fucking clue what would happen if all this well..happend, wow would start bleeding BIG.
    i'd rather just kill world of warcraft than let this happen.
    11:30 /care.
    Get this.

S.T.O.P M.A.K.I.N.G T.H.E.S.E T.H.R.E.A.D.S F.O.R A.R.G.U.S S.A.K.E
    Get it?!
    Over kill much >..> don't like it don't post, I do infact know what would happen, but since your incapable of reading the first line of the thread, your barley worth quoting

Quote Originally Posted by hpgupta View Post
    It is so funny that all of these threads want things to be removed from the game.
    I never said remove, I said revert, call it time travel if it makes it simpler for you to understand little one

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post

Finally, and hai

Also I'm going to pop up a chart now since its been 24 hours, for the most part, thank you to most of you for actually reading the post instead of scanning, and contributing, also I should of edited last night, not dailies removed, daily cap reinstated to 25 with less dailies available, my bad, no idea why I just put removed, also someone mentioned the list is unrelated to each other, technically its not, but its my fault for just dashing them down I should of constructed it better on word then pasted it over

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I never said remove, I said revert, call it time travel if it makes it simpler for you to understand little one
    something being there one time and not being there after is the very definition of removing...

Deleted
    Yeah I would gladly play if those features were lost. I understand why people like most of those things, many of them I like too but some of the old stuff contributed to the immersion in the game for me. I feel like the game tries to rush you off your feet with quick conveniences, without leaving much thought to the "world" of warcraft.