Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i hope they make something complete oposite of demon hunter just to show it in everyones face

I wouldn't be surprised at Blizzard implementing a fourth specialization for the classes to match druids but I feel skeptical given than an additional specialization for each of the classes, aside from Druid, just makes things more difficult for the overall balance. It would be just more work to add new specializations and balance those than just finely tune the existing specializations and classes.

Though if true I would love to see it open up a little more hybridization for the classes. Range for Paladins, healing for rogues, tanking for warlocks. Etc.
    "Enjoy your power"

God I wish this wasn't fake... It's April Fools all over again =/

I mean DUDE, a guy took my 4th spec ideas and my favorite new-class-concept and put into a picture. haha

Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    i hope they make something complete oposite of demon hunter just to show it in everyones face
    paladins are already in the game :P
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    God I wish this wasn't fake... It's April Fools all over again =/

I mean DUDE, a guy took my 4th spec ideas and my favorite new-class-concept and put into a picture. haha
    ...said 90% of the WoW community.

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    wrong sir. Druids already have 4th spec, and i doubt they'd give them 5th spec, so that's 10 new specs for the existing classes.

I think 4th spec is doable. The reason it takes so much work to make 3 specs for a new class like the dk or monk is because they have nothing to start with. They're building those classes from the ground up. This is not a problem when tacking on a 4th spec to existing classes.

Also notice that in mop they were able to make not only a new class, but also a new playable race. I believe this is because of the new talent system. Instead of constructing a giant talent tree for each spec, all three share the same small number of talents. That makes the specs somewhat easier to design. A modern spec is nothing more than an assortment of passives and abilities that enable a class to preform a certain role. I totally think blizzard could make 10 of those for existing classes.

However, i agree that creating all 10 specs plus a totally new class with 4 specs might be asking a bit much, but i think we'll see one or the other. Blizzard needs to do something awesome to bring back players. Lets just say if the headline for the next expansion reads "two new races!" and nothing else i will not be buying it.
    Omg fourteen instead of fifteen????? Huge difference!!! Omg!!!!

They won't add 4th spec in the near future, thats for sure. Not while some specs need some serious work.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    And you understand the Demon Hunter version of Metamorphosis is not remotely similar to the Warlock's? For all we know, the DH Transformation could be a resource-fueled ability that enhances all his current ablities instead of giving him new ones.
    They both turn you into demons.
    They both turn the caster into big purple demon beings with wings.

And they are both signature moves, hevaily asociated with the class.

The fact that they are Signature class defining moves is what makes the move special.

It is very unlikely Blizzard will dilute it by giving it (or a similar move) to a new class, regardless of their history.
    It is even less likely that Blizzard will remove it from Warlocks, regardless of who had it first.

And since it is seen as a class defining move by many players, that does present a problem that isn't easy for Blizzard to work around unless Warlock are Demon Hunters.

Add in the other factors - the many moves shared by both classes, the overlap in themes, the use of the Word "hunter" in the class name, the various links Blizzard have already out in place between the Warlock and DH...all this adds up.

Blizzard making a standalone DH class isn't impossible. It is unlikely.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Blizzard making a standalone DH class isn't impossible. It is unlikely.

EJL
    That's all I'm saying. Unlikely, but not impossible. I'm making the argument against those who say it is impossible, as in never will happen. I don't think it's impossible because drastic changes have happened before, and can happen again now. Auras were once a Paladin defining attribute. Now Auras are all but gone. No one thinks twice about it because the mechanic has since phased out of necessity, but that's indicative of class-defining concepts being changed for gameplay purposes. In this situation, we have a spec that has a class defining ability for another. Is it unlikely? Yes. Impossible? No.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Some guy on the US forums (Not me) apparently got emailed by "accident" a leaked image referring to class set up for next expansion. Pretty sure its BS but even if totally fake it still is interesting and if were true it would be awesome IMO.

This is the thread that I saw it on, on US forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6660776?page=1 Topic has now been deleted from us.battle.net

Anyway I thought I'd bring this to mmo champion even if it is fake pretty cool ideas for 4th specs.
    Imo they should just stop making any new classes or a 4th spec until they can balance what they already have

Quote Originally Posted by Babywipe View Post
    Imo they should just stop making any new classes or a 4th spec until they can balance what they already have
    Impossible, because with every patch abilities are shifted and with every expansion new spells are added. The balance will always be on a constant flux, which gives more reason to add new classes (or specs) so that all classes would start fresh on equal ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No, you said that DKs had a similar resource to Warriors which is nosense. their main resource is Runes. Runic power is what the Runes generate. Like how mana produces Holy power, or how Energy produces Chi. Runic power is a secondary resource.

You never heard of Shadow Priests?

There's nothing "astute" about it. It's a dumb comparison made by people who don't know what they're talking about.

Remind me of when and where I said that DHs couldn't mechanically exist in WoW.

Geblin Mekkatorque.
    Ok, had forgotten Geblin. Point to you. Now, name me one who is neutral or on the Horde. Balance, as you put it.

As far as Shadow Priests, yes, they use DoTs. They were NOT that DoT intensive in BC (trust me, I played one), most certainly not as intensive as an Affliction Warlock.

Regarding Runic Power not being like Rage? It acts very similar to rage. Builds up after certain abilities are used (Rune base Abilities as opposed to Rage Generating Abilities), and back in Wrath, actually did grow when taking damage and dealing damage slightly, much like Rage always has. You can disregard that as you will. And once again I will point out I said it was a resource, not that it was their main resource, which you keep focusing on. Just because it's not their main mechanic doesn't mean they don't have a mechanic.

As far as Death Coil: Originally a Warlock spell, which has since been changed. Spell with the same name was given to Death Knights, which they still have with that name. Proof they can have to classes with an ability named the same thing, and have them act differently. Also, sharing names for stuff like that has been around since Vanilla and never been changed. Think about specs: We have two classes with a Protection Spec (Warrior and Paladin), two with a Restoration Spec (Shamans and Druids) and two with a Holy Spec (Paladins and Priests). What's to stop them from adding a class with a spec named the same as another's?

Honestly.... I'm surprised we haven't seen a copyright or patent or something from Blizzard with the name of the next expansion yet.... Gettin' kinda... itchy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

It's possible it doesn't even have a name yet.

Names usually come at the end. They'll have code names and working titles, but it's all finalized way later in the project after a good chunk of development is solid. Otherwise they could end up screwing themselves over if they had a sudden shift in design or were naming it after a specific character/place that wasn't relevant to the story any more.

That class looks like it could really be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    His point is actually spot-on, it shows how important Blizzard regards icons.
    I actually do agree with him that icons are of low priority, I just disagree with the example he gave. Sure, it shows that icons are of low priority, but it also shows that icons are made very early on. Also, don't forget that the form is called "Travel Form" not "Stag Form", and Blizzard may have had plans to implent a proper travel form during many points.

We don't know exactly when they decide to make icons, but evidence suggests it takes priority pretty early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Honestly.... I'm surprised we haven't seen a copyright or patent or something from Blizzard with the name of the next expansion yet.... Gettin' kinda... itchy...
    Looking at history, it's too early for them to do that. We should probably expect a patent around June, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Babywipe View Post
    That will never happen until A) every class has the same abilities just maybe with cosmetic differences and b) gearing and stats are taken out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    LoL! They're never going to remove Metamorphosis from Warlocks. They have had the ability since WotLK. Also Blizzard's goal is to make Warlocks more popular. Introducing a Demon Hunter class and butchering the Warlock class in the process would retard that goal.
    Finally someone who admits that

Really don't need more classes, soon all classes will be similar. Like they already are anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Boretom leats to apadhy, apadhy leats do lazy, ant lazy leats do obesidy.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post

Looking at history, it's too early for them to do that. We should probably expect a patent around June, I think.
    May 15th, so 15 days to June...

Once we have a clue of what the expansion name is we can guess at the content.

If it has anything to do with the Legion then I expect a hero Class, and ten levels.
    If it is another filler arc like MOP than anything is possible.

Possible filler arcs, The Emerald Dream, South Seas, ect...
    Possible End Story The Invasion of the Legion, Something Sargeras, Argus, Titans, ect...

Also to make it clear if it is anything to do with the South Seas than it will be a Goblin heavy expansion, and Tinker would be a 'New Class'. If it is anything to do with the Legion and the Return of Illidan than we will have Demon Hunters and a complete redesign of all classes.