Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If it wasnt true why the topic would get deleted from official forums. Most likely some of the icons are just placeholders but it gives an idea about what that spec is supposed to be.
    Demon hunter makes sense to be added to hunter class basically they'll use shadow to imbue their arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    People could just as easily confuse the Engineering profession with a Tinker class... and the Alchemy profession with the Alchemist class.
    How would they do that when none of the Engineering profession's abilities exist within the Tinker class? And there wouldn't be an Alchemy class, it would be merged with Tinkers since the two are related concepts.

"Yeah, but Blizzard will never introduce a class into the game that overlaps spectacularly with existing classes."

You mean how Death Knights are basically Warlocks with armor? Or, Warlock / Warrior hybrid?

I wouldn't put anything past Blizzard.
    Yeah, that is a pretty dumb statement. Death Knights are scourge/undead. Warlocks are Demonic. DKs are melee fighters while Warlocks are ranged casters. There's a big thematic difference there across the board.

A few things:
    First off, until the trademark of Mists of Pandaria was discovered, anyone claiming Pandas in the next xpac were speculating. Just because something speculated turns out to be true doesn't mean the original speculation was done with anything resembling evidence.

Second, yes a Demon Hunter class would be extremely popular from a fanbase perspective. A Tinker class, on the other hand, would make a lot more sense from a game design perspective. You could easily do all 4 (ranged dps, melee dps, healer, tank) roles with a Tinker if you want (altho Blizz may skip melee dps). You could fill in gaps for drops by making it mail class that also uses ranged weapons (heck, even the tank Tinker (Tanker, (c)2013 Chrth) could equip a ranged weapon because their tanking abilities would be based on mech rather than weapon damage - altho that could cause the Great Feral-Hunter Wars of Old to return). It'd be very easy to give a Tinker a distinct set of abilities as opposed to a Demon Hunter who would share some (many?) with Warlocks, despite what some people linking "white smoke flare" as an ability would think. And you'd solve the problem of people whining for a petless Hunter spec.

Does it add subs? Probably not. Does a Demon Hunter add subs? Maybe. I'd argue that the return of the Burning Legion would constitute the bulk of returning subs moreso than the class choice.

Conversely, we know that class imbalance is a huge concern and may be responsible for eroding subs. Adding another class and/or more specs on top of it? That appears to be folly to me. But I'm not Blizzard, so they might think they can do so without issues.

Ultimately, though, what it comes down to in the Tinker vs Demon Hunter debate is this: which class would be a better one to fight the Burning Legion with? Considering the Demon Hunters we've encountered in the game haven't all been right in the head, maybe a Tinker class would be the best defense after all.

For as we all know, Magic abilities are -33% against Mechanical pets.

Maybe its a fake, maybe it isn't. I'm leaning more towards the fake side...buuuuut, in the event if this does happen in the future. That 4th shaman spec better be a tank spec or...I'll be thoroughly disappointed

Poor attempt, spacing's off, reused icons from existing spells. The purple skull icon for the fourth DK spec poped up in some fan thread once, so it's hard to imagine it's legit. I think it's fake.

I hope there is never going to be a fourth spec, they have enough dificulties balancing 34 specs and giving them all a place within the game. They shouldn't even think about making that 48 specs (if they add a new class with four specs as well).
    Last edited by Ziktus; 2013-05-15 at 12:40 PM.

Tinker! 4th spec! Drooled my keyboard.
    Too bad it is fake :\

Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    QQ more? SWTOR and GW2 are at your disposal.
    Lol what? Double lol what for a loser who still uses the expression qq.

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    If it wasnt true why the topic would get deleted from official forums. Most likely some of the icons are just placeholders but it gives an idea about what that spec is supposed to be.
    Demon hunter makes sense to be added to hunter class basically they'll use shadow to imbue their arrows.
    Blizzard deletes a lot of things from the official forums.

Every expansion people are willing to believe anyone who posts something that they claim is an "expansion leak". How many of those were actual, legitimate leaks where the leak turns out to be a feature of the next xpac or even remotely accurate in the vaguest sense? 0. Yup, exactly 0. Over the course of 4 expansions.

The possibility of this being an actual leak is 0%. Not 0.001%, not 1%. 0% likely.

People need to stop being so gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Blizzard deletes a lot of things from the official forums.

Every expansion people are willing to believe anyone who posts something that they claim is an "expansion leak". How many of those were actual, legitimate leaks where the leak turns out to be a feature of the next xpac or even remotely accurate in the vaguest sense? 0. Yup, exactly 0. Over the course of 4 expansions.

The possibility of this being an actual leak is 0%. Not 0.001%, not 1%. 0% likely.

People need to stop being so gullible.
    I recall a few leaks to be fair that came true. The panda image, that document listing all future expansion packs + levelling zones and halloween masks of worgen and goblins to be a few.

If this is true, here's what I think each spec might be... possibly:

Warrior: Dragoon - Focus on spears and dragon-ish abilities
    Mage: Blood Mage - Focus on stealing life from your enemies
    Rogue: No idea. Possibly a ranged spec? Like hunter without need of pet?
    Hunter: Demon Hunter - Maybe melee hunter! (They can still use melee weps after all...)
    Shaman: Earthshaker or something Shaman-y like that. A tanking spec maybe.
    Priest: Honestly no idea. Shadowfrost maybe, but I don't think that'd really fit a priest.
    Warlock: Warlock tanking?
    Paladin: Shockadin?
    Death Knight: Maybe a blood dps spec?
    Monk: Ranged dps spec? Maybe something similar to ele sham, but with more kung fu.
    Then the last class pff hell if I know.
    Last edited by rpgmancer; 2013-05-15 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I've been advocating for a tinker class and a 4th spec for awhile now. I never thought of the possibility that they would bring in both at the same time.

That would be one heck of an expansion, and would make a lot of people very happy.

There is some evidence to back up this possibility. The biggest being that Locks have a 4th spec tied into a glyph, and I seriously doubt they're just going to dump the spec next expansion.
    I was waiting for this post since page 7!

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Tinker class?

Fourth spec?

I'm going to guess Teriz made this image. :P

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    If it wasnt true why the topic would get deleted from official forums.
    because its fake.

Rogues will get a bukkake specc? Nice to fit in with the asian theme blizzard
    'T Vlaamse heir staat immer pal, Daar 't winnen of daar 't sterven zal. Alhier, Aldaar aan lange lansen de leeuwen dansen, de leeuwen dansen.... En de leeuwen dansen, de leeuwen dansen.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    A few things:
    They did OK with the monk. He's not the source of all the games imbalance like the DK was, but he's struggling to get his cut of the pie still.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I was waiting for this post since page 7!
    There was a page where I pointed out the same thing.

But didn't use his name.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    They did OK with the monk. He's not the source of all the games imbalance like the DK was, but he's struggling to get his cut of the pie still.
    I left my monk because chi management may be worse than combo point management on a rogue. Monks need more non-chi damage options.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

Why DELETE the thread if it's a fake? Sounds fishy... If it was a fake a simple lock with a "FAKE" statement would suffice.

Assuming it's legit, I would guess that Blizzard wish to try a fourth ROLE, support, together with the trinity we have today.
    Last edited by Buu; 2013-05-15 at 04:38 PM.

Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Why DELETE the thread if it's a fake? Sounds fishy... If it was a fake a simple lock with a "FAKE" statement would suffice.

Assuming it's legit, I would guess that Blizzard wish to try a fourth ROLE, support, together with the trinity we have today.
    I don't even think it was on the first page anymore. So they could've just left it, or locked it.

lol
    This is actually a new class idea i proposed at blizz a while back ... not gonna explain the whole lore behind it ... ... but you would basically play an enginered robot with a whole plethora of 'enginering' skills/moves/equipement...

(lore: it's about a evil goblin that lived during the titans, and created a army to defeat them. The war didn't ended good for him, because he and his army where destroyed. But some of this army survived, and is now discovered during an archeology dig. His evil influence is gone, and you and you're fellow robots are now finally freed)

also i proposed:

-a raiding instance with 6 bosses. Each month one single boss becomes active. No beta access. Only 30 weekly tries...
    Last edited by rogas; 2013-05-15 at 04:56 PM.

some people really just have no joy in their life. so what if it's fake or real? isn't it fun to imagine? yeah that would be pretty cool right? that's how you're meant to act as a fan of something. I looked, smiled, considered it, then got back on with my life, I'd suggest trying to do the same instead of nerdraging at each other. sheesh.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Rogues will get a bukkake specc? Nice to fit in with the asian theme blizzard
    L
    O
    L
    I think i can give up choose talent in this level?
    because if i am not choose this level。 i can have 20% blood more than choosen..
    GREAT BLZ.
    warlock now became a guy use 5 level talents VS other 6 level.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    That's exactly why they'd delete it. Delete a fake thread and people think it's real. Keep a real leak open and people assume it's fake.

Agreed. There's some classes who'd just get another DPS spec (rogue, warrior) currently. Only way to make this work would be a fourth role.

Sadly, the "every spec must be able to solo" philosophy may have doomed a fourth role.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.