Do you guys wish Onimusha would return?

A quick summary for those unaware. Back in the early 2000s when Survival Horror was a big hit genre, a sub-survival horror action game series called Onimusha was created by Capcom, and ran for a trilogy and cash-in fail fourth title. Despite the greatness of this series, it was extremely overlooked in Western Audiences (I doubt half of you guys even know what this series is), and discontinued without word, though still has a cult following.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

i liked it, played 1-3, never heard of the fourth :x

what would the game be like though? look at the "survival" games out now (resident evil 5/6/orc). Would probably end up like ninja gaiden.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played the first 3. Wasn't aware there was even a 4th though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the first three, didn't know there was a cash in fourth. Was a fantastic survival horror / action game.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    LFR can be too easy for individual players, but individual players get lumped with 24 other random people, and it's pretty much certain that in 25 random people you'll have at least one guy who makes you wonder how he managed to switch his computer on.

The first 3 where great!!!!!! The fourth should never have been made. Maybe they can salvage the series with a REBOOT!!!!!!

No. Played all of them, including 4th. Would NOT want to see it return.

Hell yea, love those games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the games 1-3 didnt see 4, do I want to see them back, not really it would need a big overhaul.

Just let it die otherwise it would turn into Resident Evil and we all know how that has been recently.

I played 1-3, Onimusha Dawn of Dreams was like wtf?

I played all of em was I was much younger and I would love to see a return personally. Upgrading your weapon and seeing it change was the coolest part to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    I played all of em was I was much younger and I would love to see a return personally. Upgrading your weapon and seeing it change was the coolest part to me.
    This! Yes! I love games that allow you to upgrade and show off the changes. Also, I just loved the Onimusha games (Never played the 4th).
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebslack View Post
    Loved the first three, didn't know there was a cash in fourth. Was a fantastic survival horror / action game.
    Are you kidding? The third one was the "cash-in" of the series; it was worse than any of the other three by a mile and even had bullshit celebrity licensing as once of its features... (not that I have anything against Jean Reno, but seriously...Onimusha where Samanosuke and he swap eras and Samanosuke fights alongside a bunch of French commandos...there's even a sequence where you play as Reno's character's lady and she's got a bloody machine gun)

The fourth was a very long game with a ton of customization and had an actual roster of characters to play as aside from the main fellow.

The first two are arguably the best, mostly for atmosphere, but four was fine - it was just less tense on the fright scale but made up for it with a large world and ton of options.

Anyway - to the OP - yes, I would love to see them do a proper re-boot of the series, assuming it wouldn't be farmed out to a shit studio like Ninja Theory or the in-house butchers who made Resident Evil 5 and 6 (Revelations and "Lost in Nightmares" notwithstanding)

I know they'd need to re-boot it at this point, I just don't know what they'd do other than just re-make the original - I suppose they are creative enough to make a good plot, but I'd hate to see it go the way of Devil May Cry or Resident Evil rather than how Konami pulled out Mercurysteam for Castlevania's re-boot.
    Last edited by Olrox; 2013-05-17 at 08:35 AM.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.