Thread: Valor Question

10+ Year Old Account

Valor Question

Whats the order of importance for VP purchases? I got 522 Neck and trink (for blood) but what comes next? im a returning player so im behind a few patches. any advice or point in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

heres my armory if needed.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anjdk/advanced

Definitely the Loop of the Shado-Pan Assault. There are no other rings with Mastery on them in ToT. After that, Stoneward Handguards are not a bad choice, but by the time you have VP for that, you should hopefully have some gear from ToT which you can upgrade instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryopathy View Post
    Definitely the Loop of the Shado-Pan Assault. There are no other rings with Mastery on them in ToT. After that, Stoneward Handguards are not a bad choice, but by the time you have VP for that, you should hopefully have some gear from ToT which you can upgrade instead.
    The hands have Mastery, no other hand piece has Mastery on them in ToT(Oondasta drops gloves with slightly more Mastery, but chances of getting those is VERY VERY low as you might imagine).

I went: Trinket > Bracer > Ring.

But since I have access to getting normal mode tier, I will be getting T15 DPS gloves along with T15 DPS legs for the 2 set to increase DPS

Deleted
    Not for suvivability. If you're in it for dps whoring then sure but there are better survivability options from the previous tier you can pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Damyou View Post
    Not for suvivability. If you're in it for dps whoring then sure but there are better survivability options from the previous tier you can pick up.
    Good trinkets from last tier ?!

Deleted
    I rate stam/mastery (charioteer something?) on use well above stuff like the dark animus trink and the rising winds thing from ji-kun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    The hands have Mastery, no other hand piece has Mastery on them in ToT(Oondasta drops gloves with slightly more Mastery, but chances of getting those is VERY VERY low as you might imagine).

But since I have access to getting normal mode tier, I will be getting T15 DPS gloves along with T15 DPS legs for the 2 set to increase DPS
    I noticed some Tanks that do that. is that better to do? Going with blood helm/shoulders, then dps gloves/legs for that 2set?

I usually just go for whatever is the highest ILVL upgrade, or for a slot I'm not expecting to get an upgrade for for a while.

Or if I'm lazy, rings and amulets because they're cheap and don't require gems and enchants :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have 2600 VP, and just got a reg glove token a few mins ago. and im unsure of the best upgrades. i can replace the blue gloves, but im unsure wether to get the blood ones or dps ones since the tank 4set is meh, and the good itemized pieces is helm/shoulders. and unsure of what to invest in besides the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by batman30 View Post
    i have 2600 VP, and just got a reg glove token a few mins ago. and im unsure of the best upgrades. i can replace the blue gloves, but im unsure wether to get the blood ones or dps ones since the tank 4set is meh, and the good itemized pieces is helm/shoulders. and unsure of what to invest in besides the ring.

Blood 4 set is meh at the best. If you just want to maximize your survivability then you're best off going with:

Tier 15 Blood Helm
    Tier 15 Blood Shoulders
    Chest from Megaera
    SPA Gloves
    Any pants that have Mastery on them (Horridon, Tier 15 DPS Legs, Lei Shen Legs).

If you want to dip into your survivability to boost dps then your best gearing plans are:

Tier 15 Blood Helm
    Tier 15 Blood Shoulders
    Megaera Chest OR Tier 15 DPS Chest
    SPA Gloves OR Tier 15 DPS Gloves
    Tier 15 DPS Legs OR Any legs with Mastery on them

Pick such that you get 2 set Blood, 2 set DPS and 1 off-tier item.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

The gloves from Primordius and Durumu both have two sockets and therefore more Mastery than the VP gloves with proper reforging.

Deleted
    the part that gives the most upgrade simple

Quote Originally Posted by Cryopathy View Post
    The gloves from Primordius and Durumu both have two sockets and therefore more Mastery than the VP gloves with proper reforging.
    I completely forgot about those gloves but as a relatively undergeared Blood DK I'd go for the Durumu gloves over Primordius.

But based on OP's progression the valor gauntlets are his best option until they have Durumu on farm.