Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ...
20
28
29
30
31
32
40
... LastLast
  1. #581
    Pit Lord Doktor Faustus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK of Earth World & Northern Fat Land
    Posts
    2,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    A tinker class?
    Robo-bard, naturally.

  2. #582
    The Lightbringer Kuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City of Judgement
    Posts
    3,048
    Troll threads always gets deleted there.

    My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!


  3. #583
    The Lightbringer Auxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    That's exactly why they'd delete it. Delete a fake thread and people think it's real. Keep a real leak open and people assume it's fake.



    Agreed. There's some classes who'd just get another DPS spec (rogue, warrior) currently. Only way to make this work would be a fourth role.

    Sadly, the "every spec must be able to solo" philosophy may have doomed a fourth role.
    Healers can dps. Why can't a support role use damaging spells aswell?

    Lets say a mage gets a support spec revolving around Runes, they'd still have some of the baseline damaging spells all mages have (I think it's FrostFire Bolt, Fire Blast, Arcane Explosion (?????), The mage bombs, etc.).
    Last edited by Auxis; 2013-05-15 at 05:43 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  4. #584
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    That's exactly why they'd delete it. Delete a fake thread and people think it's real. Keep a real leak open and people assume it's fake.



    Agreed. There's some classes who'd just get another DPS spec (rogue, warrior) currently. Only way to make this work would be a fourth role.

    Sadly, the "every spec must be able to solo" philosophy may have doomed a fourth role.
    the problem about support roles is: nobody likes it. it's a very small niche.

    vanilla had support roles, and it sucked. pally raiding: your role - to keep casting single-man blessings on the whole raid. each blessing lasts 5 minutes and you have 40 party members, so when you finish buffing the last guy, the first one was already running out of buff. sooooo awesome!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  5. #585
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,778
    Support classes make zero sense because the standard classes have several support abilities. Blizzard made the right move eliminating them.

  6. #586
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    2009


    2011




    There are a million of these posts here. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz gets its idea from here.
    i like how anyone can compare a race... to new specs... seriously? oh something the art team has to work on once and when there finished almost never have to work on again compared to something that will ALWAYS cause problems with balance.

    4th/5th specs is like adding 3+ classes WITHOUT the added benefit of being expansions apart because if they add 4th specs they better release them all at once or prepare for the massive shit storm that will be caused when "WHY THE HELL THAT CLASS GET A NEW SPEC MY CLASS DESERVES NEW SPEC FIRST" not to mention all the extra work from the art team to make all those new spell effects, they also would have to addin tri spec because god forbid little timmy have to respec and find out he doesnt like it.

    comparing what is essentially a vanity addon to something that severely effects gameplay and balancing is not something someone who even has a hint of what it takes to make these things thinks
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  7. #587
    Fluffy Kitten Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,546
    I heavily doubt it's real, but if it was, a tinker class and fourth specs would be an interesting way to go and it makes me wonder what the next expansion's theme is that the classes adopting new combat styles and tinkers taking to the battlefield would be, erm, thematic.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  8. #588
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    How would they do that when none of the Engineering profession's abilities exist within the Tinker class? And there wouldn't be an Alchemy class, it would be merged with Tinkers since the two are related concepts.



    Yeah, that is a pretty dumb statement. Death Knights are scourge/undead. Warlocks are Demonic. DKs are melee fighters while Warlocks are ranged casters. There's a big thematic difference there across the board.
    Gonna keep ignoring the Engineering thing, are you? You've been told, in MULTIPLE threads, what Engineering abilities exist within what YOU have posted for proposed Tinker Skills. I'm done on that subject, because you ignore anything that you don't agree with.

    Death Knights actually do appear designed as a cross between Warlocks and Warriors: A Plate Wearing melee focused class using a building resource system (Runic Power similar to Rage) while also relying on using multiple DoTs (Diseases similar to Curses/other DoTs that were a major focus for Warlocks), and the occasional support of a pet (Ghoul similar to Warlock Pet), with a cooldown Super Pet Summon (Army of the Dead similar to Infernal/Doomguard).

    Now, your reply to the comment that DKS=Warrior+Warlock was a different THEME, not mechanic. Your argument for Demon Hunters not being in was they were too close MECHANIC-wise to existing classes, which I just showed Blizzard doesn't seem to have too big a problem with. Ball's in your court, try to keep on track.

  9. #589
    people saying its real because it was deleted... yeah and i guess whoever made the thread he got all the ideas from was actually leaking information right?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  10. #590
    Seeing 'new' icons for mage and priests, I'm thinking about additional quests you had to do on Isle of Thunder. One with getting something from Dark Animus if you were horde and one with charging Jaina's staff if you were alliance. It pretty much looks like Blood Elves were getting some kind of new 'blood-anima-whatsoever' magic which fits that icon and Kirin Tor were getting some kind of 'thunder-magic' which to some point fits icon priests got. Kinda weird priests would be getting benefits from Kiring Tor mages, but whatever - speculations are speculations.

  11. #591
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    Maybe the 4th spec would be the PvP spec and it would be the only PvP spec available to each class. Each having some healing (some a bit more than others) but generally being dps. Putting it closer to GW2 style of playing.

    Then they'd have 11 specs to balance instead of... 33?
    This is all I have to say about that.

    It would make things a lot easier to balance, yes, but I doubt they'd actually dare to do that and upset so many people. It's not exactly a small change.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

  12. #592
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Common Sense Nation
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    A tinker class?
    I heard you are funny. Tell me a joke.

  13. #593
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Gonna keep ignoring the Engineering thing, are you? You've been told, in MULTIPLE threads, what Engineering abilities exist within what YOU have posted for proposed Tinker Skills. I'm done on that subject, because you ignore anything that you don't agree with.
    I ignored nothing. The examples posted from engineering were nothing like Tinker abilities.


    Death Knights actually do appear designed as a cross between Warlocks and Warriors: A Plate Wearing melee focused class using a building resource system (Runic Power similar to Rage) while also relying on using multiple DoTs (Diseases similar to Curses/other DoTs that were a major focus for Warlocks), and the occasional support of a pet (Ghoul similar to Warlock Pet), with a cooldown Super Pet Summon (Army of the Dead similar to Infernal/Doomguard).

    Now, your reply to the comment that DKS=Warrior+Warlock was a different THEME, not mechanic. Your argument for Demon Hunters not being in was they were too close MECHANIC-wise to existing classes, which I just showed Blizzard doesn't seem to have too big a problem with. Ball's in your court, try to keep on track.
    That's quite a stretch. First off DKs primary resource is runes. Through utilizing Runes, they generate Runic power. Runic power is a secondary resource, the primary resource are Runes. So no, the DK system is nothing like the Warriors rage system. Yeah Runic power degrades over time, but when it degrades, DKs still have Runes to perform special abilities. It's not the same thing.

    DoTs=Warlocks is a pretty dumb argument. I suppose you think that Shadow Priests are the Warlock 4th spec?

  14. #594
    Surely a past history of "pandaren expansion is a ridiculous idea" doesn't help to dismiss the possibility that something like that is really in the works.

  15. #595
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Surely a past history of "pandaren expansion is a ridiculous idea" doesn't help to dismiss the possibility that something like that is really in the works.
    again/10chars

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i like how anyone can compare a race... to new specs... seriously? oh something the art team has to work on once and when there finished almost never have to work on again compared to something that will ALWAYS cause problems with balance.

    4th/5th specs is like adding 3+ classes WITHOUT the added benefit of being expansions apart because if they add 4th specs they better release them all at once or prepare for the massive shit storm that will be caused when "WHY THE HELL THAT CLASS GET A NEW SPEC MY CLASS DESERVES NEW SPEC FIRST" not to mention all the extra work from the art team to make all those new spell effects, they also would have to addin tri spec because god forbid little timmy have to respec and find out he doesnt like it.

    comparing what is essentially a vanity addon to something that severely effects gameplay and balancing is not something someone who even has a hint of what it takes to make these things thinks
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  16. #596
    Fake or not (probably fake), a tank spec for my rogue would be my favorite thing ever. I imagine they're not going to have FOUR damage specs for pure classes, so giving a utility spec to each would be a cool way to spice things up.

    Also, the new class looks like some sort of technomancer. I'm not sure what this implies about the next expansion... something completely new? Nothing like this really exists in the current lore. Maybe Gnomeragon, but that wouldn't make a whole xpac.

  17. #597
    As much as I want this to be real it seems fake, mainly because of the reason of "this was accidentally emailed to me by Blizzard." From my memory all the other leaks from previous expansion similar to these supposed spec/class icons came from foreign WoW Armories.

  18. #598
    I am Murloc! Gothicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Thrall's loving embrace, all hail ThrallChrist.
    Posts
    5,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You may want to sell your account, because there's a very strong possibility of both happening.
    I do think it is a strong possibility that they will do 4 specs per class, to match Druids. I am sure the Demon hunting Gylph is a test of Warlock players with an eye towards a Caster Tank Spec for Warlocks. As a Warlock Player I would love this. However it doesn't mean they are not thinking about what the last class to add to WOW will be, odds are it will be Mail Wearing, possibly pure DPS. if so Demon Hunter, Tinker, Alchemist, Ranger could all be in the running. Due to lore issues if Warlocks get the Tanking Spec it will not be called Demon Hunter, and Warlocks may loose Metamorphosis as a result, since the Tank spec would be a petless Shapeshift spec much like the Druid Bear tank.

    There have been several Abilities which use to be core for each class that have been removed to make way for other classes and abilities.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 04:46 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    2009


    2011




    There are a million of these posts here. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz gets its idea from here.

    Pandas, and Monks and the whole of MOP, are a badly executed attempt by Blizzard to appeal to the Asian Gaming market, it has failed since most of the lost subscriptions are actually in the Chinese and Asian markets.

    The only way I can see the "Tinker" is if blizzard thinks the appeal of Steam Punk is higher than Fantasy. And yes WOW is essentially a Steam Punk World, but they have two classic Steam punk Races and everyone else is a Mix of Classic Fantasy tropes. Right now all the classes reflect the pure fantasy origins of the game. They could decide to make Goblins and Gnomes more important to lore and push a Steam Punk Class, but the biggest draw back is the Steampunk Races are the least popular races, and the Steampunk Community is like the old Gothic subculture small at best.

  19. #599
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I do think it is a strong possibility that they will do 4 specs per class, to match Druids. I am sure the Demon hunting Gylph is a test of Warlock players with an eye towards a Caster Tank Spec for Warlocks. As a Warlock Player I would love this. However it doesn't mean they are not thinking about what the last class to add to WOW will be, odds are it will be Mail Wearing, possibly pure DPS. if so Demon Hunter, Tinker, Alchemist, Ranger could all be in the running. Due to lore issues if Warlocks get the Tanking Spec it will not be called Demon Hunter, and Warlocks may loose Metamorphosis as a result, since the Tank spec would be a petless Shapeshift spec much like the Druid Bear tank.

    There have been several Abilities which use to be core for each class that have been removed to make way for other classes and abilities.
    LoL! They're never going to remove Metamorphosis from Warlocks. They have had the ability since WotLK. Also Blizzard's goal is to make Warlocks more popular. Introducing a Demon Hunter class and butchering the Warlock class in the process would retard that goal.

    Also the vast majority of WoW players never played WC3, nor care about Demon Hunters. So the DHs popularity among hard core fans mean little in the grand scheme of things.

  20. #600
    I almost want blizzard's next class to be a complete curveball. So this whole tinker vs demon hunter debate ends. Something noone saw coming. Like a sapper or something. Your dps is solely based on blowing yourself up and seeing how fast you can run back to the fight and repeat the process.
    Side node: Teriz: After playing warcraft 3 nonstop through finals week, and not losing a game with the tinker, i wouldnt be completely opposed to the class. As long as i could drop factorys EVERYWHERE.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •