Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ...
29
37
38
39
40
41
LastLast
  1. #761
    Quote Originally Posted by Antak View Post
    Seems like many things who are very unlikely to happen, ends up happening, especially with Blizzard.
    They already moved away from a point where we had that exact model, in the form of a Shaman with Bloodlust.
    This is not just a change, but a reversion of what is now a huge part of the model around which buffs are planned.
    Bring the player, not the class.

    A buff class would need to bring a buff which is unique, otherwise what would be the point of it.
    And with uniqueness comes the same situation we had then, a class potentially becoming mandatory because of a single button they can press.
    For the most part such unique buffs or skills are now brought by multiple classes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    To be fair, all of the other current DK spec icons are the same symbol in a different color, so it fits perfectly.
    They are not exactly the same though, look a bit closer.
    The one we mention was exactly the same icon with no difference aside from a recolour.
    The blizzard default icons do vary in more than just colour, if not by a huge amount but enough to still be different.
    A symbol on their foreheads, the effect around the border of the skull, the nose and eye flames on unholy.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-08-01 at 07:52 AM.

  2. #762
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,199
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    They are not exactly the same though, look a bit closer.
    The one we mention was exactly the same icon with no difference aside from a recolour.
    The blizzard default icons do vary in more than just colour, if not by a huge amount but enough to still be different.
    A symbol on their foreheads, the effect around the border of the skull, the nose and eye flames on unholy.
    Ah you're right, didn't see that.

  3. #763
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,445
    Icons being older/rehashed icons isn't a big deal. In early stages, most icons are just placeholders.

    Like I said before, the Tinker class being suggested adds an air of legitimacy to this image. NO ONE is talking about a technology based class. Almost everyone is saying its going to be Demon Hunts or some type of Bard.

  4. #764
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    They are not exactly the same though, look a bit closer.
    The one we mention was exactly the same icon with no difference aside from a recolour.
    The blizzard default icons do vary in more than just colour, if not by a huge amount but enough to still be different.
    A symbol on their foreheads, the effect around the border of the skull, the nose and eye flames on unholy.
    This is what I did mean Blizzard would not had a recolor of bloods icon they would had used a placeholder untill the real icon was done.

  5. #765
    I cannot tell you how much I hope this is true. As soon as they announced the 4 specs for Druids before MOP I thought " next expansion we won't get a new class but 4 specs for all classes" and it would be amazing. Finally no outdated "pure" classes anymore. More fun for existing classes, something new to do without having to re-roll (and maybe having to sideline your fav class for the time). It would be perfect.

  6. #766
    Icons being older/rehashed icons isn't a big deal. In early stages, most icons are just placeholders.

    Like I said before, the Tinker class being suggested adds an air of legitimacy to this image. NO ONE is talking about a technology based class. Almost everyone is saying its going to be Demon Hunts or some type of Bard.
    What I don't understand is why people are so dead set on discussing new classes right now. We already have 11 classes, 34 specs many of which are performing poorly across the board or suffering from wonky design.

    If I were inclined to discuss classes at all, I would start by pointing out the problems of existing classes and asking for fixes before asking for a new class.

    It makes a lot more sense to fix things that currently need it than come out with new things instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin
    Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

    Every time you have a question that begins with "Why?" that is about what other people prefer to do with their own goddamn time, come back here, and reread the first row of this post. That will ALWAYS be the answer to your question. Have a nice day.

  7. #767
    Field Marshal Shiino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    88
    i wan more specs

  8. #768
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    What I don't understand is why people are so dead set on discussing new classes right now. We already have 11 classes, 34 specs many of which are performing poorly across the board or suffering from wonky design.

    If I were inclined to discuss classes at all, I would start by pointing out the problems of existing classes and asking for fixes before asking for a new class.

    It makes a lot more sense to fix things that currently need it than come out with new things instead.
    People want new classes because people like new stuff. Not everyone is happy with their class of choice, but enjoy WoW's game design and would like to see something different.

    Also one person's problem is another person's favorite feature. So people suggesting changes to existing classes, often don't get what they want because it clashes with the dev's vision of how the class should work. In my case, I grew tired of how Shaman were designed, and I quit the game for quite awhile. What brought me back to the game was the Monk class. Another example would be the Hunter class. I find it boring as hell to play, and I would champion an overhaul of the entire class. However, Hunter is one of the most popular classes in the game, so my opinion is a minority opinion.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-08-03 at 11:57 AM.

  9. #769
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,567
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    There´s never gonna be a 4th spec for all classes. Never. Mark my words.
    There will be mark my words.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  10. #770
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    There will be mark my words.
    Then explain, if you will, why GC has already said it'd be nearly imposssible to balance AFTER the team tripled in size?
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  11. #771
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,567
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Then explain, if you will, why GC has already said it'd be nearly imposssible to balance AFTER the team tripled in size?
    The game will never be balanced people need to get over that fact. It is an elaborate game of Rock, Paper, Warcraft and someone is always going to get the shit end of the stick. He didn't say it was off the table, just a lot of work.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  12. #772
    The screenshot with four class specs and a tinker class is fake. We can't confirm/deny every rumor but this one is just a clever fake.
    Source: Greg Street (@Ghostcrawler) August 11, 2013
    You have to think that each expansion's class is going to somehow be related to the expansion's theme. What kind of expansion could you base around the theme of Tinkers and technology? A steampunk expansion... would be a cool idea, but my response is simply: NOPE.

  13. #773
    Despite GC tweet, my faith in 4th spec will maintain, like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin. My desire for shaman tanking is that strong.

  14. #774
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,854
    classes don't need 4 specs, would rather see a revamp of existing specs for classes.

    like hunters, their three specs are already so similar, do they really need a 4th? would much prefer to see their existing ones revamped in the style warlocks got, same for rogues. its really just a problem that effects pure dps classes, hunters and rogues got it worst right now, they don't need a 4th.
    dragonmaw - EU

  15. #775
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 45m
    The screenshot with four class specs and a tinker class is fake. We can't confirm/deny every rumor but this one is just a clever fake. SO HES JUST TROLLING TIL BLIZZCON SO JUST YOU WAIT

  16. #776
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darkspear Isle
    Posts
    2,177
    Almost 100,000 people came to this thread with hopes and dream only to be crushed by the man himself.


  17. #777
    Dreadlord Araron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Almost 100,000 people came to this thread with hopes and dream only to be crushed by the man himself.

    Ghostcrawler:Crushing players's dreams since 2009.From the moose,to the forth spec.

  18. #778
    Stood in the Fire Sonridor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Planet Ten
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    People want new classes because people like new stuff. Not everyone is happy with their class of choice, but enjoy WoW's game design and would like to see something different.

    Also one person's problem is another person's favorite feature. So people suggesting changes to existing classes, often don't get what they want because it clashes with the dev's vision of how the class should work. In my case, I grew tired of how Shaman were designed, and I quit the game for quite awhile. What brought me back to the game was the Monk class. Another example would be the Hunter class. I find it boring as hell to play, and I would champion an overhaul of the entire class. However, Hunter is one of the most popular classes in the game, so my opinion is a minority opinion.
    Amen. Played a shammy since WotLK and my breaking point was changing our beloved totems... Using Totems as mere CDs isn't the same thing imho, haha. So then a new class (spec, actually) made me cheer up: Mistweaver Monk.

    New stuff make people happy, specially when they change something you like to something you'll never play again (my shammy is now an enchanting alt lol). I'm against revamping classes because some people may get sad like I did with shammies. I know it's harder, but bringing new classes (or specs) is way better than full revamps.

  19. #779
    ghostcrawler said the screenshot is fake, but they could still be working on 4th spec and tinkers on the inside

    never give up on your dreams!

  20. #780
    Quote Originally Posted by Venyria View Post
    ghostcrawler said the screenshot is fake, but they could still be working on 4th spec and tinkers on the inside

    never give up on your dreams!
    No, they never obviously *lie* to their customers. Its a, now, confirmed fake and you can forget about it.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •