Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm pretty sure it is fake but I love it anyway

If the 4th monk spec icon exists in wow its a fake, if it doesnt its real. The 4th monk spec would have to be something that represents the crane, Chi-Ji, the color of the icon is sort of correct but the icon itself does not look like a crane (the other icons looks like xuen, niuzao and yulon) so it leads me to believe its fake.

A tinker class AND 1 new spec for every class? Complete bullshit. That'd be way too much work for them to do. Maybe if they did another 1 year gap between 5.4 and the new expac, but they've stated that they want to get expacs out faster. I don't see that happening if they have to essentially create 15 new specs (4 of those being from a completely new class).
    Friend Code: 4570-7432-6960. Add me if you want to play some Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    For people who think a demon themed expansion with Tinker wouldn't work. Doesn't anyone remember the Fel Reaver? The Doomforge Engineer?

It's like I'm talking with people who don't even play WoW.

Tinkerer can work in any expansion where gnomes and goblins appear. Demon Hunter will only work once. Demon Hunter is the most-desired class.

Connect the dots.
    Unsubscribed 3/10/2014 - 8/14/2014.
    "Times change."

Beware the claims of yearly expansions. It's not more hype more often, it's paying more for less. Fewer tiers, no more new levels, no more new races/classes, but an ever-increasing price tag....

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Tinkerer can work in any expansion where gnomes and goblins appear. Demon Hunter will only work once. Demon Hunter is the most-desired class.

Connect the dots.
    DK will only work once too? what you mean? wotlk was the last and only expansion so far with undeads as main evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    DK will only work once too? what you mean? wotlk was the last and only expansion so far with undeads as main evil.
    You're statement is a little confusing, what exactly are you trying to say? DKs only work once? Well, that's why they were added in wotlk when we were fighting Arthas.
    Is that what you're trying to say or...? Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You serious?

Demon Hunter WC3 ability;

Warlock ability;

Um, that's exactly what metamorphosis does for Warlocks.
    Wrong, warlocks also gain new abilities when in metamorphosis. But they do get a buff for everything, but not a buff that changes the abilities dramatically.

Support classes, i like them, i liked them in vanilla but then they were taken away. I played a support in Rift for sometime.
    If support classes are made to work well, then they are fun to play.

In vanilla our hybrids had strengths and weaknesses, but the strengths in every area made them whole. Other classes were only good doing one thing in one spec. But hybrids had some strengths from all areas in any of their specs.

I remember the countless paladin pvp videos where half prot half holy paladins own people with 2 hander weapons and sometimes 1h and shield. It worked well enough, they were able to heal up to a point and they did good damage with seals and with good enough weapon.

Shamans had windfury for 2 handers too and fine heals with half resto spec, if they were elemental then healing was even stronger.

Druids had good strengths aswell, bearform for survival and some damage, catform for dps (everyones selfheals werent able to overheal that because barely anyone had selfheals other than other hybrid classes) and they had good healing and overall support. There are plenty of druid videos too from vanilla where all these strengths are seen utilized to beat other classes.

Bringing powerful selfheals for everyone destroyed the possibility in having support classes or specs like back in the day. Their low damage would not be able to hit thro second wind for example. And they arent supposed to be able to hit as hard as pure specs and classes.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Poochy View Post
    You're statement is a little confusing, what exactly are you trying to say? DKs only work once? Well, that's why they were added in wotlk when we were fighting Arthas.
    Is that what you're trying to say or...? Confused.
    What did the other guy say before me? he said the same thing about demon hunters i think, so i asked him the same question about DKs.

While I hope a fourth spec would be made I have to use logic here and day it's not possible. PVP is already a problem at the moment adding 11 new specs to balance would destroy PVP and blizzard would not do that.

As far as another class goes, that is easily doable. I would have to lean towards demon hunter bc diablo. Don't say they aren't related bc monks appeared in both almost simultaneously. But I would prefer a different class besides another hunter. I guess demon hunter could go melee.

Hopefully we will hear something at blizzcon, maybe something about Titan as well

Blood mage?

Vladimir you're drunk, go back to LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    What did the other guy say before me? he said the same thing about demon hunters i think, so i asked him the same question about DKs.
    Oh, k. But, are you trying to argue against or with him? Cause what you said about DKs seems to support what he's saying instead of arguing against it.

I don't have high hopes for a Tinker, but you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility of fourth specs for everyone. It would be the perfect way to complement new character models, and really breathe some new life into what will then be a nigh on ten-year-old game.

I think fourth specs are very realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I left my monk because chi management may be worse than combo point management on a rogue. Monks need more non-chi damage options.
    Compared to what DK's were at launch... Monks are significantly more balanced.

If you're not a fan of the playstyle, that's an entirely different issue. Though I do somewhat agree that WW need another chi-less-button to hit that isn't Jab and T30.

The point is that they're significantly more competent at implementing new classes since WLK.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 11:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    If the 4th monk spec icon exists in wow its a fake, if it doesnt its real. The 4th monk spec would have to be something that represents the crane, Chi-Ji, the color of the icon is sort of correct but the icon itself does not look like a crane (the other icons looks like xuen, niuzao and yulon) so it leads me to believe its fake.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Ability_monk_cranekick.png

Would be overjoyed with an actual caster dps Paladin spec. I never get to spec dps on 2 healer fights. Blood mage would be great too. All fake I'm sure but great ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Would be overjoyed with an actual caster dps Paladin spec. I never get to spec dps on 2 healer fights. Blood mage would be great too. All fake I'm sure but great ideas.
    TBH I would make due if Holy had some more damage output in their spells. Make Holy shock, Judgements, Holy Wrath pack bigger punches and make one of the seals boost white damage considerably by spellpower or INT. I feel like all healers should be normalized to at least be on par with Disc Priests and Mistweavers when DPSing. Even if it's not a pure DPS spec, it would make things like running scenarios a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    May 15th, so 15 days to June...

Once we have a clue of what the expansion name is we can guess at the content.

If it has anything to do with the Legion then I expect a hero Class, and ten levels.
    If it is another filler arc like MOP than anything is possible.

Possible filler arcs, The Emerald Dream, South Seas, ect...
    Possible End Story The Invasion of the Legion, Something Sargeras, Argus, Titans, ect...

Also to make it clear if it is anything to do with the South Seas than it will be a Goblin heavy expansion, and Tinker would be a 'New Class'. If it is anything to do with the Legion and the Return of Illidan than we will have Demon Hunters and a complete redesign of all classes.
    Why does it have to be filler or the end? Why can't it just be "legion expansion because hell yeah!"?
    Unsubscribed 3/10/2014 - 8/14/2014.
    "Times change."

Beware the claims of yearly expansions. It's not more hype more often, it's paying more for less. Fewer tiers, no more new levels, no more new races/classes, but an ever-increasing price tag....

Quote Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
    If anyone hasn't noticed this yet, but all talents as they go down are connected UNTIL they come to the supposed 4th spec where there is a clear bar separating it from the rest. Clearly photoshopped.
    what about druids then? guardian spec is also separated

High Overlord
    Next expac Burning legion.......So demon hunters and tinkers could be viable

I mean first time we met wrathion for the legendary quest we can see the greenish fireballs dropping on azeroth.
    Now with the last part of legendary ..........
    Spoilers inc.....
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=212252/5...nscript-chi-ji

ever since i played guild wars 2 i kept saying blizzard missed out making engie a profession rather than a class. tinker could be awesome.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by arnazza View Post
    Next expac Burning legion.......So demon hunters and tinkers could be viable

I mean first time we met wrathion for the legendary quest we can see the greenish fireballs dropping on azeroth.
    Now with the last part of legendary ..........
    Spoilers inc.....
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=212252/5...nscript-chi-ji
    And imo we don't new classes, we need new specs to make it fun again, spec should only be available at lvl cap tho! I dont want to lvl a new alt to 90+ all over again!!
    And what we need is fun and useful professions (not arch type ones)!

Let's say for a moment that these are real. The specs proposed already have some form in the game, so really they're just adding a new way to use the abilities; not creating an entire new spec with all new tools.

Warrior - Dragon Roar; focuses on shouts, maybe gets a new avatar that looks like a draconid.

Mage - Blood; probably one of the few actual new specs.

Rogue - Deadened Nerves; already has everything there, just needs it switched on and arranged.

Druid - Already implemented, and should be used as the basis for what they would do. Guardian got (and still gets) most of the same things it already had when it was lumped in with feral. They added like 2 new buttons and shifted the rest away from other specs. This is what I believe they would do with most other classes.

Shaman - Earth warden; move anything related to the tank aspect to this spec; reimplement (they're in the files/backups) the stuff that was truly for tanking here. No new work, just rework and updates.

Priest - Wand icon?; a ranged dps spec that isn't shadow. Gets the old wand bonuses that used to exist in Discipline? A little flimsy, but eh.

Warlock - Metamorphosis; have your cake and eat it too. Removes the glyph and lets demonologists have their pure DPS role back.

Paladin - icon unknown; Holy DPS? focuses on the DPS aspects of holy shock and its ilk.

Death knight - Necromancy; Pulls the undead control away from the diseases in Unholy so that both can have their niche.

Monk - Crane; ranged DPS probably using things like spinning fire blossom and crackling jade lightning.

Tinker - new class with 4 new specs. From top to bottom, probably Alchemy (healing), Lightning (ranged DPS), Energy burst (tank) and rockets (physical dps)

So, again, if this is to be believed, there are really only 5 truly new specs being built. Maybe 4; I don't really play mage to say that they have the kit for blood somewhere in their other spells.