Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ...
16
24
25
26
27
28
36
... LastLast
  1. #501
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I think what I'm more curious about is the fact that everyone appears to have 4 specs.
    That's actually one of the things that proves this is fake.

    No way 4th spec will happen, with homogenization having been going on since TBC, they already clearly have very little room to find a niche even for the existing 3 specs, not to mention balancing them. Not. Gonna. Happen.

    Super fake.

  2. #502
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I agree it would be different, as a hard core Gnome player i would love some Gnome love. But the reality is Gnomes and Goblins are joke races and get very little respect from the community and from Blizzard. So the point still stands,


    WHY would Blizzard who is loosing subscriptions put something in the game for the smallest group of players?
    You seem to be under the assumption that the class would be limited to only gnomes and goblins.
    If pandaren can teach all races (sans Cata) how to be monks, I'm pretty sure goblins and gnomes could teach other races how to be tinkers.

    So now you're talking about a class for any, or most races (Can't really imagine a tauren or night elf tinker) which has unique feel and a solid niche.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  3. #503
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The Tinker will draw players because no other class is like it, and because technology classes ARE popular in fantasy MMOs. However, your argument that a class needs to bring in the lost WoW subscribers to be considered a possibility is a joke. It isn't lack of classes that has caused WoW's subscription base to erode, its the fact that WoW is almost 10 years old.
    I just wanted to point out, I'm not saying anything about Tinkers in general just that I'm not sure it being different will mean more people will play it. You could say the same before Monks. Brewmasters for example - evasion tanks, work differently from other tanks/classes. And monks, from the last time I remember, aren't very well played, like they are the lowest representation in raids I think. Just thought new/different doesn't mean popular.

  4. #504
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Some guy on the US forums (Not me) apparently got emailed by "accident" a leaked image referring to class set up for next expansion. Pretty sure its BS but even if totally fake it still is interesting and if were true it would be awesome IMO.



    This is the thread that I saw it on, on US forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6660776?page=1 Topic has now been deleted from us.battle.net

    Anyway I thought I'd bring this to mmo champion even if it is fake pretty cool ideas for 4th specs.
    I love that whoever made this stole my Necrotic icon for DKs. Also, if this was real, why wouldn't the new specs have new icons? All of these icons are already in the game.

  5. #505
    I am Murloc! Gothicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Thrall's loving embrace, all hail ThrallChrist.
    Posts
    5,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The odds are against a Ranger because of the ridiculous amount of overlap with the Hunter class. If Blizzard drops the pet requirement for Marksmanship, then you have pretty much the entire purpose of the Ranger class wiped out in a single stroke. You also have to properly distinguish between three specs, and again make sure that they don't overlap with Hunters and even Rogues. A tall order, and not worth the time IMO. Even in my thread people still thought the class idea was too much like Hunters. This was with a Dark Ranger spec, and a Warden spec tossed in.

    Demon Hunters have numerous implementation problems. People tend to ignore those problems because they love the class. However, those problems are pretty huge, and glaring. Not only are the abilities wholly owned by another class, but the very name causes implementation issues because it can be confused with Hunters. Let it go, it isn't happening.



    The Tinker will draw players because no other class is like it, and because technology classes ARE popular in fantasy MMOs. However, your argument that a class needs to bring in the lost WoW subscribers to be considered a possibility is a joke. It isn't lack of classes that has caused WoW's subscription base to erode, its the fact that WoW is almost 10 years old.
    I agree doing a 4th ranger Spec on hunter would go along way to solving many problems with the hunter class. But this doesn't mean the Demon Hunter play style is in game, they are a Melee caster this has not been done, the Monk almost was a melee caster but they changed their minds 1/2 way into beta, with the glyph a warlock with the right build can approximate a tank, but no one in any raid will take a Warlock to fill the off tank role. Warlocks are treated as back of the bus casters with a pet. I know because I play Warlock Gnomes, and goblin DKs. Would i play a tinker Hellz Yah, I would want it. But I know Blizzard fairly well after playing their games since 1995. (after I returned from living in Europe running Raves.)

    So do i like the idea yah, are they going to do it? No unless activision was taken over by the league of steam.

    You have to face facts they are more likely going to add 4th specs, and Demon Hunter and change hunters to Rangers than make a Tinker class.


    p.s. I do like the bard idea sadly this is WOW and they will add a heavy metal Demon Hunter before a bard.

  6. #506
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Poochy View Post
    I just wanted to point out, I'm not saying anything about Tinkers in general just that I'm not sure it being different will mean more people will play it. You could say the same before Monks. Brewmasters for example - evasion tanks, work differently from other tanks/classes. And monks, from the last time I remember, aren't very well played, like they are the lowest representation in raids I think. Just thought new/different doesn't mean popular.
    Well, Monks encountered a lot of problems when they were implemented. None of it had to do with how they played. Most people who play Monks love it, but the nature of MoP made their representation limited. The two main issues were that they weren't OP, so most people had no inclination to dump their mains and level an alt. The other being that gearing alts sucked in MoP so only the most dedicated leveled their alts to max level.

    In future expansions, I fully expect the Monk population to blossom. It has a great foundation, and it plays wonderfully. Its also a tri-spec hybrid along with Druids and Paladins, the two most popular classes in the game.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-05-14 at 11:48 PM.

  7. #507
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    There´s never gonna be a 4th spec for all classes. Never. Mark my words.
    If i get a penny for every post i saw saying they will never introduce pandas in WoW...

    Anyway, i think its a fake, but its cool.

  8. #508
    I am Murloc! Gothicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Thrall's loving embrace, all hail ThrallChrist.
    Posts
    5,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    You seem to be under the assumption that the class would be limited to only gnomes and goblins.
    If pandaren can teach all races (sans Cata) how to be monks, I'm pretty sure goblins and gnomes could teach other races how to be tinkers.

    So now you're talking about a class for any, or most races (Can't really imagine a tauren or night elf tinker) which has unique feel and a solid niche.
    Not assuming the class would be limited to anything but Pandas, I am saying a class based on the lore of Goblins and Gnomes, which is only represented by Gnome and Goblin NPCs would not be my first guess as to what Blizzard a for profit company would choose.

  9. #509
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    764
    It'd be cool if a tinkerer class was added. I'd totally resub to try it out. The first spec could have something to do with chemicals, maybe DoT oriented caster, the other could be like a lazor caster resembling like arcane mages or something, and it would be cool if the third was like repair oriented and would work like a healing spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

  10. #510
    The Lightbringer Mister K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Under your desk
    Posts
    3,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Never say never. I'm sure we all know of things that "will never happen" in WoW, and they did.
    It would add whole lot new balance issues, the chances of it happening are minute.
    CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos 2 / MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VI / CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz 1.184v (delidded) / GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 780 3GB 1173MHz, 6589MHz, 1.2v / RAM: G.Skill Trident-X 16GB 2400Mhz / PSU: Corsair AX860 Platinum / BOOT: Samsung 840 256GB x2 Raid 0 /

  11. #511
    I am Murloc! Gothicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Thrall's loving embrace, all hail ThrallChrist.
    Posts
    5,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well, Monks encountered a lot of problems when they were implemented. None of it had to do with how they played. Most people who play Monks love it, but the nature of MoP made their representation limited. The two main issues were that they weren't OP, so most people had no inclination to dump their mains and level an alt. The other being that gearing alts sucked in MoP so only the most dedicated leveled their alts to max level.

    In future expansions, I fully expect the Monk population to blossom. It has a great foundation, and it plays wonderfully. Its also a tri-spec hybrid along with Druids and Paladins, the two most popular classes in the game.

    With this I will agree with you,I had to level my Monk Alt because I wanted a Gnome monk Alt.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...essor/advanced

    He is just an Alt and not much more since I have my warlock and DK to worry about.

    I should point out I have to level my alts to max to feel complete.

  12. #512
    It's debatable, most companies would do this the same way. "Leak" an image on the forums and few people see it and spread word, then a CM deletes said post, bringing suspicion into the equation, causing hype.

    I believe ( my opinion only, of course ) that Blizzard set this up, as many do, to get the hype train rolling for the coming months.

    May as well call it here, Tinker (?) and 4 specs incoming.

  13. #513
    Herald of the Titans Matt0193's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    It would add whole lot new balance issues, the chances of it happening are minute.
    The same was aid about Death Knights AND Monks. Both still happened. PvP is often pushed aside for PvE to have new shiny things. Quite rightly, even though it pains me to say it as a PvPer, as WoW is a PvE-based MMORPG.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  14. #514
    Warrior: Dragon Roar icon? Not a clue
    Mage: Has that Warlock Blood-thingy icon.. Blood Mage?
    Rogue: Not a clue
    Hunter: Sub? Wat?
    Shaman: Earth Shock... I'd just assume tank since they can do the rest already.
    Priest: Some sort of Shadow-Frost thing?
    Warlock: It's gonna be demon tanking
    Pally: Shockadin, same as Shaman not much else for it.
    DK: Caster/Healer?
    Monk: Caster?
    Tinker(?): Not a clue.
    Guess games are fun, no matter if this is a true leak or not:


    Warrior: Dragonslayer? Dragoner? Dragonwarrior?
    Mage: Blood Mage! This would make mages interesting again.
    Rogue: Not a clue either.
    Hunter: Demonhunter?
    Shaman: Earthschaman maybe indeed a tank spec?
    Priest: Shadowfrostthingie would be cool.
    Warlock: Demon tank seems popular.
    Pally: Crusader?
    DK: If i would only knew.....its my main. Shadow dk? Hopefully its necromancy i miss it a lot in this game as a spec.
    Monk: no friggin idea.
    Tinker(?): tinkerstuff.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-05-15 at 12:07 AM.

  15. #515
    for the last time tinkerer is already in the game its called the Engineering Profession!
    seriously tinkerer wont happen engineers feel ignored enough as is, and images are easily faked....
    4th specs could happen but tell me, what could you give rogues, mages, hunters, or locks that would feel different enough.
    Also druids, if everyone else gets a 4th spec they ether get a 5th and make other whine, or don't get anything and they whine
    my final thought:
    much ado about nothing, move along, nothing to see, these aren't the droids your looking for.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 08:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    It's debatable, most companies would do this the same way. "Leak" an image on the forums and few people see it and spread word, then a CM deletes said post, bringing suspicion into the equation, causing hype.

    I believe ( my opinion only, of course ) that Blizzard set this up, as many do, to get the hype train rolling for the coming months.

    May as well call it here, Tinker (?) and 4 specs incoming.
    umm they delete trolling false info too you know... derp

  16. #516
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Yes, yes a million times yes.

    Warrior: Trogdor spec, first you are a man, then you are a dragon man!
    Mage: Blood Mage with all the powers of blood....like Blood Bolt and a spell where you throw a bolt made out of blood and at your enemies...and Blood Beam where you fire a beam made of blood at your enemies.
    Rogue: Spider web spec that makes you more spider like, defining ability would be Trail of Cobwebs that mildly irritate your enemies dust allergies.
    Druid: Extra Bear spec spec! If you liked Feral you ain't seen nothing yet!
    Hunter: Dark Ranger spec, makes you look like Sylvannas Windrunner at the cost of all your abilities, faction leaders are meant to stay at home dummy.
    Shaman: Shock spec! Behold the days of perpetual Frost Shock kiting have returned, the Mastery increases Ghost Wolf speed.
    Priest: Blue...thingy.....spec? Your Priest will now worship the phenomena known as the Blue Man Group, powers are more or less the same only your secular now.
    Warlock: Double Demonology spec....with armor! We heard you like Demons so we put Demons on your Demons so you can Demon whilst you Demon?
    Death Knight: Purple...ness spec! All spell effects will now be purple. <-----Can't wait for this one, the one thing my DK lacks is enough purple.
    Monk: Tornado spec. The only reason people play a Monk is Spinning Crane Kick right? Well you know where this one is going.
    Tinker: Oil spec, Arcanist, Fel-Engineering and Explosives.
    LOL this
    Tornado Monk

  17. #517
    1. I'm guessing DK's 4th spec is the "Death Spec" since it's purple like the Death Runes.

    2. The icons are probably placeholders.

    3. And the issue of balance, who cares? The game has been broken for years and the devs have little idea how to fix things.

    4. I was thinking that this image would be likely fake, but with the topic deleted, I'm starting to think otherwise.

  18. #518
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,777
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    It's debatable, most companies would do this the same way. "Leak" an image on the forums and few people see it and spread word, then a CM deletes said post, bringing suspicion into the equation, causing hype.

    I believe ( my opinion only, of course ) that Blizzard set this up, as many do, to get the hype train rolling for the coming months.

    May as well call it here, Tinker (?) and 4 specs incoming.
    This is my assumption as well. Keep in mind, this will be WoW's 10th anniversary.

    Go big or go home.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 12:22 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    With this I will agree with you,I had to level my Monk Alt because I wanted a Gnome monk Alt.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...essor/advanced

    He is just an Alt and not much more since I have my warlock and DK to worry about.

    I should point out I have to level my alts to max to feel complete.
    I'm glad we agree on something for a change.

  19. #519
    I am Murloc! Gothicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Thrall's loving embrace, all hail ThrallChrist.
    Posts
    5,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    This is my assumption as well. Keep in mind, this will be WoW's 10th anniversary.

    Go big or go home.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 12:22 AM ----------



    I'm glad we agree on something for a change.

    Hey I agree on a lot of you ideas, just not your conclusions.

  20. #520
    Also the Monk's 4th Spec should be "Chi-Ji"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •