Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Turn off growl and you'll be fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been doing it by being BM, having a ferocity spirit beast with lynx rush and a dire beast do the entire fight for me while im semi afk behind a pillar (dont get MCd that way)

It probably goes faster if you just dismiss your pet or turn off growl though.

Turning off growl will still get you mc'd. Putting your pet on stay while you hide behind a pillar spamming kill command is what hunters were doing in cata so it should still work now.

Been soloing kael as a hunter for god knows how long

You have 3 choices if your gear is great then just save your cds and go nuts on him as soon as he is active you can burn him down before he lets off his first MC

If your gear isnt that great then you need to LOS kael and let your pet burn him down to 50 percent the way i do it is i use the door ways near where alar is situated and basically put your pet into position then let your pet do all the work while you hide behind the doorway also make sure to grab the staff and use the buff so your pet wont get disorientated and when kael is at 50 percent just run after him and its a easy kill from there

Lastly you can go Marksman spec and use the healing chimera glyph and dismiss your pet you should be able to self heal with chim shot while burning him down to get him down to 50 percent
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2013-05-15 at 12:56 PM.

I was doing it last week with my old level 80-85 strategy of LOS boss and pet, and dealing with the frustrating pet behaviors, some unlucky stuns on pet and numerous reset. This week I just thought, why am I using a pet at all in phase 4? So like most people here tell you, I just dismissed my Spirit Beast (with which I solo stuff with) and and got Kael from 100% to 50% in around 5-6 seconds. You don't need any cooldown during phase 1-2-3-5 so you can save them for that solo part. I received a few shots from pyroblast but I haven't got under 75% during that time. If your gear is lower and struggling on that phase, a thing you could do is have a spirit beast, dismiss it, fight the boss, when your hp gets too low for your taste, wait for the boss next cast and wasted mind control, summon pet again, use spirit mending to heal you, blow more pet cooldown and finish him (you have 30 seconds, which should be much more than enough by then. Phase 5 is cake, but I would dismiss pet again when he goes in the air to build up energy, because he will sometime mind control a last time once phase 5 begins.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are using a pet/dire beasts/stampede you are doing it wrong. Just switch to MM or Surv and wreck him get rid of your pet after his 4 councilors are down and solo Kael that way he can't spam MC and force restart the fight.

Or you can go BM and hug the pillar while your pet tanks Kael on the other side, just let your pet do all the dmg and hide behind the pilar LoS Kael so he can't MC you.

Personally I go with the first strategy because there's always the off chance that he will use his stun(which can't be LoS by the way) and your toon will walk around in circles getting out of LoS and get MC. Its happened to me before.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

I first started to (successfully) solo Kael during Firelands and gleaned a number of useful things about the encounter.

It's not really necessary to drag the two melee advisers to the front of the room anymore, just take down the engineer quick.
    The weapons used to give me a hard time but they shouldn't be trouble to anyone now. I just pick up the staff once they're defeated.

equip it and use the buff when your pet is close. Once they are up again, I have my pet rip Capernian and take out the rest except for the engineer.

I position myself and my pet behind the statue while Telonicus is still alive. Rebuff from the staff and kill the engineer.
    Kael will make his way over to you behind the statue. Stay out of his sight as best you can and let your pet take aggro. The staff buff will keep your pet from getting disoriented but you cannot wander too far away, or Kael will stun your pet and come after you.

Pet should easily be able to get him to 50% doing this...Just watch out when he comes down from the phase change..he would sometimes MC during this.
    Not sure if they fixed that or not.

That's how I always did it, even when they took our melee away. I haven't tried it yet without a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Turning off growl will still get you mc'd. Putting your pet on stay while you hide behind a pillar spamming kill command is what hunters were doing in cata so it should still work now.
    For the umpteen bajillionth time it was a bug right when 5.0 came out that he would MC his target if there was any other targets in the room. They promptly fixed it a long, long time ago. So long as he is attacking you and not your pet, he will not MC you, however if he DISORIENTS you and swaps to your pet that is another story.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Just LoS him in MC fase. He will emote "Bow to my will" and one more that I cant remember, then you have a 20sec DPS window. Very easy.