Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    WoW is a MMORPG, LFR is removing the MMORPG part of it. Kind of weird.
    Indeed, according to the conference call bullet points, casual players aren't being engaged enough, and I think a lot of it really is the emphasis on solo play this expansion, including LFR. Few friendships are forged in a LFR environment, whereas you might make a friend or two in a normal mode pug. Communication is pretty much optional.

Many of my guildies over the years said they kept playing for the people/social aspect. With WoW's huge playerbase that was one of the main draws. Now that server transfers are killing off a lot of servers and we're spending time doing pet battles, dailies, and LFR, there's not enough social activity going on. Blizz probably realizes that and they're going to try to get players back into normal somehow or do that 'beer league' idea at least.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    So you go find another guild which suits your playing hours better. That's what the solution should be, not LFR.
    And what if I'm in my current guild because that one long raid once per week is the one time I have time for such a long session without breaks? The rest of the week I can still play, just in shorter sessions. How the hell am I gonna find a guild that wants to raid one hour at a time on some random afternoon that I might have off?

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 02:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Replace the word 'guild' with 'friends' and then listen to how you sound like. And this is what Blizz wants to cater to...
    Most of my out-of-guild friends stopped playing over the course of Cataclysm. Are you telling me I'm not supposed to have something to enjoy in this game without the need for them to be online and available at the exact same times that I am? My daily life does not run like clockwork. My schedule can be completely random. And that is why I enjoy the options for things to do that does not require 4-9 of your friends to be online. Because there's no way in hell any of them would be able to fit into my schedule whatsoever.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 02:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    "original devs"

I always said it, it's impossible that the same persons who made (at least in concept) Ulduar, are still working in "this wow".
    Funny thing is that Ulduar was actually the first patch that GC was really a part of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And what if I'm in my current guild because that one long raid once per week is the one time I have time for such a long session without breaks? The rest of the week I can still play, just in shorter sessions. How the hell am I gonna find a guild that wants to raid one hour at a time on some random afternoon that I might have off?
    Then you're in the right guild. I'm totally fine with not being able to see raid content when you can only play 30 minutes here and there with no prior knowledge to when that might be. There is plenty of other content in WoW to fit that playstyle. Don't come here and change raiding, which is what fits my playstyle, to fit yours. I won't poop on your dailies, scenarios, questing and random BGs. Ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Well, if you made an FPS game with a difficult end boss, would you implement a mode allowing you to fight the boss as if it was an RTS? WoW is a MMORPG, LFR is removing the MMORPG part of it. Kind of weird.
    Adding what is essentially an "Easy" difficulty to raids is removing the RPG in WoW? What?

A vocal idiot minority complained on the forums that heroics weren't heroic enough. Blizzard made heroics too hard and watched a bunch of people quit the game. A vocal idiot minority complained that world pvp is dead. Blizzard made us do a million dailies so we'd get out of the towns to get ganked and a bunch of people quit the game. I see a vocal idiot minority complaining that the social aspect of the game is gone. Who wants to bet that Blizzard does another overreaction to this and removes the dungeon finder next expansion? And we can watch another few million walk out the door.

Then you're in the right guild. I'm totally fine with not being able to see raid content when you can only play 30 minutes here and there with no prior knowledge to when that might be. There is plenty of other content in WoW to fit that playstyle. Don't come here and change raiding, which is what fits my playstyle, to fit yours. I won't poop on your dailies, scenarios, questing and random BGs. Ok?
    In reverse, I don't expect you to poop on "my" LFR. Normal and Heroic raiding hasn't gone anywhere. LFR is merely adding a lower difficulty that at the same time allows for people without a whole lot of time on their hands to still get a fraction of the raid value. The game market is continually evolving. WoW is merely adapting to that by adding content to more diverse playstyles.

Besides, it's of a lot more value to Blizzard to design things that are seen by millions instead of stuff that is only seen by thousands. Why design something for the 5% when you can design something for the 50%?

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 02:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    A vocal idiot minority complained on the forums that heroics weren't heroic enough. Blizzard made heroics too hard and watched a bunch of people quit the game. A vocal idiot minority complained that world pvp is dead. Blizzard made us do a million dailies so we'd get out of the towns to get ganked and a bunch of people quit the game. I see a vocal idiot minority complaining that the social aspect of the game is gone. Who wants to bet that Blizzard does another overreaction to this and removes the dungeon finder next expansion? And we can watch another few million walk out the door.
    Removing dungeon finder and/or LFR would kill off my server entirely. And I'm quite sure most other low-pop realms would follow suit. LFD/LFR is the only thing that has somewhat sustained a mediocre amount of activity on my server for the past 3 years.

Yep, but I've been reading a lot of threads lately here, and on the official forums calling to remove the LFD/LFR. And you know Blizzard likes to make extreme mistakes at the start of an expansion then spend the rest of it backpedaling and admitting they went too far. I look forward to the next mess.

No one puts a gun to your head and makes you run LFR.... if you are as good as you seem to think you are, you should have gear that doesn't NEED LFR gear to complement it to progress in current content. But i'm sure the rest of your guild holds you back...amirite?

the hexos fight looks totally mad, and the last fight is HOW TO PLAY ELEMENTAL LIKE A RETARD, from what i could see ascendance was used but no lava bursts?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't know what the majority would say. But we don't design around majorities." then I guess the big fail related to grinds in this expansion was caused by a small minority complaining about having nothing else to do. Also LFR was a big request after LFD, they added it. So... what should I believe that they do design around majorities or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    bit late with the comic i saw it 3+ days ago

It reminds me Jay Wilson for Diablo 3. "We understand that you and your friends think it's fun, but our data do not support it. THIS is fun". I think the QA regarding BC / WotLK being the best expansions and the answer of blizz is quite revealing. They lost 1,3 mill in 1Q and it does not seem like they care. It would be better to avoid mass quits if they came with: "We understand our mistakes and plan to go back to WotLK design by putting back tabards, dungeons, easy normal mode for social guilds etc etc". But they don't :s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    I always said it, it's impossible that the same persons who made (at least in concept) Ulduar, are still working in "this wow".
    Touché, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    It reminds me Jay Wilson for Diablo 3. "We understand that you and your friends think it's fun, but our data do not support it. THIS is fun". I think the QA regarding BC / WotLK being the best expansions and the answer of blizz is quite revealing. They lost 1,3 mill in 1Q and it does not seem like they care. It would be better to avoid mass quits if they came with: "We understand our mistakes and plan to go back to WotLK design by putting back tabards, dungeons, easy normal mode for social guilds etc etc". But they don't :s
    Tabards had absolutely nothing to do with the success of WotLK, you can thank WC3 for the most of it. Cataclysm/MoP have no apparent ties to the story that began in warcraft RTS games, and that's why they aren't as succesful, period.

Yet on the previous page you sat there and wrote 'find another guild' how about practice what you preach!

Lfr should stay and im quite sure it will. Deal with it.

LFR is perfectly fine. They have been ramping up the difficulty overtime to force players to pay attention during the fights at times. The one thing that really sucks about it is that normal/heroic raiders were required to do it, but apparently they are trying really hard to stop that. I think LFR might work better if all the fights were harder, but shorter, so that it engaged the players more, but not become an insurmountable obstacle.

Deleted
    Toxic Behavior
    What did you think of Riot's Toxic Player Behavior presentation at GDC? Any lessons that can be applied to WoW?
    I think it's awesome. A lot of lessons that can be applied to WoW (or any game) but hard to go into via twitter.

And the moment blizzard starts using the word "toxic" to describe any kind of behaviour in their game on their official forums (this is twitter) I will quit their game. If World of Warcraft is going to "copy" such features like tribunal or report and punishment system from League of Legends it will be the signal that Blizzard is utterly out of any decent ideas and they are not worth the subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    LFR is perfectly fine. They have been ramping up the difficulty overtime to force players to pay attention during the fights at times. The one thing that really sucks about it is that normal/heroic raiders were required to do it, but apparently they are trying really hard to stop that. I think LFR might work better if all the fights were harder, but shorter, so that it engaged the players more, but not become an insurmountable obstacle.
    The problem with LFR is to me not the difficulty, but the fact it nullifies the "MMO" part of WoW. LFR generally doesn't feel like an MMO, but sadly often a fight with bad scripted bots. From time to time there might be an interesting group where people actually communicate, but that happened much more in pugs, at least back in Wrath.

Generally the best model so far has been the one we saw in Wrath imo., it made the most sense and there were interesting additions for both PvE and PvP.

Those Twitter posters don't deserve responses. They deserve to be taken behind the wood shed and thrashed.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Aww, one of my question's to GC was posted on the news recap. That's cool!