Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    dps wise would it be more effective/easy to spec survival or marksman then. the reason im hesitant to change spec is bm makes the other 3 phases extremely easy for me as i prefer to let my pet do most of the work.
    If your going to use the dismiss pet tactic then yes it would be easier to switch specs, unless you feel like arcane shot spamming until he's dead ;p And the LoS tactic is not an exploit. The other poster doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go Marks or Surv and dismiss your pet. Use Exhilaration and he shouldn't be too bad.

yeah with the stampede/kiting that i mentioned in the first post that would be without the pet. not sure if pets summoned by stampede are subject to the mindcontrol/charm rules though.
    Just keep your pet dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    That is forbidden.
    "In general, it is never permissible [...] to use line of sight [...]where you can attack it but its abilities no longer function"

Source: Developer Watercooler
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8445111/
    It's not forbidden.

"In general, it is never permissible to cause parts of a boss encounter to evade in order to gain an advantage, or to use line of sight or collision to get a boss stuck where you can attack it but its abilities no longer function."

Using your pet to tank trivial encounters while you are feign deathed/los has nothing to do with any of that.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Just don't use the pet. Derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Using your pet to tank trivial encounters while you are feign deathed/los has nothing to do with any of that.
    A boss's ultimate abilities usually don't obey LoS, especially back in ye olden days. I doubt Feign Death would work on it either.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    A boss's ultimate abilities usually don't obey LoS, especially back in ye olden days. I doubt Feign Death would work on it either.
    I've soloed KT before and the MC wouldn't hit me when I was behind the pillar. Either way it's a moot point since you can solo him without doing it.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Respec and solo him w/o pet its just 2mil hp you can do it + @ like 50% he will go graviti mode where he doesnt attack you at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Respec and solo him w/o pet its just 2mil hp you can do it + @ like 50% he will go graviti mode where he doesnt attack you at all.
    actually its 3.1 million.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The easiest way to solo him is just to have him run to your pet behind the blocky thing at the side of the platform, stampede, AMoC, LOS. You will probably finish the phase before he even tries to MC you. Then you just stay off the platform blow remaining CDs and he'll be dead in less than 30 sec.

The only thing that makes this fight annoying now is if you get toyed by the engineer. All it does is make the fight last longer. At 90 the only mechanic you have to worry about is the MC and its pretty easy to deal with.

I solo everything as MM so a BM hunter should do even better while LOS'd and pets only attacking.

After he rezzes the 4 henchmen dudes just kill them then immediately dismiss your pet. Burn him down and use master healing pots and Exhilaration if you find yourself low on health before he's dead.

I have absolutely no issue doing it this way in any spec with pretty crap gear (ilvl 506).

Don't bother with LoS strats as that's way way WAY more complicated than necessary. It's an old strat used before we were able to just soak all his damage with our huge MoP health pools.

I just burst him down, got him to <30% before he started flying.
    Didn't get any MC.
    For the adds I just have my pet on assist and wait for it to kill em all (usually while browsing forums or w/e).
    All adds dead, pop CDs and pewpew.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Iirc, he does not use his MC on the main aggro, last time i did it (a few months ago) i just keep myself as top aggro and didn't got MC

10+ Year Old Account
    For phase 3, it can help to kite the first 3 mobs to the back of the room. Gives you time to take down the 4th boss alone.

For phase 4, just dismiss pet, and kill. For phase 5, resummon pet, kill.

Nuke him harder. I do NOT use Stampede or Dire Best, ever. It seems to increase MC chance. Otherwise, just nuke him faster than he can get a MC off.

Dismiss pet just before Kael'thas engages, to avoid getting mind control. Done.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok thanks for the advice. managed to kill him finally with ilvl 454 gear. no ashes though . used the los behind the statue trick to kill him.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

ok thanks for the advice. managed to kill him finally with ilvl 454 gear. no ashes though . used the los behind the statue trick to kill him.
    Grats on the kill and it must've taken some time using that method.

Deleted
    Killed him once and got the mount. Just go in , dismiss pet. Kills him.. no tactics needed.

You should always go MM or Survival on this fight, before the MC phase when only 1 advisor is left place your pet behind a statue and on passive, then kill the last one. You go on the other side of the statue and tank Kael'thas, and that's it. This lets you keep spirit bond in the unlikely event you need it. If you are at a lower level you may very well need it!

I was able to get it down. Best bet it to try and kill the mini bosses in far corners so you have time to kill them before you get all 3. When you get on kael its just a DPS race.