Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    quite fake, considering "tinker" isn't going to be a class ever. You want to tinker, engineering makes you a tinker.
    why would we need a mage when we have enchanting???

Tinker is a well-established class in WoW Lore... and they have been there longer than the -Pandaren- race (which was merely a -fun- hero in WC3 .), yet we've seen Blizzard making a whole expansion based on Pandaren.

Tinkers need some love. all 11 WoW classes are based on "magic" and "brute strength", we need a class that focuses on "technology and knowledge".

I must be fake...after stupid Monk and Pandas...Tinker as a new class would totally turn me off and throw me away from WoW. I am deadly serious now. Implement Tinker or even think about it, I won't forgive you and the only game I will play will be Hearhstone and D2.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Tinkers need some love. all 11 WoW classes are based on "magic" and "brute strength", we need a class that focuses on "technology and knowledge".
    to be fair, rogues and hunters are based on "speed and technique". monks are based on that as well, as well as some magic.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I must be fake...after stupid Monk and Pandas...Tinker as a new class would totally turn me off and throw me away from WoW. I am deadly serious now. Implement Tinker or even think about it, I won't forgive you and the only game I will play will be Hearhstone and D2.
    Well, I sure hope it isn't true, we can't have you leaving 'cause you don't like monks or a class you wouldn't even knew what it was about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks fake indeed. Might not be though...
    Probably in a dungeon or a raid throwing Regrowth on a tank.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it is indeed not a fake then FUCK YEAH TINKER CLASS! if it is fake then oh well..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    If it is indeed not a fake then FUCK YEAH TINKER CLASS! if it is fake then oh well..
    Ofcourse it's fake, you are really going to believe this? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    16 pages of people calling it fake yet you actually dont know if it is unless original poster admits it so untill then;

1 person here prove its fake!

just sayin seems as yet again mmo-champion posters always know better, your all like mystic fucking meg or something?!?!
    I can't believe people are this gullible in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Well, I sure hope it isn't true, we can't have you leaving 'cause you don't like monks or a class you wouldn't even knew what it was about.
    Just giving my feedback and thoughts, becase I love their design deicisions until Cata came. After Cata and Pandas, I am not sure about their taste. It is shaped by market, especially young ppl, so I feel like ancient player who loves D2's Paladin, WoW's classes until Cata came and Warhammer and Guild Wars 2 (besides Asura) climates :P
    If market needs Tinker, sure, give it to them. Players who dislike this idea will play other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Ofcourse it's fake, you are really going to believe this? :P
    Yeah, can't belive they could introduce a new class AND a 4th spec for each class, which would be a hell of balance tweaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Just giving my feedback and thoughts, becase I love their design deicisions until Cata came. After Cata and Pandas, I am not sure about their taste. It is shaped by market, especially young ppl, so I feel like ancient player who loves D2's Paladin, WoW's classes until Cata came and Warhammer and Guild Wars 2 (besides Asura) climates :P
    If market needs Tinker, sure, give it to them. Players who dislike this idea will play other games.
    Why other games, i don't like monks that much but i just don't play them, i aint going to play an other game because they got a class i dont like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    That is obviously fake.

After the news about WoW's subscription losses I know that many people are anxious for the next expansion to hit it out of the park. We want something big, and cool, and interesting.

This class structure has the potential to be very big, very cool, very interesting. It adds a LOT of content for the casuals. 13 new class/spec combos - for an altaholic that's 13 more things to level and experience to the full.

I suspect strongly that it is a fake. But I would love for Blizzard to attempt something this ambitious in the next expansion.

I'd love this so much that I've made up a story in my head about this being a trial balloon, that someone at Blizzard deliberately planted so that they could gauge audience reaction to the class and specs. Because that original poster's story is so lame that it has to be made up.

Fake...sure.

Possibly something Blizzard has thought of? Most certainly!

Blizzard does like testing things in small samples, so the idea that the Druid 4th spec is a test seems potentially valid.

*puts on conspiracy theory cap*

Blizzard has invested A LOT in faster development and lean on the fact they have been doing this a LONG time. They also constantly remind us that different teams do different things, and thus the introduction of one set of improvements does not mean others become impossible. Plus Blizzard I think knows they need to revitalize their base, they need to shut the market up and bridge the gap to Titan (which depending on what Titan is may just be reported with WOW as an MMO BLOCK financially).

So taking that into consideration...below I will list some ideas I believe would accomplish that and reference the pic above.

The next expansion will focus on the first of a three expansion war with the Burning Legion (StarCraft sales model).

All Pre-Cata PC models will be updated to Pandaren standards.

New Races: High Elf (Alliance)/Ogre (Horde) (fills two demands and at least with the Elves saves Dev time)

Removal of STR/AGI/INT on gear (but not on characters) and replaces with "Primary Stat". The amount given by the item is automatically give to the appropriate stat for the class in possession of the item.

Streamlining of secondary stats: CRIT/HASTE/MASTERY/AVOIDANCE (no more dodge and parry, animations vary still for flavor).

Analysis of Pic above...

Warrior: Arms (DPS)/Fury(DPS)/Def(Tank)/Lancer (get those STR Polearms Ready!)(DPS)
    Mage: Arcane (DPS)/Fire (DPS)/Frost (DPS)/Blood (Healing through Damage...take 3!)
    Rogue: Combat/Assassination/Subtlety/Dual Wield Tank FTW Spec
    Druid: Balance (DPS)/Feral (DPS)/Resto (Healing)/Guardian (Tanking)
    Hunter: BM (DPS)/Marksman (DPS)/Survival (DPS)/Dark Ranger makes sense but as you will see I am not sure how this fits into my own little theory...
    Shaman: Elemental (DPS)/Enhancement (DPS)/Resto (Healing)/Earth Warden (Tank)
    Priest: Disc (Healing)/Holy (Healing)/Shadow (DPS)/Moon/Arcane (DPS)
    Warlock: Affliction (DPS)/Demonology (DPS)/Destruction (DPS)/Demon Hunter (tanking)(Night Elves can now be Warlocks)
    Paladin: Holy (healing)/Prot (tanking)/Ret (DPS)/Shockadin (DPS)
    Death Knight: Blood (Tanking)/Frost (DPS)/Unholy (DPS)/Necromancy (DPS) *Yay another place for INT Plate*
    Monk: BM (Tanking)/WW (DPS)/MW (Healing)/Red Crane Spec (DPS)
    Tinkerer: No clue based on the icons but one would have to expect at least two roles out of the 4 specs.

Without knowing what a new class could hold, and not sure how Hunter could work in a dual role, I really see Blizz simplifying the game "stats" wise, and shutting the door on the whole pure vs hybrid argument.

Do I think this is going to happen? No
    Do I want it to? Yes in the sense that this big of a splash I think would re-invigorate the game.

At the very least the theory gets two highly requested races, revamped models, and both Demon Hunter and Tinkerer.
    Last edited by kensim; 2013-05-13 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Hate stuff like this. You *wish* it were true but you just don't dare believe it because you have been bullshitted to often.
    Really hope there'll be a couple leaks before Blizzcon though. There were few credible leaks before MoP and while the "oh! surprise!" was nice at the presentation I'm starved for infos.
    And they better *finally* give us *something* on fucking Titan. My hopes for that game are low enough as it is, and no one has had *any* info on it *at all* since the "announcement" years and years ago.. if they don't wanna completely kill interest in the game they better fess up ffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GameFreakRPG View Post
    Love it when people complain about PvP balance. It's very, VERY easy to make PvP 100% balanced, simply by making every class exactly the same. Same spells with different names, only melee, same cooldowns, etc. PvP balance is subjective, the only real way to balance it properly is by taking away class uniqueness, it's not a matter of just increasing / decreasing some numbers.

OT:
    I'm dismissing this as fake for now. I can imagine Blizzard adding in another spec for all classes, I can even imagine them adding another class! But both at the same time? No, not happening. They'd have to make 14 new specs (10 for existing classes minus Druid and 4 for the unknown class), something which is too time consuming.
    Balanced? No way! Just make every spell in the game do a total different thing in a PvP enviorment. Or in a PVE enviorment.

And yes still think this is fakee

Deleted
    it doesn't have to be fake. Lot of icons seems like tanking spec as a rogue or as a shaman, healer as a mage etc.. I see an inspiration by guild wars 2 because almost every class there can heal or tank (I haven't played it much but I think it's true)
    In my opinion it's a good idea and can hold wow alive.

Deleted
    Fuck yeah Dovahkiin spec FUS RO DAH!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this happens I will eat my shoe.

4th spec, demon hunter as a spec, tinkerer? Sounds like someone here, no names, made it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    to be fair, rogues and hunters are based on "speed and technique". monks are based on that as well, as well as some magic.
    thanks for pointing that out. still it doesnt make my point invalid. we need a class based on "technology", which is pretty unique.