Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Stood in the Fire KBWarriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    472

    Angry I Don't Get What Blizzard Is Doing Anymore...

    Maybe i'm getting older or maybe it's Blizzard, but I don't know what's going on anymore. I was taking some time today, laying back and thinking about all the decisions since 2008 that Blizzard has made.

    Hearthstone: Wtf is this...? Well, i'll tell you just how popular it is.. there's a whopping 3 PEOPLE viewing the Hearthstone sub-section of the forum. Didn't Blizzard already have a card game?

    Mists Of Pandaria: A lot of people have a problem with Pandas.. I'm not one of those people but who is to blame for the entire Hozen race? Do people honestly find the Hozen race funny or relevant to the game? At the end of Brewery, there's dancing monkeys who talk in Ebonics.

    - Dailies galore. Someone at Blizzard got the impression that we not only enjoy dailies, but we'd prefer to rely on them for gear when the game started!
    - Valor cap. Not only did they implement ridiculous gating with dailies, but then they put in a 1k Valor cap because "making people wait" is the best way to progress/keep people subscribed apparently!
    - What's that? You haven't had enough gating? WELL YOU'RE IN LUCK! If you want access to a Legendary quest chain, that's even more gating! Ffs...
    - RNG galore. If you thought there was plenty of dailies and you just thought to yourself "man, I wish there was enough RNG in this game to make my head explode", well do I have special news for you! About 75% of your Legendary chain, will be completely customed through RNG!
    - LFR. LFR is one of the worst things they've ever done to the game... it doesn't cater to casuals and I'm tired of seeing that excuse thrown around. LFR tailors to lazy people who want to put in minimal effort or AFK with a possibility at loot. They didn't implement any kind of system that detects AFKers, they don't punish AFKers, they only made the sense of community worse and they refuse to acknowledge the problems LFR is creating.

    Get rid of LFR or put it on tune with normal difficulty. In before: "WAAAHHH but then I couldn't AFK if the game knew I wanted to be lazy!"
    - PvP. What in the world are you guys doing to PvP? Healers are more insane than ever, despite what the incompetent devs think and now they're making them even more annoying to kill? For the love of god! It's hard enough downing them with a group and constant CC but now they're going to make them even harder to kill..

    Also, do we really need that much CC in this game? I can't imagine a 40 versus 40 all out brawl, it would be a constant CC fest. Actually I can imagine, you tried being melee in an AV turtle lately? It's one of the most annoying things I've ever done... pretty much perma-slowed/dazed and CC galore! Don't worry, you got a 2 minute trinket for one of your 1 billion annoying CC effects.

    Cataclysm: Now, I don't know what Blizzard was working on while they did the second half 80+ for Cataclysm, because it sure as hell wasn't Diablo 3! Dragon Soul was the biggest spit in the face raid that I've ever seen.. I can't believe how half-assed it was.

    Hard Heroics: This absolutely baffles me to this day.. Blizzard didn't make the game hard and they didn't make heroics hard, people have just gotten worse. Why? Blizzard doesn't encourage anyone to learn their class, their mechanics or anything! As a matter of fact, Blizzard has taken an Obama stance to gaming and they'll just give you free shit for being lazy! I'm sorry people, but the heroics in Cataclysm were by no means of the imagination difficult.. if using CC on a marked mob is difficult, I don't know what to tell you.

    The worst thing they did in Cataclysm was going super casual. People got bored with the game at this point.. People weren't quitting because "omg too hard", they were quitting because Cataclysm was boring. Honestly, if people find WoW too hard, they sure as hell won't make it on other MMOs or play them very long, so stop using the excuse that people quit in Cataclysm because it was too hard in the beginning. It wasn't, they just dumbed the game down to a Toddler's level and people got bored.

    Merging With Activi$$$$$ion: WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!
    What in the world were you thinking? Do you not know the history behind this company? Do you not know the history behind what a greedy blood sucker Bobby Kotick is? I don't care how much money the merger personally made the top executives, you can't honestly tell me someone wasn't stoned or drunk when they decided to go forward with this.

    "Oh, but they operate as seperate entities." Yes, they do.. I know that.. I'm tired of seeing that excuse too, but do you really think Activi$$$$ion has absolutely no say in the design process of the games? They're tied together! Ever since 2008, it's been Actigreed saying "JUMP" and Blizzard going "How high?"

    Diablo 3: Words... can not express my anger for what they have done to the most beloved franchise of all time. Back in 2008 through 2010, they had a lot of great features for the game and a lot of great things in the works for this game, I remember the videos.

    However, for whatever reason, they decided to pull most of those features, give them a basic UI look and release a half assed Diablo game.

    Story: What the... who wrote this story?
    Act 1: Find Cain, Cain gets kidnapped and killed by Magic Butterfly Queen
    Act 2: Find body parts for guy who betrays his people "ahhahaaahaha", then you kill the child Emperor
    Act 3: The boss pretty much tells you everything you need to do before fighting him and challenges you to do so
    Act 4: Again, the boss tells you everything you need to do in order to get to him

    The story basically, the bad guys always tell you their diabolical plans and how to stop them.

    Itemization: Go to hell for Itemization. Who honestly thought that giving every item in the game, completely randomized RNG stats when paired up with an Auction House would be a brilliant idea? Also: WHO PUTS AN AUCTION HOUSE IN A HACK N SLASH ITEM FIND GAME!? You even said it yourself in a video, loot is the most important part of Diablo!! What the hell is a matter with you?

    Forced Gameplay: Hey guys, want to go back and do a couple bosses from A3? Well, make a NEW GAME because in order to play Diablo 3, you have to follow the same ridiculous written story for children and go Waypoint by Waypoint. One does not simply just go through the world of Diablo, you have to choose a quest and go with that.

    Seriously what are you doing anymore Blizzard...? "Oh but we still have 8.3 million subscribers!" THAT'S A PRETTY SIGNIFICANT LOSS FROM 12 MILLION JUST 4 YEARS AGO!

    Want your Glory Days back?

    - Dump Activi$$$ion
    - Get rid of LFR or tune it on par with normal difficulty
    - Bring back immersion and gameplay that forces terrible and lazy players to learn the core mechanics of their class
    - STOP RELYING ON SO MUCH RNG. Instead of making content hard, you just implemented a shit ton of RNG instead
    - Stop making WoW easier.. because I'm not sure it's really possible at this point to be any easier
    - Fire the Diablo 3 development team.. start fresh.. hell.. hire random people off the street who have at least played the Diablo series. I don't know how many monkeys you have working on the game, but do you know how long 1.0.8 took to release? I don't know either, because I STOPPED COUNTING! Oh and not only did a minor patch take this long but one of the most game breaking bugs makes it into this minor patch too! I just can't wait to see how long 1.1 takes!

  2. #2
    Brewmaster Fullmetal89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Between the Spiral and Anti-Spiral dimensions.
    Posts
    1,319
    Take a deep breath man, there's more to life than playing Blizzard's games. Let them spiral into their own demise, its their games they can screw them up as much as they want.
    "If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you, you won't be able to walk."
    -
    Guts, Berserk.

    Pokémon Safari: Rock Type (Magcargo/Barbaracle/Dwebble).
    FC: 0447-5673-4977
    MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Fullmetal89

  3. #3
    Hearthstone: Wtf is this...? Well, i'll tell you just how popular it is.. there's a whopping 3 PEOPLE viewing the Hearthstone sub-section of the forum. Didn't Blizzard already have a card gam
    its really a horrible idea to base a reaction off of forum count when the game is only in preview pre beta form.


    Mists Of Pandaria: A lot of people have a problem with Pandas.. I'm not one of those people but who is to blame for the entire Hozen race? Do people honestly find the Hozen race funny or relevant to the game? At the end of Brewery, there's dancing monkeys who talk in Ebonics.
    oh relax, when mists is done, we will never hear from them again.
    - Dailies galore. Someone at Blizzard got the impression that we not only enjoy dailies, but we'd prefer to rely on them for gear when the game started!
    - Valor cap. Not only did they implement ridiculous gating with dailies, but then they put in a 1k Valor cap because "making people wait" is the best way to progress/keep people subscribed apparently!
    - What's that? You haven't had enough gating? WELL YOU'RE IN LUCK! If you want access to a Legendary quest chain, that's even more gating! Ffs...
    - RNG galore. If you thought there was plenty of dailies and you just thought to yourself "man, I wish there was enough RNG in this game to make my head explode", well do I have special news for you! About 75% of your Legendary chain, will be completely customed through RNG!
    -
    LFR. LFR is one of the worst things they've ever done to the game... it doesn't cater to casuals and I'm tired of seeing that excuse thrown around. LFR tailors to lazy people who want to put in minimal effort or AFK with a possibility at loot. They didn't implement any kind of system that detects AFKers, they don't punish AFKers, they only made the sense of community worse and they refuse to acknowledge the problems LFR is creating.

    Get rid of LFR or put it on tune with normal difficulty.in before: "WAAAHHH but then I couldn't AFK if the game knew I wanted to be lazy!"
    Wasn't made with you in mind, but for time restraint players
    - PvP. What in the world are you guys doing to PvP? Healers are more insane than ever, despite what the incompetent devs think and now they're making them even more annoying to kill? For the love of god! It's hard enough downing them with a group and constant CC but now they're going to make them even harder to kill..

    Also, do we really need that much CC in this game? I can't imagine a 40 versus 40 all out brawl, it would be a constant CC fest. Actually I can imagine, you tried being melee in an AV turtle lately? It's one of the most annoying things I've ever done... pretty much perma-slowed/dazed and CC galore! Don't worry, you got a 2 minute trinket for one of your 1 billion annoying CC effects.


    The worst thing they did in Cataclysm was going super casual. People got bored with the game at this point.. People weren't quitting because "omg too hard", they were quitting because Cataclysm was boring. Honestly, if people find WoW too hard, they sure as hell won't make it on other MMOs or play them very long, so stop using the excuse that people quit in Cataclysm because it was too hard in the beginning. It wasn't, they just dumbed the game down to a Toddler's level and people got bored.

    dude you missed the start of cata, when we had TBC level herioc dungeons. ppl started quitting due to that, even the higher up guilds agreed on it's difficulty
    '"Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you."
    - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Calzaeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kopervik, Norway
    Posts
    3,004
    We get it. You're pissed. Go eat a snickers, and play something you enjoy.

    Or try to at least bring something new to the table, because this exact thread has been locked so many times it isn't even funny anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Well, I suppose if you're going to burn a bridge, you may as well use lots of gas and make a really impressive fire that everyone will see for miles around.
    Buried Hope by XJ Selman! There is no reason NOT to buy this fantastic sci-fi/dystopian debut for the paltry sum of $.99! And I don't even tend to like sci-fi!

  5. #5
    Epic! Adoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Battling the Iron Horde with Yrel at Karabor.
    Posts
    1,565
    Stopped reading when you dissed on Hearthstone. There's tons of people out there who are looking forward to playing the game, just because there's 3 people viewing the forum on a fan site does not mean there's no interest in it.As for Blizzard already having a Card game, that is not entirely true.Yes, there is a WoW TCG however Blizzard has nothing to do with it, it belongs to "Cryptozoic", Blizzard only gave them the rights to make WoW cards. Hearthstone belongs completely to Blizzard, hell they don't even have the same cards, same gameplay or even the same pictures as the Cryptozoic's version. Also, Hearthstone is CCG(Collectible Card Game) while the existing version is TCG(Trading Card Game).
    Formerly known as NonameXADX

    Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post

    Hearthstone: Wtf is this...? Well, i'll tell you just how popular it is.. there's a whopping 3 PEOPLE viewing the Hearthstone sub-section of the forum. Didn't Blizzard already have a card game?
    I won't get into the rest of your post, but since I'm moderator on the Hearthstone forum here I'll answer you on this part. It's pretty popular, especially when you realise we are talking about a small team developing this. There's just not a whole lot to talk about at the moment, there's only been a few game play vids, and the cards we know about aren't even near completed yet and the rules are still changing from event to event when we hear about them. Yet despite everything being so in flux still there were 12.000 people online to watch a stream yesterday, at a time when most of America was working or in school.

    I think Hearthstone will do allright, even if it doesn't even near approach WoW's numbers of interested players long term.

  7. #7
    I agree with all you said but you coud've put it more delicately.

    Also, the RNG thing? Legendary quest chain should be more involving that picking up some item from a boss you kill anyways. It's like a kill count only sometimes your kill doesn't count! Who the fuck decided that was a good design for a LEGENDARY?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    - Dump Activi$$$ion
    Sadly not really possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post

    - Get rid of LFR or tune it on par with normal difficulty
    Agree to an extent, I don't think it needs to be as hard as normal mode but it needs to be harder than it is now, you shouldn't be able to just heal through mechanics and zerg everything. Also get rid of that insulting wipe-buff mechanic, if you aren't okay with wiping you have no business in any raid at any level. Period.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    - Bring back immersion and gameplay that forces terrible and lazy players to learn the core mechanics of their class
    Immersion would be nice but unfortunately thats a rabbit hole I don't think we can climb back out of. We asked for blizzard to send us back out into the world, what did we get? More dailies with more importance placed on them. Yippee. Meanwhile we are still flying over all the artwork and letting UIs find other players for us and send us to them. However, 'quality of life' changes are hard to revert, people would revolt at removing these and as much as people like me and you would like to say "fuck em, let em leave" that's blizzards bread and butter they are fucking with.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    - STOP RELYING ON SO MUCH RNG. Instead of making content hard, you just implemented a shit ton of RNG instead
    Not really sure what you mean here? RNG in encounters? Loot? Examples?

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    - Stop making WoW easier.. because I'm not sure it's really possible at this point to be any easier
    I don't think the problem is that there is a 'casual' and a 'hardcore' wow so much as how misguided blizzards definitions what these words mean are.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post

    - Fire the Diablo 3 development team..
    The lead on D3 was very unceremoniously reassigned, read into that what you will.

    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

  9. #9
    Agree on many points, disagree on others. Gating is annoying, but hearthstone looks awesome.

    Whoever came up with Hozen deserves to be tarred and feathered though.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Dreadnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    428
    hearthstone is gonna be successful. i dont play card games, but ill admit that im a bit excited about hearthstone.

  11. #11
    dude this is all old news man why even bother complaining anymore? wow has been shit for like a long time now.

    hopefully blizzard learned their lesson and do esnt fuck their game up with titan

  12. #12
    LFR is fine. It's a way for people to see content that simply don't have the time irl to be able to commit to a raiding schedule.
    Easy is fine as long as there's challenging content available as well.
    Activision isn't the problem if you actually did more than parrot garbage. Activision and Blizzard are owned by Vivendi games. Blizzard makes its own choices and answers to them, as does Activision.
    Hearthstone is in really early development so obviously it's not going to be flooded with people. It's a relatively low developing cost game and made by just a handful of developers. It's intended to be something fairly quick and fun, not a serious new IP like Titan will be.

    MoP has some of the most amazing content they've had in a WoW game. Even the dailies are fine. Where they messed up was connecting dailies to reputation that is needed for valor point purchases and slowed down valor point acquisition while keeping a cap. It made for a very alt unfriendly max level. It also forced players with limited schedules to spend their time wading through dailies that some could care less about to get the necessary rep for valor gear instead of getting it through more fun activities such as dungeon crawling like in Wrath and Cata.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-05-10 at 03:59 AM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post

    Whoever came up with Hozen deserves to be tarred and feathered though.
    Hozen are the Jar-jar binks of the warcraft universe, some people find them offensive, only the mentally ill find them funny, and everybody wishes they would die.

    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

  14. #14
    Truth to be told, once you complain about "casual" your whole post becomes worthless.

    Also lol
    THAT'S A PRETTY SIGNIFICANT LOSS FROM 12 MILLION JUST 4 YEARS AGO!
    4 Years, you really think people don't get bored?
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2013-05-10 at 04:01 AM.

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire mjolnir1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Colville, WA
    Posts
    432
    I agree with you on many points you made here.

    However, and I'm starting to notice this trend, some people are just so fed up with blizzard that they refuse to see things that are already in place.

    Yeah, the Hozen were pretty stupid. Jinyu were alot better in terms of adding to the lore of Pandaria, but still I see where you're coming from.

    The daily thing, yes, they went a little daily drunk happy, and it was a risk they knew they were taking, and sure enough they rectified it in 5.1 and 5.2. I'm still so burnt out from dailies that I can't even bring myself to do them on alts, but at least the grand commendations make things a bit easier, same thing with the bonus rep for your first heroic and scenario of the day.

    I don't really see a problem with the valor cap though. There has always been a cap on valor, and before that on emblems. Whether it be an actual valor cap or 7 dungeons a week (mixed and match with LFR) or 1 valor rewarding dungeon a day, theres always been some sort of cap on currency rewards. But put yourself on the flip side for a second. If there was no cap, wouldn't you, me, and the majority of the WoW community pretty much bust our asses to grind that valor out and have a full set of valor gear as soon as humanly possible? That's why theres gating, because we've all proven time and time again that we can't do things at a reasonable pace on our own, and then people bitch and moan immediately after about there not being enough content. This one is on the community, not on them. Theres only so much bitching you can hear about how much you suck because of lack of content when the players gobble down content like fucking cheez-its.

    The legendary quest chain? What's wrong with that? Were going to be getting a legendary weapon in the end, do you seriously want everyone and their mothers running around with the best weapon of the expansion 2 weeks into release? Again, it's a matter of a vast majority wanting to get to the end the fastest possible, only to turn around and bite the hand that feeds.

    The RNG, up until now, has been pretty dismal. Throughout the lifespan of 5.0, even with bonus rolls, I only managed to get 2 pieces of gear, starshatter and shoulders. Thats it. They've obviously learned from their mistakes again seeing as how in the first week of 5.2 I managed to fill all the holes in my gear from tier 14 raids and ToT has a much better drop rate at release than tier 14 raids did. So this has already been rectified.

    As for your hate for LFR, I think you need to pay a little closer attention. I have never been in a LFR thus far that hasn't kicked someone who was AFK for a fight. Almost every single LFR I've been in, the tank initiates a ready check before the pull, if someone isn't ready they're asked why, if they're afk and noone speaks up for them they get kicked, plain and simple. If you're D/C'd for more than 5 minutes, you're auto-kicked. Yes, it IS possible for someone to get away with being AFK in LFR and still get loot, but it's pretty damn hard to get away with it. If they put in a system that auto-kicked people who went AFK like they do in BG's, then a whole lot of people would be getting wrongly kicked if they had to attend to something real quick, as I've done before, or they told people they would be right back and get auto-kicked, even though the group knew they would be back.

    LFR has been a great asset not only to casuals, but to raiders as well. Didn't get any loot this week from your guild's raid? Hop in LFR for another chance until you get the piece you need. There really was no median between heroic gear and LFR gear like there has been in the past since they've taken the focus off heroic dungeons. Theres no reason to punish a large group of people for the asshole behavior of a few.

    I don't really PvP, so I can't say much about that, and like I said before, I pretty much agree with everything else you said.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Merging With Activi$$$$$ion: WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!
    What in the world were you thinking? Do you not know the history behind this company? Do you not know the history behind what a greedy blood sucker Bobby Kotick is? I don't care how much money the merger personally made the top executives, you can't honestly tell me someone wasn't stoned or drunk when they decided to go forward with this.

    "Oh, but they operate as seperate entities." Yes, they do.. I know that.. I'm tired of seeing that excuse too, but do you really think Activi$$$$ion has absolutely no say in the design process of the games? They're tied together! Ever since 2008, it's been Actigreed saying "JUMP" and Blizzard going "How high?"
    This statement really shows how little you know about how their business actually works.

    Blizzard was purchased by Davidson & Associates in 1994, and changed hands several times before finally coming under the Vivendi Games holding company in 1998. In 2008, Vivendi purchased Activision, then merged it with Vivendi Games and named the new holding company called Activision Blizzard. Blizzard Entertainment is still their own separate entity within the Activision Blizzard umbrella (as is Activision, incidentally), and is not, in fact, under any obligation to say "How High?" when Activision Blizzard says "Jump."
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2013-05-10 at 04:08 AM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    This statement really shows how little you know about how their business actually works.

    Blizzard was purchased by Davidson & Associates in 1994, and changed hands several times before finally coming under the Vivendi Games holding company in 1998. In 2008, Vivendi purchased Activision, then merged it with Vivendi Games and named the new holding company called Activision Blizzard. Blizzard Entertainment is still their own separate entity within the Activision Blizzard umbrella, and is not, in fact, under any obligation to say "How High?" when Activision Blizzard says "Jump."
    lol dude doesnt matter i work for a company that is now under a new ownership from another company and guess what even when they say they are going to stay operated how they were and nothings going to change it does anyways

  18. #18
    Banned JhanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    This statement really shows how little you know about how their business actually works.

    Blizzard was purchased by Davidson & Associates in 1994, and changed hands several times before finally coming under the Vivendi Games holding company in 1998. In 2008, Vivendi purchased Activision, then merged it with Vivendi Games and named the new holding company called Activision Blizzard. Blizzard Entertainment is still their own separate entity within the Activision Blizzard umbrella (as is Activision, incidentally), and is not, in fact, under any obligation to say "How High?" when Activision Blizzard says "Jump."
    Try and educate yourself on the concept of investing sometime. You clearly lack a great deal of knowledge in that department.

  19. #19
    Pandaren Monk Solzan Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Posts
    1,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Hozen are the Jar-jar binks of the warcraft universe, some people find them offensive, only the mentally ill find them funny, and everybody wishes they would die.
    Or only the ones who find them funny have a sens of humor.

  20. #20
    Banned JhanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Or only the ones who find them funny have a sens of humor.
    Your sig pretty much compels me and everyone rational to disregard what you say. Sorry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •