Thread: Bad Roommates

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bad Roommates

I currently live in apartment for school with 3 room mates who find it ok to smoke weed around the house, play loud rap music 24/7 to the point where I have to leave to study, and cant even watch a show in my room. And this one guy puts some sort of liquid stuff on his food that's suppose to act as testosterone boosters, so he spends most his time screaming at random shit. Not to mention the highschool drop out who thinks he is going to get a degree in video game design that wears a swastika and speaks of how killing all blacks would make America better.

It really effects my ability to have friends or girls over since most cant stand to be around them. The one reason I don't report them and get new room mates is well....they split the internet bill. I simply cant afford internet paying fully out of my pocket, and if the other room mates didint agree to that, it would be a problem.

So tell me, what would you do? Stick with shitty room mates and have internet? Or get rid of them and be without?

10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of them ofcourse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Ur clearly not happy so the best advice is to ditch them... life is a long and surprising journey and u dont know what good things lie just around the corner

Roll the dice of fate

I'd just report them. The internet isn't worth all of that hassle. Besides, I'm certain even if your new room mates don't agree to your current plan, you could find some way to use the internet (local school computers for class purposes and such).

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf... It's hard for me to believe this is even true. How did you end up with people that you knew you wouldn't like??? If I was told my roommates would be that way, I'd never move in. I don't have an issue with the weed, I really don't as long as they keep it secretive and don't allow the entire complex to know they're pot heads... but the loud rap music... I'd just take their shit and smash it on the ground. I don't hate rap, I love it, but there's common courtesy and blasting loud music regardless of genre goes against that.

Instead of going on here, I'd be thinking about what I'd do to get out of that situation.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Fuck that shit and report them,

I'm sure you can find some students somewhere to take their spots even if they're randoms,

Don't let the thought I won't have the internet ruin your studies,

For the mean time, use the library for you revision and until you find new room mates, make due with TV for entertainment and books for extra revision,

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Wtf... It's hard for me to believe this is even true. How did you end up with people that you knew you wouldn't like??? If I was told my roommates would be that way, I'd never move in. I don't have an issue with the weed, I really don't as long as they keep it secretive and don't allow the entire complex to know they're pot heads... but the loud rap music... I'd just take their shit and smash it on the ground. I don't hate rap, I love it, but there's common courtesy and blasting loud music regardless of genre goes against that.

Instead of going on here, I'd be thinking about what I'd do to get out of that situation.
    While I feel the same as this guy, you got to remember any shit like that, that goes down hes going to get booted out education

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Fuck that shit and report them,

I'm sure you can find some students somewhere to take their spots even if they're randoms,

Don't let the thought I won't have the internet ruin your studies,

For the mean time, use the library for you revision and until you find new room mates, make due with TV for entertainment and books for extra revision,

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 06:06 PM ----------

While I feel the same as this guy, you got to remember any shit like that, that goes down hes going to get booted out education
    Huh? Booted out of education? For what? Because he moved out and doesn't have a residence?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get new roomies and use public internet if you have to. Really though the internet thing shouldn't be an issue, pretty much everyone has the internet now.

Definitely get away from the racist and the pothead. If someone wants to smoke pot that's their choice of course, but don't live with them. Living with the racist and the pothead could very much get you in legal trouble somewhere down the road if they did something amazingly stupid.

Edit: It's like I tell my roomies at the moment, my house my rules and I don't care if they do drugs elsewhere but they absolutely positively cannot bring them into my house or my car. If they ever get busted and stash something in my property I will sing like a canary rather than get my record tarnished for their stupid behavior. Thankfully my current roomies aren't at all interested in drugs so that's not a worry.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2013-05-12 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting away from them would be a start.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Come on, I don't believe that. If it's true your pretty sad, staying with Hillbilly's just cuz you share a internet bill. Really pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    cant you make a complaint with the landlord or who ever owns the property?
    dragonmaw - EU

I have the standard bad roommate.

You know the guy who demands he is the one to pay all the bills yet he never pays the full bill.
    The guy who sleeps in the living room and leaves dirty dishes/ trash around for weeks
    The guy who never notified the landlord something needs to be fixed (kitchen sink started with a small leak now it's ready to fall through the counter top)
    Not to mention all 3 shower knobs are operated with Vice Grips.

wouldn't be close to a tough decision for me. i would definitely choose to be happier with my living situation than having internet.

Let me tell you first hand, living with people like that that stress you out is not worth it by a long shot. Whether you internalize or yell at them and get into fights it effects you... as you stated you can't even have a decent girl or friends over - can't do the normal stuff a person does.. study for school, watch tv...

I don't quite understand the situation of - you can kick them out, but then you lose internet? Or can you yourself move to a better location. Do you mean you won't be able to afford internet if you kick them out>? if so im sure you can find another MUCH BETTER roomate?

Whatever your choice - fix it now, don't let this wound linger - the longer these self-centered parasites live there the harder it will be to extract them from your life.

@skrump - i just had to kick out 2 people from my house that were terrible with your second point. If you want to live like a pig, you have your own room - live like a pig in there - when you leave I will simply incinerate everything in there and repaint the room. But when their pigass lifestyle spills into the common rooms it infuriates me. YOU DO NOT LIVE WITH MOM ANYMORE, PLATES DO NOT MAGICALLY APPEAR IN THE SINK AND BE WASHED MAGICALLY FOR YOU. No one wants to get up in the morning, getting ready for work to come into the living room and see your dirty ass sleeping on the couch. I feel for you, and am happy as shit I'm finally out of that shit situation. But, do something about it - unless you are one strong willed person and can deal with that nonsense.
    Last edited by slime; 2013-05-12 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post

We didint meet each other until move-in day.

Since this topic is about the roommates and advice re: roommates, and not in any way related to Warcraft, I'm moving it into Gen:OT.

get rid of them asap, or move out. bad room mates are going to screw you over time after time and affect your quality of life. plus, there are plenty of things to do without the internet. books, tv, radio, video/computer games on single player, you could take up writing, exercise/work out, go out for walks, etc...you can always just head to the library to check on email and stuff too.

Deleted
    Ditch em, if internet is your only excuse not to, there is always the library.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ditch them and see if you can get a deal with the Internet in a another group of people, and you would be set.
    Or you can still ditch them and move yourself to another place and use the library if you can.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Steps to Happiness:

1. Ditch the shitty roommates.
    2. Go without internet for a while.
    3. In the meantime search for new, better roommates.
    4. Get new roommates.
    5. Get internet back.
    -(Only do step 6 if new roommates are shitty as well)
    6. Repeat steps 1-5.
    Call me House.