Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If all 1.3 million people who left left because of pandaren then the game got a lot better.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Imagine someone buying the game, playing it for 3 months, then going 'OH SHIT! There's PANDAS on the front cover! I hate Pandas, time to unsub"

1.3 million of these people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit way back before MoP and I have to say it was partly due to the Kung Fu Panda-Pokewow-Farmville additions to the game. They just looked incredibly stupid.

Among other reasons of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If pandaren were a reason for people to leave, then they should have done so with worgen, or hell they should have left before the end of vanilla due to tauren.
    It is simply another bandwagon for people without a legitimate complaint.
    Well Worgen and Tauren are portrayed to be serious and Panda is quite the opposite. I could see how people who cared about lore would be put off because of this expansion.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-05-13 at 01:24 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Well Worgen and Tauren are portrayed to be serious and Panda is quite the opposite. If I cared about the lore I could see how people would be put off because of this expansion.
    Someone hasn't visited the Shado-pan recently.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

With Pandaria Blizzard returned the TBC spirit, a ton of dailies to do for reputation, several runs until you had the required gear for raiding *raidfinder*. But, again Blizzard failed to acknowledge the main flaw WoW has since WotLK: focus the new. With all honesty, most people i know complain about this "trash" cycle that WoW has. Every new patch, all the rest you have done is gone.

WoW is old, but the subs bleeding are result from Blizzard poor hand in handling their best product at time - they still handle WoW the sameway since WotLK, without adapting the changes on the player base and the new stuff in the market.

10+ Year Old Account
    If all they could see in the picture was "lol pandas" then I am glad they left. The less small minded people in wow the better.
    Aye mate

I don't think it is a big enough issue to quit a game over. That said, I think the cute fuzzy animal races in MoP kind of detract from the game. I remember watching the trailer which was super heart pumping bad assery, and then a cute panda shows up and the whole thing goes to WTF-land. Note I don't think the Hozen are much better. I think the game would have been 10x better with a darker color palette, and a more serious race, hell even pandas would have been fine if they hadn't went out of their way to make them cute.

Also I don't know if was the pandas, the short length of the xpack, the similarity of the zones, or what, but of all the xpacks we have seen so far, I found MoP extremely boring when leveling alts. I know a lot of people like a short leveling experience, but I was never one of those, Northrend was long enough that when I finished all the zones on 1 alt, when I'd start on another the starting zone wasn't still fresh in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    ... also I never said crapdaren were childish, I hate how you people always bring that up even though I never even mention it.
    The way you say "crapdaren" is worse than saying "pandaren are childish"...

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faderade View Post
    i still hate pandas with all of my rage, every time i see one i make sure to gank him even though i normally just leave lowbies alone

still though its nothing to make me quit, just a sink for all of my rage
    I'm curious as to why seeing pandaren gives you such rage... It just doesn't make sense to me.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Still haven't tried the panda starter zone or a panda for that matter, really dislike them.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Pandas feel very childish after fighting huge armies of demons, undead and huge dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalukki View Post
    Pandas feel very childish after fighting huge armies of demons, undead and huge dragons.
    Yeah, especially with the Shadow Beasts, Old God-worshipping insect swarms, and a race enslaving, genocidal, thunder warlord.

Not to mention a near genocidal warchief.

They went very far out of their way to create a rich culture for the Pandaren, and it shows. They're a very vibrant race, with a hell of a lot more background than the other expansion additions. Werewolves, and Blue Space Giants (with their spacegoats) come to mind.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2013-05-13 at 03:24 AM.

In the very same raid dungeon that the Lich King, the most powerful necromancer, Lord of the Scourge was killed, the one time most serious threat to the survival of all life on Azeroth, there was an entire 3 boss wing with a Futurama reference boss located in "Putricide's Laboratory of Alchemical Horrors and Fun", 2 giant zombie dogs named "Stinky" and "Precious", a giant zombie that said "Fun time!", "Daddy, I did it!" and farted, and a giant zombie that said "I think I made an angry poo-poo. It gonna blow!", and "Daddy makes toys out of you!"

It's amazing how people have selective memory...

You're playing a video game, it's not super super cereal all the time. Warcraft has never been super super cereal. You act as if something being childish is a bad thing.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

It might have helped the sub loss to an extent. Not because MoP is bad, but because there are a lot of people that go 'oh look lolpanda land, screw that' and never look beneath the surface to see what the game actually brings. I don't credit most of MoP's sub losses to that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    In the very same raid dungeon that the Lich King, the most powerful necromancer, Lord of the Scourge was killed, the one time most serious threat to the survival of all life on Azeroth, there was an entire 3 boss wing with a Futurama reference boss located in "Putricide's Laboratory of Alchemical Horrors and Fun", 2 giant zombie dogs named "Stinky" and "Precious", a giant zombie that said "Fun time!", "Daddy, I did it!" and farted, and a giant zombie that said "I think I made an angry poo-poo. It gonna blow!", and "Daddy makes toys out of you!"

It's amazing how people have selective memory...

You're playing a video game, it's not super super cereal all the time. Warcraft has never been super super cereal. You act as if something being childish is a bad thing.
    There's a difference between the the "goofy" and "oh i like cute and fluffy things" types of silly.

Whenever I hear someone bash MoP with the "lol pandas" defense, I refer them to this article: In Defense of Pandas: Dispelling Mists of Pandaria's Main Criticisms.

Specifically this quote:

“KEEP PANDAS OUT OF MY GAME! Anthropomorphic regular bears, oxen, cows, werewolves who can transform into human beings on a mere whim, walruses, space goats, unnatural horse-elephant hybrids, strange amphibious fish-men, avian aberrations, and rat-miner candle addicts are fine.”
    Also think back to Windwaker and how many people missed out on a great game because the "graphics were too kiddy for them." If you need the graphics in a game to legitimize your manliness then you've got self-image problems far, far worse than anything that could stem from someone watching you play as anthropomorphic panda bears.

pink
    pigtailed
    gnomes.

bird-people

cow-people

goat-people

bear-people

walrus-people

"fabulous" male blood elves

murlocs

Yeah ... how are these things all not as, or more (pink pigtailed gnomes), childish than pandaren ?

Serious question. I see people saying Pandaren are childish who have no problem with the above.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by inkberry View Post
    There's a difference between the the "goofy" and "oh i like cute and fluffy things" types of silly.
    MoP is only really goofy though in the Valley of the Four Winds and Stormstout Brewery. The other dungeons, zones and raids all have good storylines and don't rely on goofiness beyond regular wow goofiness that's been in since wc 3 and vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    It must take a special sort of retardation to bitch about pandaren being childish in a game filled with gnomes who warn you about the threat posed by squirrels, bipedal cows, orcs that dance like MC Hammer, trolls with jamaican accents, little green goblins, super-vain blood elves (so much for taking that addiction/Kale-lied-to-us issue seriously) and racial jokes about Twilight.

Yeah, so much bleeding-edge seriousness there until pandaren came along and ruined it. Riiiiiiiiight.

Pandaren is one of the coolest race in Warcraft even more so than Tauren imo. Their culture is so much richer and more detailed than most of the races that's it's not even comparable.