Raising the limit on revisiting old threads

I have had many recent threads closed only to be shown old previous threads that I cannot post in because I'll receive an infraction for "necroing threads". If mods want to remind us of old threads discussing the same topic then let us keep those old threads going. Showing me a thread about something very interesting but warning me that restarting a thread with that same topic will be closed or posting in the old thread will result in points against me is nuts.

Raise the time limit on old threads or stop closing new threads with duplicate topics.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are welcome to post in older threads provided they are still relevant and not outdated (an example might be a thread discussing people's favourite NPCs). If a moderator has directed you to a particular existing thread and asked you to post there instead, that is a pretty safe indication that you are allowed to do so.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    People are welcome to post in older threads provided they are still relevant and not outdated (an example might be a thread discussing people's favourite NPCs). If a moderator has directed you to a particular existing thread and asked you to post there instead, that is a pretty safe indication that you are allowed to do so.
    Thanks for responding. I agree if you can still post I would welcome the chance but the moderator directed me to previously locked threads about the discussion. If it was an open thread I wouldn't be so confused and frustrated but showing me locked threads or in the past when I've posted in an old thread I was infracted.

Do you see my grievance here? I feel as though I'm wrong no matter what and that's unfair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Thanks for responding. I agree if you can still post I would welcome the chance but the moderator directed me to previously locked threads about the discussion. If it was an open thread I wouldn't be so confused and frustrated but showing me locked threads or in the past when I've posted in an old thread I was infracted.

Do you see my grievance here? I feel as though I'm wrong no matter what and that's unfair.
    Well, that's another issue than the necro time frame.

I don't know what threads you're referring to, but it is possible that a moderator showed you other threads not to suggest you continue the discussion there but perhaps to show you that the topic has already been discussed in great excess and that additional threads are probably unnecessary. There are some topics here for which that is the case (legacy servers is one that comes to mind immediately). Check what the mod said in their closing post, it should explain things. If you find yourself confused over the specifics, you're always welcome to PM them and ask.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Well, that's another issue than the necro time frame.

I don't know what threads you're referring to, but it is possible that a moderator showed you other threads not to suggest you continue the discussion there but perhaps to show you that the topic has already been discussed in great excess and that additional threads are probably unnecessary. There are some topics here for which that is the case (legacy servers is one that comes to mind immediately). Check what the mod said in their closing post, it should explain things. If you find yourself confused over the specifics, you're always welcome to PM them and ask.
    Thanks for the help.