Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    So? It still doesn't change the fact that it will essentially be a profession class.

Actually it does, since its not based on the profession. Which is why the profession is called engineering, and the unit is called Tinker, and the class would also be called Tinker.

It's ridiculous. There are other classes in WC3 that are actually classes, not NPCs heavily relying on a profession. I have engineering and alchemy, that makes me a tinker, right? If not, then I dare you to add to a tinker something I'm not able to do now.
    The only thing ridiculous is that you can't figure out the difference between crafting profession and a class.

The highest ability that Engineers can do is make a pet and a mount. The highest ability that a Tinker class could obtain would be the ability to become mechanical, and make itself immune to bleeds, fears, and drains.

Two completely different things.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 07:59 PM ----------

Completely unique, yet they might be similar to the professions. I like the sounds of that. Indeed, that's what this game lacks, a class based on not one, but TWO professions. Why not demon hunter or necromancer instead? Too similar to existing classes is FAR BETTER than too similar to existing professions. The simple idea is just ridiculous.
    Because Demon Hunters are two similar to Warlocks, and Necromancers are too similar to Death Knights. Also, the Tinker and Alchemist hero is nothing like the professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually it does, since its not based on the profession. Which is why the profession is called engineering, and the unit is called Tinker, and the class would also be called Tinker.

The only thing ridiculous is that you can't figure out the difference between crafting profession and a class.

The highest ability that Engineers can do is make a pet and a mount. The highest ability that a Tinker class could obtain would be the ability to become mechanical, and make itself immune to bleeds, fears, and drains.

Two completely different things.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 07:59 PM ----------

Because Demon Hunters are two similar to Warlocks, and Necromancers are too similar to Death Knights. Also, the Tinker and Alchemist hero is nothing like the professions.
    No, not at all. Never mind the explosives, the rockets, the potions, the mechanicals, the gadgets. Tinkers are not based on the profession? Then why so similar?

And how the fuck can you say demon hunters are too (two, lol) similar to warlock and necromancers to dks? Because they have a handful of abilities that have the same name, yet probably work differently? And then you compare it to tinker vs engineering similarity, when engineering is a carbon-copy of tinkers? Really?
    Last edited by Orly; 2013-05-14 at 08:10 PM.

Deleted
    Next Expac will be special for sure
    It will mark the 10th anniversary of WoW
    We will have new character models to celebrate this
    We will fight against the legion/demons
    We will see new and reworked stuff like always
    but this time, it will be rather special

^i fucking hope so

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Some guy on the US forums (Not me) apparently got emailed by "accident" a leaked image referring to class set up for next expansion. Pretty sure its BS but even if totally fake it still is interesting and if were true it would be awesome IMO.

This is the thread that I saw it on, on US forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6660776?page=1 Topic has now been deleted from us.battle.net

Anyway I thought I'd bring this to mmo champion even if it is fake pretty cool ideas for 4th specs.
    The Email on the OP comes from "Chris Mitten" You can find his blog here: http://www.christophermitten.com/

Judging by the fact that he's an illustrator You would fathom a guess that he wouldn't be using someone else's stock images when picking icons for new classes/specs.

If you look at new classes in the past: Deathknight: All new icons. Monk: All new icons. Tinker: Oh, you know what, lets just use existing icons.

the "4th spec" for Dk's is a recolor of the blood icon (Despite frost and unholy having distinctions.)

Here's the icons they used:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Ability_rewindtime.png
    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Spell_f...ilightcano.png
    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Inv_mis...elarge_red.png
    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Ability..._poison_06.png
    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Spell_s...convection.png

So why would an Illustrator do a quick copy-pasta job like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not at all. Never mind the explosives, the rockets, the potions, the mechanicals, the gadgets. Tinkers are not based on the profession? Then why so similar?
    Again, its not similar. None of the Tinker (or Alchemist) hero abilities are in the engineering or alchemist professions.

And how the fuck can you say demon hunters are too (two, lol) similar to warlock and necromancers to dks? Because they have a handful of abilities that have the same name, yet probably work differently? And then you compare it to tinker vs engineering similarity, when engineering is a carbon-copy of tinkers? Really?
    Um, Warlocks have almost all of the Demon Hunters abilities. It's also well known that Blizzard used Necromancers to create the Death Knight. This is why DKs have abilities like Raise Dead, Army of the Dead, Lichborne, Bone Shield, and Corpse Explosion.

And yeah, Engineering is not a carbon copy of Tinkers. If you believe this, then find a single Tinker ability from the Hero unit that exists in the engineering profession.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-05-14 at 08:21 PM.

So new class and fourth spec?

I'm okay with this.

The hunter one is the warlocks fear token, theres no way wow would use existing tokens to represent their new specs, its too confusing and they are not that lazy. This is 100% fake.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Random image from a random source, and some of the icons are too... vague. Like... the priest 4th spec, what is that even supposed to symbolize?
    Northrend Wormhole Generator. 4th spec will summon a portal and then click the ability they want to use.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Can someone link the images again since the original thread was killed.

Again, its not similar. None of the Tinker (or Alchemist) hero abilities are in the engineering or alchemist professions.

Um, Warlocks have almost all of the Demon Hunters abilities. It's also well known that Blizzard used Necromancers to create the Death Knight. This is why DKs have abilities like Raise Dead, Army of the Dead, Lichborne, Bone Shield, and Corpse Explosion.

And yeah, Engineering is not a carbon copy of Tinkers. If you believe this, then find a single Tinker ability from the Hero unit that exists in the engineering profession.

Good luck.
    To be fair, Rogues got evasion, and shadow priests got mana burn. (the other two skills being immolate and metamorphosis, which are definitely warlock staples.)

IMO, Night Elf Warlocks instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    To be fair, Rogues got evasion, and shadow priests got mana burn. (the other two skills being immolate and metamorphosis, which are definitely warlock staples.)

IMO, Night Elf Warlocks instead.
    Well Mana Burn was completely removed from the game for balance purposes. You are correct that they don't have Evasion. However they have a Glyph called Demon Hunting, an armor set based on Illidan, a form that resembles Black Temple Illidan, and the most iconic Warlock ability (Metamorphosis).

It's safe to say that Blizzard wants Warlocks to take up the Demon Hunting mantle.

Deleted
    Completely unique, yet they might be similar to the professions. I like the sounds of that. Indeed, that's what this game lacks, a class based on not one, but TWO professions. Why not demon hunter or necromancer instead? Too similar to existing classes is FAR BETTER than too similar to existing professions. The simple idea is just ridiculous.
    I'm all for Demon Hunter over Tinker, but why cant we have both? A Tinker class and demon hunters in the form of a 4th warlock spec. Until engineering lets you climb into an armoured mech suit, launch barrages of rockets, healing spray allies, construct turrets, construct mini buildings ect. I fail to see why the class can't exist at the same time as the professions.

Engineering is the profession of making gadgets and small upgrades to your equipment.
    A Tinker would go much further than that and base a unique combat style (that's in the lore) by using weapons, mechs, constructing buildings/turrets and other vehicles. (when I say buildings I don't mean full size buildings) more like buff pads and turrets)

Compare to Mages and enchanting:

Enchanting is the profession of casting spells and small upgrades to your equipment.
    A Mage takes magic much further and develops it into a combat style by casting spells and conjuring elementals.

Is every warrior in WoW a blacksmith because they use swords? No, some maybe but a lot may have no clue how to make a sword. Doesn't stop them from basing an entire combat style using them.

going from 34 to 48 "classes" to balance within just one expansion? I kinda doubt it tbh.

Deleted
    Warrior: Berserker
    Mage: Blood mage
    Hunter: Dark Ranger
    Warlock: Demon Hunter

Everything else: ?? And new class is tinker?

Good luck.
    So out of 4 abilities, one is gnome's engineering racial (with an emphasis on engineering), the other is (and i'll let you pick) either engineering rockets or the goblin racial. The other 2 are vehicle abilities. And transmute?? Yeah, totally not in alchemy.

Some guy on the US forums (Not me) apparently got emailed by "accident" a leaked image referring to class set up for next expansion. Pretty sure its BS but even if totally fake it still is interesting and if were true it would be awesome IMO.

This is the thread that I saw it on, on US forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6660776?page=1 Topic has now been deleted from us.battle.net

Anyway I thought I'd bring this to mmo champion even if it is fake pretty cool ideas for 4th specs.

Warrior: Some kind of Dragon Warrior?
    Mage: Blood Mage
    Rogue: Not sure
    Shaman: Earth Warden
    Priest: Holy Dps spec?
    Warlock: Demon Hunter/Tank
    Paladin: Inquisitor?
    Death Knight: Necromancy?
    Monk:?
    Tinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    So out of 4 abilities, one is gnome's engineering racial (with an emphasis on engineering)
    Gnome Racial:

15 point skill bonus to Engineering
    Tinker Abilty:
    Improves other Tinker abilities with each level learned:
    Cluster Rockets - Larger Area.
    Pocket Factory - Builds Clockwerk Goblins more quickly.
    Robo-Goblin - Increases armor and Strength; enhances Demolish.
    Also gives bonus damage and increases the Tinker's movement speed.
    You think those are similar abilities? They don't even share e same name.

, the other is (and i'll let you pick) either engineering rockets or the goblin racial.
    Dont worry, I'll do both;

Engineering Missile;
    Hand-Mounted Pyro Rocket
    5 sec cast
    Permanently attaches a hand-mounted pyro rocket launcher to your gloves, allowing a skilled engineer to deal 1049 to 1282 Fire damage to an enemy at long range. The rocket can only be fired once every 45 sec.

Can only be used on the engineer's gloves, and doing so will cause them to become soulbound.

Goblin Racial;
    Rocket Barrage
    Instant 2 min cooldown
    Launches your belt rocket at an enemy, dealing fire damage.

Tinker ability;
    Cluster Rockets
    Bombards an area with rockets, stunning enemy land units for 1 second and damaging nearby enemy units.
    You think these are all the same ability, really? Again they do completely different things, and they don't share the same name. The only similarity is that they fire rockets. I guess fireball, lava burst, and incinerate are also the same ability....

BTW, The engineering missile has a 5 second cast time. Which means it serves no purpose outside of goofing around.

And transmute?? Yeah, totally not in alchemy.
    Please point out the Alchemy transmute ability that can be used on enemy NPCs.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-05-14 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Warrior: Some kind of Dragon Warrior?
    Mage: Blood Mage
    Rogue: Not sure
    Shaman: Earth Warden
    Priest: Holy Dps spec?
    Warlock: Demon Hunter/Tank
    Paladin: Inquisitor?
    Death Knight: Necromancy?
    Monk:?
    Tinker.
    If rogue was anything, I'd imagine it would be warden. The icon looks sort of spin/fan of knives-ish.

Of interesting note, but rather pointless since it's likely the whole thing is fake.
    If you were to assume rogue is warden, hunter is shadow hunter, that tinker is the new class, and that priest fourth spec looks very water/frost-ish. It might be taken as heavily implying an Azshara focused expansion; the Wardens are probably the faction with the most obvious grudge against the Naga and Highborne (Although Maiev is no longer in command), Shadow Hunters are obviously from a Troll origin, tying that spec heavily to the jungle islands, Tinker is of course directly connected to whatever might be left/recovered of Kezan and Undermine. And the only serious thing I can think of that involves both priest healing abilities and frost/water abilities, are the Naga Priestesses of the Tides. But of course, all of that is just baseless guessing.

Priest could also be whatever the hell Lillian Voss is.

Anyone know why the topic was deleted?
    It can't be deleted by the person and as far as I know Blizzard didn't say WHY it was deleted? Maybe this is a spoiler and true? Who knows? It would definitely encourage players to RE-lvl classes for the new specs. So players with all max have a reason to start fresh. I see no reason why they wouldn't consider it?

Here's what I see as new specs here:

Warrior: Dragon Aspect
    Mage: Blood
    Rogue: Seeker (magical melee hybrid if you don't know)-possibly leather int
    Druid: Unchanged
    Hunter: Demon Master - mail int?
    Shaman: Earth Tank (You know RB is still in-game)
    Priest: Twilight
    Warlock: Melee Demon hunter
    Paladin: Shock ranged (Adds another plate int)
    Death Knight: Runemaster- A necromancer spec emphasizing melee/ Unholy gets more undead,ranged abilities (Basically retooled Blood DPS)
    Monk: Red Crane (Adds more leather int)

And Tinker Class, Possible factor of the Ethereals being a playable neutral race? They can be Tinkers and not monks while Pandaren cannot be Tinkers

and it could be a CONCEPT that was leaked so the designer didn't get to illustrate the icons?
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2013-05-14 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Anyone know why the topic was deleted?
    It can't be deleted by the person and as far as I know Blizzard didn't say WHY it was deleted? Maybe this is a spoiler and true? Who knows? It would definitely encourage players to RE-lvl classes for the new specs. So players with all max have a reason to start fresh. I see no reason why they wouldn't consider it?

[/B] and it could be a CONCEPT that was leaked so the designer didn't get to illustrate the icons?
    The delete doesn't indicate anything. Blizzard is as likely to remove fake leaks from the forums as they are to remove real ones.

The icon issue is also meaningless, since Blizzard often uses the icons from other classes/specs until the art team gets around to actually making the new icons. And half the time those get replaced partway through beta anyway.