Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Valor Point Dump?

So what are you guys who are valor point capped doing every week? I'm still clearing Throne of Thunder, and I do the Tillers dailies just to farm tokens (and I might as well do the others while I'm there), so that's like 600VP a week I get and I was hoping there was something I could spend valor points on so that's not all a waste. I'm a warlock, so I can't gear up a tank or healing spec or anything. I know you can buy blood spirits for 400 apiece, but that's barely worth flying out to the vendor for. Is there anything else I can buy with VPs jsut to bleed off the excess?

As a Hunter, just ahead and bought the Shaman gear for transmog.

But at his point, make sure you''ll be Valor capped at the end of a lock. We'll have item upgrades incoming in a week or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a non enchanter I dunno. I've just been buying a ring per week and sharding it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    As a Hunter, just ahead and bought the Shaman gear for transmog.
    Hmm... I do like the priest tier. Maybe the spirit pieces will have its look.

Next patch should be out next week or the following at latest. So stay as close to cap as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    Next patch should be out next week or the following at latest. So stay as close to cap as you can.
    Definitely not next week. They've always done a 2 weeks notice thing and the preparing for patch 5.3 escalation thing was posted this week. Also the release candidate patch hasn't dropped yet in the ptr. I'd be willing to put money (not literally) on the patch dropping on the 21st.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    For a non enchanter I dunno. I've just been buying a ring per week and sharding it lol
    You can also spend 400 VP to buy a Blood Spirit, which may or may not be worth more than a Sha Crystal depending on your server.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    You can also spend 400 VP to buy a Blood Spirit, which may or may not be worth more than a Sha Crystal depending on your server.
    ANd considering you can get three of them with the VP it takes you to get a ring... I guess that might be my best option after all if I don't find anything to transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    ANd considering you can get three of them with the VP it takes you to get a ring... I guess that might be my best option after all if I don't find anything to transmog.
    You can buy a vp ring from the golden lotus vendor for 625 vp btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    You can buy a vp ring from the golden lotus vendor for 625 vp btw.
    True. But moot as I'm not an enchanter anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    So what are you guys who are valor point capped doing every week? I'm still clearing Throne of Thunder, and I do the Tillers dailies just to farm tokens (and I might as well do the others while I'm there), so that's like 600VP a week I get and I was hoping there was something I could spend valor points on so that's not all a waste. I'm a warlock, so I can't gear up a tank or healing spec or anything. I know you can buy blood spirits for 400 apiece, but that's barely worth flying out to the vendor for. Is there anything else I can buy with VPs jsut to bleed off the excess?
    I am doing absolutely nothing. I have like, 600+ Lesser Charms saved up. I'm lazing around and harvesting my food and doing cooking dailies. I'm not running dungeons, I'm not doing LFR (now that I have my meta), and basically just raiding.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I'm enjoying the several week break of not worrying about valor till 5.3 hits, then it's back to caping every week.

I could buy offspec gear but I know the moment I do and the gear can't be sold back blizzard will announce the patch is next week -.- so I would be unable to be 3k valor capped before the patch So I'm giving myself a valorless farming break.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I am doing absolutely nothing. I have like, 600+ Lesser Charms saved up. I'm lazing around and harvesting my food and doing cooking dailies. I'm not running dungeons, I'm not doing LFR (now that I have my meta), and basically just raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    I'm enjoying the several week break of not worrying about valor till 5.3 hits, then it's back to caping every week.

I could buy offspec gear but I know the moment I do and the gear can't be sold back blizzard will announce the patch is next week -.- so I would be unable to be 3k valor capped before the patch So I'm giving myself a valorless farming break.
    Well, I'm still raiding a full Throne of Thunder clear, so having a VP dump is still helpful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post

exactly this, I've pretty much stopped doing things I was doing before 5.3 got announced. Been capped since forever, alts at 88 + 86. I am levelling a warlock however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm still raiding a full Throne of Thunder clear, so having a VP dump is still helpful.
    I clear Throne of Thunder every week. I just don't care enough to buy something and worry about being capped.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I clear Throne of Thunder every week. I just don't care enough to buy something and worry about being capped.
    Ok, well. Obviously I do. But thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Screw VP dump, we need a JP dump..

I've capped my VPs since v5.2 was released, and I'm not done with my MS and not even started with OS, and in v5.3, upgade will come back, so PLENTY of things to spend VP on..
    JP on the other and..... NOTHING to use them on...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Screw VP dump, we need a JP dump..

I've capped my VPs since v5.2 was released, and I'm not done with my MS and not even started with OS, and in v5.3, upgade will come back, so PLENTY of things to spend VP on..
    JP on the other and..... NOTHING to use them on...
    There are many options here. If you still need some gear you can trade it for honor points to get 476 gear to either use for pve or pvp purposes or disenchant. You can also buy heirlooms (probably better to hold off since they are drastically lowering the cost).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    There are many options here. If you still need some gear you can trade it for honor points to get 476 gear to either use for pve or pvp purposes or disenchant. You can also buy heirlooms (probably better to hold off since they are drastically lowering the cost).
    Or you can be like me, and not have a need for honor gear, and have already purchased all of the heirlooms. :-\ I have nothing to use JP on. lol
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you can be like me, and not have a need for honor gear, and have already purchased all of the heirlooms. :-\ I have nothing to use JP on. lol
    You are an enchanter. Convert to honor, buy wands from the honor vendor to disenchant. There are plenty more options for JP than VP atm.