Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    No it was just another reason for people to complain and jump the bandvagn.
    If Panda's were reasons for someone to quit than that person is nothing but a hypocrite.

Because yea well...Panda's are just as childish as talking cows or any other race in the game.

Haters just hate and take every opportunity to voice it out, usually without any proper motivation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    It was discussed back when Pandas were announced that all of the existing weird races in Wow have roots in traditional fantasy RPG, myth and Legend or gaming anyway.

gnomes - gnomes r all over fantasy fiction

bird-people - Valkyries, Griffons,

cow-people - Minotaurs

goat-people - The Devil, Baphomet, Witchcraft

bear-people - Norse myth and Legend

walrus-people - hmmm u got me! lol

"fabulous" male blood elves - Elves r all over fantasy fitctional, Tolkein anyone?

murlocs - u got me again! but fish hybrids r everywhere in fantasy gaming

Pandas are not anywhere in Western fantasy myth and legend although they are considered very lucking in China.

Basically, its not the introduction of a weird race into Wow that bothered people it was the lack of any traditional recognition of this particular race. The only comparison we can all make of Pandas is from Kung Fu Panda... not a good start for Blizzard lol
    tauren have extremely few things in common with traditional fantasy minotaurs.
    goblins and gnomes are also very different, in wow they have a steampunk characterization.
    comparing draenei with the devil or baphomet is streching it to infinity and beyond

with that criteria in standard rpg settings you have bugbears that are very similar to an anthropomorphized bear race.
    bear men were already present in wow (furbolgs), but as a less intelligent and more savage race, heavily tied with the night elves. the pandaren are more anthropomorphized, more intelligent, with a deeper culture; more similar to current playable races overall. I don't see a problem with that personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the Male Pandaren. I really do. I wish that everyone who plays one would have their account closed tomorrow so I won't have to see them anymore.

But no, I don't think that Pandaren had a significant effect on sales or subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gniral
    Pandaren Fanart
    God, that's terrible. They almost look as bad as they already do. Look like a goddamn cross between a mole and an orc. Orcbearmole.

ugh

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard made a mistake in how they marketed Mists Of Pandaria. Instead of focusing on the darker, more complex elements of the expansion, they focused on the lighter, more trivial features. This made it seem as if they were targeting the Asian teenager demographic at the expense of other groups of the population.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Deleted
    The panda race as it was designed and implemented feels incongruous in the WoW gameworld. It's too Disney/Pixar and it sticks out like a sore thumb. I honestly wish they had never been put into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I agree, really, but reading your post I actually realized I myself never thought and still am not thinking of MoP as a "serious expansion", it's more like an interlude. As someone else said, there's so many potential storylines and heroes and villains that could have their own expansion, and instead we get MoP, out of the blue. I haven't quit and I am still playing, but yes, I actually feel like MoP is just a minor break, like some small patch before the next raid.
    Honestly, I feel the same. It might deal with a few harsher issues (I don't think any expansion so far has included this much child maiming...), but as a whole it feels lighter and softer, more ground level and relaxing. The sense of urgency isn't really that apparent until you reach Dread Wastes or get involved in this faction stuff.

It's really left field too. We have villains like the BL and Azshara who had been teased and built up for years, while Pandaria is kind of a breather episode.

That said, the pandaren themselves don't bother me, and how they've been introduced is fair too. I think the neutral race model has potential.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    tauren have extremely few things in common with traditional fantasy minotaurs.
    goblins and gnomes are also very different, in wow they have a steampunk characterization.
    comparing draenei with the devil or baphomet is streching it to infinity and beyond
    My point is that their 'lineage', their 'history' can be traced back in RPG fantasy. Im not saying they are the same, the consensus was that everyone agreed there are elements of these races in Western myth and legend. Pandas simply isnt.

Deleted
    Ok, we talked about people leaving (or not) because of the "childish" pandas theme, but what about new players ?

Imagine your average teen that want to play some MMO. He's new to this market, so he knows nothing about raids, holy trinity etc. His friends don't play any of those games.
    So which one will he choose, from a pure thematic point of view:

_ One with lightsabers and Jedi (SWTOR)
    _ One with big, bad ass dragons (GW2)
    _ One with big boobs women (Terra) ^^
    _ One in a spooky world full of cultists and misteries (TSW)
    _ etc.

_ or one with pandas ?

maybe it's not about old players, maybe it's because new players aren't lurked into the game anymore. (the exception being of course if you have friends playing WoW)
    Last edited by mmoc130c3465fa; 2013-05-13 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aSynchro View Post
    Ok, we talked about people leaving (or not) because of the "childish" pandas theme, but what about new players ?

Imagine your average teen that want to play some MMO. He's new to this market, so he knows nothing about raids, holy trinity etc. His friends don't play any of those games.
    So which one will he choose, from a pure thematic point of view:

_ One with lightsabers and Jedi (SWTOR)
    _ One with big, bad ass dragons (GW2)
    _ One with big boobs women (Terra) ^^
    _ One in a spooky world full of cultists and misteries (TSW)
    _ etc.

_ or one with pandas ?

maybe it's not about old players, maybe it's because new players aren't lurcked into the game anymore. (the exception being of course if you have friends playing WoW)
    To be honest, I would say Guild Wars 2 got Women with bigger breasts than Tera.

Dem Norns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    To be honest, I would say Guild Wars 2 got Women with bigger breasts than Tera.

Dem Norns.
    Yep the boobage in GW2 has become legendary... lo

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Id like pandaren if they werent fat, stupid alcoholics. they could have made them so much cooler imo
    but I dont think a lot of people were turned off by them so much that they quit

this is cool: http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/med...cream-full.jpg
    this is not: http://nandurion.de/wp-content/uploa...t-Pandaren.jpg
    The same thing could be said for Dwarfs.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    That's a pure BS statement and you know it. Crapdaren culture only has a lot more copy paste from China, whereas other cultures at least have original features.
    It can't be a "BS" statement because it's his opinion, just like it's your opinion of whatever you think of Pandaren. Stop trying to force you views on others, simply state what you think.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing