Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
37
... LastLast
  1. #521
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,664
    Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    It would add whole lot new balance issues, the chances of it happening are minute.
    I can just imagine the buttloads of re-subscripers if WoW's next expansion had new vanilla race models, 4th specs for each class, and the Tinker class.

    11 million subs in fall 2014.

  2. #522
    I haven't checked through the thread at all, but has anyone checked if those new icons already exist? If they do, it's fake. If they don't, it's a good fake or it's real.

    I think I've seen those icons before, but with another color.

  3. #523
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I can just imagine the buttloads of re-subscripers if WoW's next expansion had new vanilla race models, 4th specs for each class, and the Tinker class.

    11 million subs in fall 2014.
    And in-game seasons, class quests, and a set of vanilla/BC servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Go big or go home.


    ---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 12:34 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    I haven't checked through the thread at all, but has anyone checked if those new icons already exist? If they do, it's fake. If they don't, it's a good fake or it's real.

    I think I've seen those icons before, but with another color.
    Again, icon reuse means nothing, they always reuse icons while developing new spells and then switch to new icons parway through development when the art team finishes them, and then usually switch them again before the final version.

    There's no point in doing full icon artwork for that sort of thing when the entire theme of a spec could end up changing in a couple weeks.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  4. #524
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,984
    Fake but interesting none the less.

    Warrior: Dragoon, range DPS warrior
    Mage: Blood mage, probably a healing spec
    Warlock: Demon Hunter, probably a tank spec
    Shaman: Earth Warder, probably a tank spec
    Rogue: Don't know what it would be called, but it would likely be a tank spec
    Paladin: Templar, another DPS spec but with a one handed weapon and a shield
    Death Knight: Necromancer, probably a range DPS spec
    Monk: Don't know what it would be called, but probably a range DPS spec (caster or physical)
    Priest: No idea, but it would probably be a melee DPS spec

    New icon being tinker.

    I know this is fake but the premise would certainly make the game more exciting.

    It's not outside the possibility of something like this happening honestly. I don't think they could add a whole lot to the existing specializations as to imbalance the game even more, but I'd much prefer existing classes get a new specialization rather than a new class/race.

    Adding more options would finally end the range/melee debate in raids these days. If every class had at least a tanking, healing, melee DPS, or ranged DPS option there likely wouldn't be much noise.

  5. #525
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Well my Ele Shaman isn't an Engineer. Her rotation is largely based around Lava Burst procs, keeping totems up, etc. I haven't simmed her in awhile, but I think it's 55k? I've neglected her compared to my hunters.
    As an tinker you tard, don't act as if you didn't know what i meant. Smartass

    Please don't insult other users.
    Last edited by Orly; 2013-05-15 at 01:56 AM.

  6. #526
    4th Will NEVER happen. It would make them have to recruit 50% more people to work in game design department, to balance both PvP and PvE.
    Don't forget WoW is all going downhill from there. People are unhappy with PvE and even more are with PvP, most of them are leaving or taking a break until the hopeless changes come.

  7. #527
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    And in-game seasons, class quests, and a set of vanilla/BC servers.


    ---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 12:34 AM ----------



    Again, icon reuse means nothing, they always reuse icons while developing new spells and then switch to new icons parway through development when the art team finishes them, and then usually switch them again before the final version.

    There's no point in doing full icon artwork for that sort of thing when the entire theme of a spec could end up changing in a couple weeks.
    How early were DK and Monk icons revealed? Not saying you're wrong, but I can't really remember. I do agree that they could very well be placeholders, but I remain sceptical.

    Doesn't everyone at Blizzard have an email that is made for work? It seems weird that this guy "accidentally" got sent this picture, unless he has an email of something like "[email protected]" I could be wrong in this, and they don't use some kind of work email, or this developer just didn't use it. But if I am wrong, why him? Why would a WoW player, one out of some million, get it? If they spelled wrong on the email adress, wouldn't it be a bigger chance of some random person/inactive account would get it? I'm not good at articulating, but I hope you know what I mean.

    Anyway, I really like the new speccs for each class. It's fun to think about what they could be (if this is legit). The one that seems obvious to me is Bloodmage.

  8. #528
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    How early were DK and Monk icons revealed? Not saying you're wrong, but I can't really remember. I do agree that they could very well be placeholders, but I remain sceptical.

    Doesn't everyone at Blizzard have an email that is made for work? It seems weird that this guy "accidentally" got sent this picture, unless he has an email of something like "[email protected]" I could be wrong in this, and they don't use some kind of work email, or this developer just didn't use it. But if I am wrong, why him? Why would a WoW player, one out of some million, get it? If they spelled wrong on the email adress, wouldn't it be a bigger chance of some random person/inactive account would get it? I'm not good at articulating, but I hope you know what I mean.

    Anyway, I really like the new speccs for each class. It's fun to think about what they could be (if this is legit). The one that seems obvious to me is Bloodmage.
    Oh trust me, I'm by no means saying that this whole thing is real. The chances of a random person getting an email like this are just, well, absurd. But as other people have pointed out, it could have been a deliberate leak by Blizzard, or someone making a stupid mistake (Goblin/Worgen halloween masks). Frankly, I still find it very unlikely that this is real, at least with what we know right now.

    My point was just that the icons being reused is not evidence that this is or is not fake. Because Icons are very low priority.

    Hell, the reason the druid travel form icon has always been a hoof is that the cheetah form was a placeholder for a stag form that they just never got around to (until Mists). But in the ~seven years that druids had a cheetah form, they never bothered to switch out the icon for something more appropriate.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  9. #529
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    As an engineer you tard, don't act as if you didn't know what i meant. Smartass

    Please don't insult other users.
    I'm pretty sure his point was that you can't DPS with those engineering abilities. They're pretty worthless.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 01:04 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Oh trust me, I'm by no means saying that this whole thing is real. The chances of a random person getting an email like this are just, well, absurd. But as other people have pointed out, it could have been a deliberate leak by Blizzard, or someone making a stupid mistake (Goblin/Worgen halloween masks). Frankly, I still find it very unlikely that this is real, at least with what we know right now.

    My point was just that the icons being reused is not evidence that this is or is not fake. Because Icons are very low priority.

    Hell, the reason the druid travel form icon has always been a hoof is that the cheetah form was a placeholder for a stag form that they just never got around to (until Mists). But in the ~seven years that druids had a cheetah form, they never bothered to switch out the icon for something more appropriate.
    I'm leaning towards deliberate leak.

    What better way to get people to stop talking about the sub losses than put out a leak for the next expansion?

  10. #530
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Oh trust me, I'm by no means saying that this whole thing is real. The chances of a random person getting an email like this are just, well, absurd. But as other people have pointed out, it could have been a deliberate leak by Blizzard, or someone making a stupid mistake (Goblin/Worgen halloween masks). Frankly, I still find it very unlikely that this is real, at least with what we know right now.

    My point was just that the icons being reused is not evidence that this is or is not fake. Because Icons are very low priority.

    Hell, the reason the druid travel form icon has always been a hoof is that the cheetah form was a placeholder for a stag form that they just never got around to (until Mists). But in the ~seven years that druids had a cheetah form, they never bothered to switch out the icon for something more appropriate.
    I don't think it's good evidence, but I wouldn't say it's completely ignorable. We don't know how early on they make the icons for new classes.

    While it's true about druid's travel form, I don't think it's a good example to prove your point. Cheetah form came after the hoof icon, which shows that they made the icon before the stag form itself. In one way it is actually against your point, because it shows that icons are made early on in the development.

  11. #531
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    I don't think it's good evidence, but I wouldn't say it's completely ignorable. We don't know how early on they make the icons for new classes.

    While it's true about druid's travel form, I don't think it's a good example to prove your point. Cheetah form came after the hoof icon, which shows that they made the icon before the stag form itself. In one way it is actually against your point, because it shows that icons are made early on in the development.
    His point is actually spot-on, it shows how important Blizzard regards icons.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 02:03 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm pretty sure his point was that you can't DPS with those engineering abilities. They're pretty worthless.[COLOR="red"]
    And my point was to dare him, and you, and whoever thinks tinkers would make sense, to make a rotation for each of their spec WITHOUT any of their abilities having any sort of resemblance to an engineering one, while still being able to call the result TINKER.

    Looking forward to it.

  12. #532
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post

    And my point was to dare him, and you, and whoever thinks tinkers would make sense, to make a rotation for each of their spec WITHOUT any of their abilities having any sort of resemblance to an engineering one, while still being able to call the result TINKER.

    Looking forward to it.
    That's going to be pretty tough since you consider this

    15 point skill bonus to Engineering
    and this

    Improves other Tinker abilities with each level learned:
    Cluster Rockets - Larger Area.
    Pocket Factory - Builds Clockwerk Goblins more quickly.
    Robo-Goblin - Increases armor and Strength; enhances Demolish.
    Also gives bonus damage and increases the Tinker's movement speed.
    To be similar abilities.

  13. #533
    Warchief Skorpionss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,228
    If it's demon expansion with Tinker as new class and Demon HUnter spec for warlock I guess it's time for me to sell my account and move on to other pastures... so yeah I hope this is fake...

  14. #534
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    If it's demon expansion with Tinker as new class and Demon HUnter spec for warlock I guess it's time for me to sell my account and move on to other pastures... so yeah I hope this is fake...
    You may want to sell your account, because there's a very strong possibility of both happening.

  15. #535
    Mechagnome kamikaze148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You may want to sell your account, because there's a very strong possibility of both happening.
    According to who exactly?. this patchy piece of "leaked" information.

    Possibility, yes, anything is possible. Its also "possible" that a clown class will make its way into the game, slapping mobs with inflatable balloons, my point is anyone could have fabricated this sketchy information. We (including me) only WANT to buy into it because its a dream scenario, a new spec for each class etc...

    But is it ever a possiblity strong possibility, not until actual evidence presents itself from Blizzard, or an announcement has made. i think its safe to say this is all tin foil hat shinanigans. Fun too speculate though

  16. #536
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You may want to sell your account, because there's a very strong possibility of both happening.
    There is almost no chance of either happening. How gullible are you?

  17. #537
    Scarab Lord Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    4,477
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    There is almost no chance of either happening. How gullible are you?
    If you have done anything with Wratharion this expansion you will know we are under eminent threat of the burning legion invading again. So yeah, a very good chance of that happening.

  18. #538
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That's going to be pretty tough since you consider this



    and this



    To be similar abilities.
    Take your best shot or just shut it with your Tinkers. If you think so strongly that they are doable, at least show some ideas that don't involve two professions.

    Edit: Actually, never mind. I looked at your Tinker ideas from your sig, and it basically sums up to 3 specs, one that screams engineering, one that screams alchemy, and one that looks like a dual-wield hunter.

    So basically a hunter with engineering and alchemy. Meh.
    Last edited by Orly; 2013-05-15 at 06:51 AM.

  19. #539
    2009
    Quote Originally Posted by miekkagoon View Post
    Do you rly know what is story behind pandaren?
    They were a joke which was given to W3 from crying of fan base

    i answer whit cold simplicity

    NEVER!
    2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Blightarrow View Post
    wow will die before we get panderen. I can't explain how many people will try and name their toon with variations of kungfoopanda. NO THANK YOU, we dont need another "cute and cuddely" race, you have taurens and worgens, make due you nuch of greedy people.

    There are a million of these posts here. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz gets its idea from here.

  20. #540
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Take your best shot or just shut it with your Tinkers. If you think so strongly that they are doable, at least show some ideas that don't involve two professions.

    Edit: Actually, never mind. I looked at your Tinker ideas from your sig, and it basically sums up to 3 specs, one that screams engineering, one that screams alchemy, and one that looks like a dual-wield hunter.

    So basically a hunter with engineering and alchemy. Meh.
    So because you don't like the idea, it can never work in WoW? Huh.

    Professions are no limitation for Classes. They're not the same thing, nowhere close. In the case of Engineering, it is the profession that offers unique enchantments and trinkets with effects. There are also bombs and stuff you can use in combat, but those can be used by any class for a DPS boost and do not encroach upon any given class ability. Herbalism has a nature-based healing ability, does this make Druids any less of a healer?

    I don't care much for a Tinker class personally, but saying professions is the reason to not have a class is a fairly loose argument.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-05-15 at 09:26 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •